Is the market dying?

I noticed there are not many animals on the market anymore in franchise. I was about to adopt a few pandas, but there were literally none on the market for me. After some refreshing there were a few from Frontier. I notice this with a lot of animal species. Sometimes there are a few from Frontier, maybe 2 or 3 from players which are infertile or overpriced. Sometimes there is a good one. With the ones that are that weeks challenge it is not as much of a problem. Don't people sell on the market anymore? I must say now that I have more than enough CC I tend to just release them because it is way faster and I'm sure I'm not the only one. However, since I noticed the drop in market animals I try to sell more on the market for the price frontier suggests, so that people can pick up gold animals for a cheap price.

I hope this will change in the future but I'm scared that it will only get worse.

It will probably get worse when the players that only play Planet Zoo to collect CC move on to other games. Most of the time these are no long time players. But at the moment I'm pretty sure the only reason for the lack of animals is, that over the holidays many players didn't find time to play and put animals on the market. I don't know for sure though, I don't play franchise anymore.

It will probably get worse when the players that only play Planet Zoo to collect CC move on to other games. Most of the time these are no long time players. But at the moment I'm pretty sure the only reason for the lack of animals is, that over the holidays many players didn't find time to play and put animals on the market. I don't know for sure though, I don't play franchise anymore.

No, this is a trend that has been going on for quite a while. Most animals have only few player animals listed, mostly with really bad stats an/or extremely overpriced. I think Frontier started to add their animals to pretty much all species since now at least you can find some Frontier animals whereas before there was nothing but infertile animals for 10,000 CC. For most species with the exception of “starter” or “CC” animals such as peafowls or lions, it’s rare to find enough animals to fill two pages in the trade center. It has drastically changed from the early weeks where you had page after page of animals to go through.

The problem as I see it is that most players have tons of CC by now, so it isn’t worth their time and effort to put up individual animals for sale. It’s much faster to simply release them to the wild. I usually do the same, and I am grateful to those players that put up decent animals during the challenges for a fair price.

Even if you start out with Frontier animals with low end stats, it doesn’t take long to get them up to gold. And if you are not interested in breeding only gold animals, the stats are not that important. So as long as there are animals available, we are OK. And in a way, this is more realistic since it’s probably not that easy for zoos to acquire rarer large animals such as giant pandas or gorillas.

No, this is a trend that has been going on for quite a while. Most animals have only few player animals listed, mostly with really bad stats an/or extremely overpriced. I think Frontier started to add their animals to pretty much all species since now at least you can find some Frontier animals whereas before there was nothing but infertile animals for 10,000 CC. For most species with the exception of “starter” or “CC” animals such as peafowls or lions, it’s rare to find enough animals to fill two pages in the trade center. It has drastically changed from the early weeks where you had page after page of animals to go through.

The problem as I see it is that most players have tons of CC by now, so it isn’t worth their time and effort to put up individual animals for sale. It’s much faster to simply release them to the wild. I usually do the same, and I am grateful to those players that put up decent animals during the challenges for a fair price.

Even if you start out with Frontier animals with low end stats, it doesn’t take long to get them up to gold. And if you are not interested in breeding only gold animals, the stats are not that important. So as long as there are animals available, we are OK. And in a way, this is more realistic since it’s probably not that easy for zoos to acquire rarer large animals such as giant pandas or gorillas.

I suppose you are right, I think it's also partially how the market works. I cannot imagine noone putting an animal up for sale, I think you don't see all the animals listed that are put up for sale. I try to add to it now by putting more animals on the market at least. I think it's a fun thing to browse through the animals and look for one that suits your needs. A bit of rarity is fun as well, but intertile animals are quite useless unless you want to buy them again soon and even though I have a lot of CC, I don't want to spend 10.000 on an animal unless there is no other way (which hasn't happend yet). I feels more alive/involved when there are more animals for sale. I really like the 'interaction' with other players that way. Ah well, we'll see what happens. I guess there aren't as much players online as when the game just released.

A lot of zoo builders have switched to x5 so are breeding less but also demand has dropped but I also think the bigger issue is a lot of breeders dont breed anymore because of this. Then was a big push of breeders when the game launched but not sure there are as many now.

Sometimes it seemingly depends just on the daytime you play and the animals you search for.
Some species seem to be hard to find however, for example Orangutans, those Himalyan Brown Bears, Giant Pandas, Rhinos, Giraffes and Indian Elephants. Quite often I had just a blank search result.

I read somewhere or heard on YouTube animal availability also depends on your biome and continent.

an animal featured in a community challenge will have OP CC at the market and yeah most people have moved on with Franchise, going back only to do the challenges. I also admit that its faster releasing it to the wild.

I have also noticed there's a lot less animals on the market. I think this is a result of people playing with slower aging (myself included).

Sometimes it seemingly depends just on the daytime you play and the animals you search for.
Some species seem to be hard to find however, for example Orangutans, those Himalyan Brown Bears, Giant Pandas, Rhinos, Giraffes and Indian Elephants. Quite often I had just a blank search result.

This is also true. When I was looking to buy flamingos there was 1 page of them. 1 page. There used to be pages and pages of them because they breed like crazy, but now with the slower aging there were hardly any on the market. I checked again today and there was lots of them. So yeah, definitely depends on the time.

I stopped playing franchise because of the button lagging in the trade center and needing to re research when starting a new zoo. I was also releasing most of my animals because of the button lag. It was just getting too aggravating. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
The animal market is still happily alive and well. Timing can play a part in availability on occasion. There may be some moments when you see far more player offerings than others, and some where you see fewer, especially during quiet times such as the holidays :)

I second that is has gone worse a lot. Many active players I know are focused on the community challenges, which do not have a long-lasting effect (e.g. grizzlies, zebras, macaques have already gotten very dry short after the end of the challenge. Even the once very liquid market for Giant Pandas is a mess most of the times of the day.
I have also seen many ppl commenting here, on discord and steam that the market lag or at least the time, which involves too many steps to put animals on the market, make them release animals rather than selling them.
You can clearly see this problem with species like Okapis, Thomas Gazelles, Mandrill, Bongo, Pronghorns and many more. Where the (expected) sale price of < 100CC is not rewarding enough to spend the time.
The result is that you keep searching/ refreshing a a long time just to get a new male Thomas Gazelle or female Mandrill, which the Frontier bot only offers very infrequent.

I stopped playing franchise because of the button lagging in the trade center and needing to re research when starting a new zoo. I was also releasing most of my animals because of the button lag. It was just getting too aggravating. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Interesting issue this, never really had any problems with the trade centre at all, buttons work for me first time.

Interesting issue this, never really had any problems with the trade centre at all, buttons work for me first time.
Seems to be a common issue, I've seen many people complain about it. It's been an issue since beta, though wasn't bad at first. But its gotten worse.

Another factor is that breeders can't breed effectively with the feeding prices the way they are.They also have to still pay it's feed whist it is sitting on the market.

As for the buttons i have a i9 9900k 32gb ram & 100mb fibre and they mostly don't work right.

It has gotten worse. I never put animals up for auction any more. Why? Well, because I currently have 380K CC and I haven't traded/released an animal in quite a while now. All I do is quick trade to get money, because my zoo is slowly but surely going bankrupt, even after all the suggestions and tips I implemented. I don't want to wait an hour to see if an animal has been sold, because my trade center is constantly on the verge of overcrowding due to me wanting to keep breeding animals and not want to have them age up. I even have an 'overflow zoo', but it's far too much hassle to constantly switch between that one and my main zoo. As it is I just don't see the point in selling animals, unless I'm sure they'll be sold in a matter of minutes, like with albino elephants.

What I find helps if it's lagging for me and the buttons aren't registering, is I click on the button once with the mouse, then hit enter while the cursor is still over the button.

As for breeding and trading quality animals, it's too much hassle with the small capacity of the trade center.

I was/am on franchise mode and didn’t really have a problem with the market this afternoon eastern US time. I’ve put up some animals for sale since reading this thread, and all my animals sold. The only thing I had trouble with finding was more female Dall sheep. Other than that, cheetah, tiger, wolves, wild dogs were all in abundance in the market

I still mostly play franchise. I have put animals on the market, fertile and at suggested price or a bit over, never double or more. Most of the time, my animals have not sold, from what I can tell, so I gave up on it.

I wish that there was some way that there could be a more direct way of selling to those who need the animals,a s well as the open market. - ie: people to make requests so that maybe the requested animal/gender could become available, or even sold directly. For example, the other day I was needing a reticulated giraffe, I don't remember which gender, probably male, and none were available until the next time I logged in, and I had nearly forgotten by then.

Top Bottom