[Video] January update, was this what we ASKED?! & Fleet carrier delay...

At least the forums have something to argue about for a few days

See, FDev is always giving for those who know where to look.
Now I'm just going to get back to writing until it's time to drink or go to bed though. Only so many rounds of ping pong can be watched.

This community restlessness is made worse by the airtight comms policy. Nothing is ever revealed until they're almost done with it. Therefore in the dearth of knowledge expectations become unrealistic, people become jaded, etc etc. And then there's a push of info right before a big gaming show and it's all bells and whistles again. (until it's delayed)

I've thought many times over the years that FD have created their own community problems through lack of discourse over the game's roadmap. If people are willing to wait 7 years for Star Citizen with still no release on the horizon, I think people in this community would be willing to bear some delays from time to time, if the game's roadmap is being openly shared and discussed. Holding things too close to the vest is causing more harm than good in my opinion, but I think this has always been their style.

If they told us now exactly what was supposed to be coming by the end of this year, you know what the only difference would be right? Twelve months of endless whining instead of maybe three.

Oh and on top of that you'd have twelve months of dreamcrafting, at the end of which people would also be berating FDev for things that they never said they were doing to begin with, but that people had managed to convince themselves that they did during the preceding 12 months.

Source: Four years membership of this forum.

Well I don't want to list all of them, but yeah. Point being it's not just bug fixes, they're trying to make small improvements that may have consequences to be ironed out.
I played the beta, looking at the things I was interested in. I played today, repeating the things I'd tried in the beta - behold things were changed yet again. (I'll admit to at least half-liking the 'new' POI scan)
I think I'll not play for a few days, until the patch, patch, patches have been rolled out.

If they told us now exactly what was supposed to be coming by the end of this year, you know what the only difference would be right? Twelve months of endless whining instead of maybe three.

Oh and on top of that you'd have twelve months of dreamcrafting, at the end of which people would also be berating FDev for things that they never said they were doing to begin with, but that people had managed to convince themselves that they did during the preceding 12 months.

Do you mean something like the plans being made around space legs, base building and atmospheric planets that abound currently?
Roll on the beta tests :)

That dreamcrafting is already happening by virtue of "the leak" so Frontier may as well embrace it, say "yep folks, it legs. We're not going to go in to massive detail now though" and then empower the CMs to shoot down in flames ideas that are not making the mix, because apparently they are 🤷‍♂️

As it is, the 2020/2021 Jesus patch is being built up by a lot of people to be a lot of things it cannot possibly be.

Common wishes? Are we hearing from another 'vox populi'?

The entire thread is a stinking, fake, fish.

i'd wager to say yes, 'less bugs' is a common wish, vox populi or not. just a rational thought because ... 'more bugs' just doesn't compute, except for conspiranoids.

the entire thread is 12+ pages so far of tribute, following and fan noise to a notorious influencer. happy to meet you here! who would have thought! :ROFLMAO: that said, not the worst thread in the forum by any means!

i'd wager to say yes, 'less bugs' is a common wish, vox populi or not. just a rational thought because ... 'more bugs' just doesn't compute, except for conspiranoids.

the entire thread is 12+ pages so far of tribute, following and fan noise to a notorious influencer. happy to meet you here! who would have thought! :ROFLMAO: that said, not the worst thread in the forum by any means!
... and the only thing missing from the thread is any further comment from the OP... How odd :ROFLMAO:

... and the only thing missing from the thread is any further comment from the OP... How odd :ROFLMAO:

well, what about an official response? :ROFLMAO:

cmdrs, we have listened to the yamiks community and are very happy to share exciting news with you: we have decided to delay the delay while we concentrate on writing corporate and public memos about how utterly important this is, and expect us to exercise thorough gesticulation to underline the the importance of this endeavor always striving to change everything accessory or meaningless so everything can stay the same.

Top Bottom