Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

acb.jpg

I love how the last bit of ISC shows all the progress they made in the last year. Truly puts stuff in perspective.

No, but really: don't give these people any money.

Well it seems like more and more people are giving them money. They could very well make 9/10 mil more than last year.

No, but really: don't give these people any money.
I won't be giving them anything at all...merely shuffling existing store credit around as will a good many backers. It's the new backers that spend the new cash, existing backers just melt a ship or two and use the credits to get something else.

Ci¬G have had a grand total of $5 from me since last year...

Last edited:
I love how the last bit of ISC shows all the progress they made in the last year. Truly puts stuff in perspective.

Hours of dev pimping all blurring together to obscure the lack of significant technical progress this year?

Plus that running joke about how they still haven’t got the bartender AI in the right place?

Yep. Pretty telling.

I won't be giving them anything at all...merely shuffling existing store credit around as will a good many backers. It's the new backers that spend the new cash, existing backers just melt a ship or two and use the credits to get something else.

Ci¬G have had a grand total of $5 from me since last year...
The SOCS Socks are fresh cash only though, and 98% polyester... how can you possibly resist?

Hours of dev pimping all blurring together to obscure the lack of significant technical progress this year?

Plus that running joke about how they still haven’t got the bartender AI in the right place?

Yep. Pretty telling.

Network OCS Stall Fixes, Projectile Manager, Client to Server Actor Networking Rework, On Demand Physicalizing v2, Particle Lighting v3, Asynchronous Disconnection Refactor, Planet v4, SOCS. Also Lack of significant technical progress to some.

Last edited:
The SOCS Socks are fresh cash only though, and 98% polyester... how can you possibly resist?
Strange how Case, Land Rover, Massey-Ferguson, John Deere and New Holland all give me hats, overalls, jackets, gloves, boots and T-shirts for free just to drive their stuff around my farm yet Ci¬G want me to pay for some worthless tat...it's all gone a bit Harley Davidson :rolleyes:

3bb0a5086e2ef9def076f359fcc89d8a.jpg

...and no, it's not mine :oops:

Last edited:
Well it seems like more and more people are giving them money.
Even less reason to give them any money, then.
Lots of people being irreparably stupid is not a good argument for joining their ranks.

Network OCS Stall Fixes, Projectile Manager, Client to Server Actor Networking Rework, On Demand Physicalizing v2, Particle Lighting v3, Asynchronous Disconnection Refactor, Planet v4, SOCS. Also Lack of significant technical progress to some.
See all those numbers at the end? All that reiteration of things that already don't work, and which don't actually help create a working game? No, that's not significant technical progress — it's the very definition of running in place. Over and over and over and over again.

Last edited:

Lol, and what does this translate to in terms of changes to the game world?

An ice planet added to the game, with the ability to die if you don't wear your furry suit. (But no city interiors yet, despite that being what SOCS was supposed to help with ;)). A new mining ship for $$$ with some mechanic wrinkles. The ability to punch people.

Wow.

It's fricking confetti in terms of where the game needs to be in terms of having a stable set of gameplay loops in a stable game world. Let alone anywhere close to its actual pre-sold pitches. (100+ systems, 10k+ simultaneous players, convincing NPC behaviours filling out the world etc etc etc)

The vast majority of bugs and content gaps remain. The legacy of pre-sold ship gameplay remains untouched. The needle really hasn't moved very far at all this year.

The only way the above is 'significant' progress is if you think they've got another 7 years to hit their marks...

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom