More HUD options, please!

I've been using the "mod" that removes various clutter from the HUD - supercruise speed lines, the circles and names around planets, etc. Here's a link to a thread post that details my use of this mod:

I absolutely LOVE the "virgin" view out my canopy glass with no HUD elements overlapping things outside of my ship. Not only is it more immersive (especially in VR), but it also adds a welcome challenge as it forces me to use other instruments like radar and target compass. Oh, speaking of, notice that I'm not talking about turning off ALL the HUD elements via ctrl-alt-G. You can't fly a ship with no instruments. I'm talking about the "augmented reality" view of things OUTSIDE the cockpit.

My request to Frontier is to give us the ability to toggle "augmented reality" from inside the game itself, like I can currently do with orbit lines. If a third-party mod can do this, surely it's easy enough for FDev to code inside the game. This could also provide a bit more fine control, as I would like to keep the weapon reticles that I currently lose using this mod, and I'd like to turn off the "glowing TRON planet effect" one sees looking out the window at a mapped planet, something this mod does not do.

Yes!
Yes!
Yes!

Finally, no more guano on my canopy.

tenor2.gif

What a find! Old Duck is the man. Thank you.
X.

Definitely. The game looks so much better without orbit lines and exclusion zone markers cluttering up the view. I'd love to see an option to allow the rest of it to be removed as well (weapon reticles being a fair exception).

Definitely. The game looks so much better without orbit lines and exclusion zone markers cluttering up the view. I'd love to see an option to allow the rest of it to be removed as well (weapon reticles being a fair exception).
In the meantime, that mod does exactly this (minus targeting). I absolutely love it!

Top Bottom