ANNOUNCEMENT Festive Countdown 2019

Free ARX ... cool! Thanks FD, I don't see how anyone could possibly find an angle in which to complain about this.

Free arx is the fig-leaf worn by the 800 pound gorilla that's been stomping all over our Fleet Carriers - and broken multiple parts of the game by hooking into every transaction in the game possible. I still can't drop into a USS, pick up some materials and get back into super cruise without first logging out and back in!

Presumably they figured something like "dang, only 73% of players are logging into the store to buy paint jobs! We must stick it right down their throats!"

Now my reaction would have been - hey, lets make those paint jobs MORE USEFUL and BETTER -
like painting part of the cockpit, so players actually get an in-game benefit...

But Frontier decided to integrate monetization into the game - and by the way they did it, it introduced a load of bugs into the game, which they're still trying to fix.
Fleet Carriers? Hell no, monetization trumped that hands down.

Free arx is the fig-leaf worn by the 800 pound gorilla that's been stomping all over our Fleet Carriers - and broken multiple parts of the game by hooking into every transaction in the game possible. I still can't drop into a USS, pick up some materials and get back into super cruise without first logging out and back in!

Presumably they figured something like "dang, only 73% of players are logging into the store to buy paint jobs! We must stick it right down their throats!"

Now my reaction would have been - hey, lets make those paint jobs MORE USEFUL and BETTER -
like painting part of the cockpit, so players actually get an in-game benefit...

But Frontier decided to integrate monetization into the game - and by the way they did it, it introduced a load of bugs into the game, which they're still trying to fix.
Fleet Carriers? Hell no, monetization trumped that hands down.
Anything purchasable that gives an in game benefit could be classified as pay to win which most consider a bad thing.

Anything purchasable that gives an in game benefit could be classified as pay to win which most consider a bad thing.
Reading comprehension?

I was talking about the in-game-benefit of actually being to SEE some of your purchased paint job, while you're flying around.

Its still just cosmetic, but now actually visible to the pilot.

We're not talking about a competitive advantage from cockpit paint! dude...

Reading comprehension?

I was talking about the in-game-benefit of actually being to SEE some of your purchased paint job, while you're flying around.

Its still just cosmetic, but now actually visible to the pilot.

We're not talking about a competitive advantage from cockpit paint! dude...
Sorry I was thinking of something that improved visibility over the standard cockpit, my mistake.

It happens
Sorry I was thinking of something that improved visibility over the standard cockpit, my mistake.
It happens :)

The fact that none of the paint jobs - like zero - not even a little bit - is visible in the cockpit, has been a pet peeve of mine since beta...

It happens

The fact that none of the paint jobs - like zero - not even a little bit - is visible in the cockpit, has been a pet peeve of mine since beta...
You can see the Krait ones with certain ship kits, but that is an outlier.

edit: oh and in VR you can see the paints of the Type-Xs...

Since the switch to an artificial currency I won't be buying anything from the store. Please return to simple cash transactions.
Sorry, I prefer the new system. I prefer to be able to earn the items in-game by just playing the game for the small number of items that I want to get.

Courier, Orca and Type-10 have been added today.

I have been waiting for a paint job I like for the T-10, now I can’t decide which one I like best 🤔

Also, a new “Festive Countdown” filter has been added to the web store for easily finding all the specific Festive countdown paint jobs.

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
It happens

Race car drivers generally can't see any of the livery on their car when driving either...

Courier, Orca and Type-10 have been added today.

I have been waiting for a paint job I like for the T-10, now I can’t decide which one I like best 🤔

Also, a new “Festive Countdown” filter has been added to the web store for easily finding all the specific Festive countdown paint jobs.

Yay, a "SPECIALS" button! Well done FDev! So, what exactly is this low light effect paintjob thing for? :unsure:

Hauler, Mamba and Beluga Liner (@Rick6549 😉) have all received the shiny treatment today.

Also the Asp Ex, Alli Chieftain, Sidey, Krait MKII and Cobra MKIII have all had various Festive paint jobs added along with a “Festive” filter (not to be confused with “Festive Countdown”) to check them all out.

I personally picked up the Iridescent Dawn for the Type-10, Mamba and Cobra MKIV today, really like the look of it. Oh and the Santa bobble on his little Cobra MKIII sleigh haha couldn’t resist.

Top Bottom