Patch Notes January Update - Patch 2

+1

While a slight adjustment in prices would be understandable, we're seeing most of the 10 minerals "adjusted" nerfed by almost 50%. Painite used to trade at around the 750K -- 800K range. Now? Around 350K -- 436K, and that's assuming the "realistic prices" doesn't drive it down even further!

Frontier, if you really want to enhance the game play surrounding mining, consider:
  1. Applying supply/demand dynamics to infrequently mined metals, such as Bauxite.
  2. Keep the minimum "upper bound" for adjusted minerals to no less than 80% of what they were before the January patch.
  3. Make it more dangerous to mine the expensive stuff. Perhaps by making pirates attack you more often and in greater force the more of a high-value item you carry.

oh, plus 100. Problem is they nerf anything that helps pilots make credits.

Any chance for January update - Patch 3 - that will undo that "fix" for mining and remove the "more realistic " prices? Maybe this time implement something based by offer and demand and not just a nerf?

It isnt just a nerf, but this time you have to do a little work for yourself and find the right places to sell.
Yeah, I know something like this didn't exist in elite before, but believe me, it works and isnt that hard.
o7

Last edited:
oh, plus 100. Problem is they nerf anything that helps pilots make credits.
I never noticed that... I just keep on making 'em... I've made nearly 100 million in the last few days just doing missions, a few CZ's (only to support my local faction) which were broken, and some Haz Res BH'ing...

Of course, some folk may find that unacceptable :)

What is happening with these new BGS states! Our faction controls 23 systems and within those we have 1 Blight and 3 Infrastructure Failures - what! Combine this with the wars and elections then that is a hell of a lot to manage. Was the intention for the new states to be that prolific? Seems like massive overkill.
Without knowing exactly what causes them I think you've probably just got unlucky.

I see 7 Infrastructure Failures and 3 Blights out of 70 systems here (5 IF and no Blights on controlling factions), so around half the rate you're seeing.

Greetings Commanders,

We will be releasing the January Update - Patch 2 on 21 January at 12:00 PM (UTC) for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. This patch includes the stutter issue fix that we introduced in January Update - Patch 1 on PC, for players on console.

Please find the Patch Notes below:

Known Issues

Thargoids
  • Thargoid Hearts can still sometimes become immune to damage. Thanks to logs provided by commanders, we have been able to add some more focused telemetry to identify causes of the issue. Please continue to contribute your netlog files via Issue Tracker should you encounter this bug.

Bug Fixes

Exploration

• Fixed a stuttering issue caused by requesting data for all planets on arrival in a system (console only, this fix has been introduced in January Update - Patch 1 for PC).
  • Numbers are no longer being cut off from signal source names in the Navigation Panel.
Crashes & Stability
  • Fixed a crash which could occur when an Imperial Fighter is destroyed in CQC.
Thargoids
  • Fixed an issue that meant Thargoid Combat Bonds were not always being awarded.
Conflict Zones
  • Fixed an issue which could cause the Conflict Zone victory tracker to disappear.
If you encounter a bug or issue, please do report them straight to our Issue Tracker so that we can investigate!

What about the fact that you guys "nerfed" mining? Are you going to release a patch to address that?

1579604429329.png

Without knowing exactly what causes them I think you've probably just got unlucky.

I see 7 Infrastructure Failures and 3 Blights out of 70 systems here (5 IF and no Blights on controlling factions), so around half the rate you're seeing.
o7 Ian
does someone know if (and how) the system/faction states has an influence on the number and type of missions that a faction propose ?
for example : how can i find stackable mining missions ?

I never noticed that... I just keep on making 'em... I've made nearly 100 million in the last few days just doing missions, a few CZ's (only to support my local faction) which were broken, and some Haz Res BH'ing...

Of course, some folk may find that unacceptable :)
Yo Rat, we used to make 50 Mil from one group mission. We used that to help our new Squadron players get some credits. Then they nerfed it. We’d find great missions so they nerfed board flipping. Deep Core mining was next, followed by Painite mining. Made good credits but it’s an individual task, not like the delivery missions that were so much fun to do and got many of our Squadron mates involved. Sure you can make credits but my point is whenever we find a money-maker it gets nerfed. I much prefer group missions to mining because it keeps Pilots working together. o7 Commander, G.O.M. Rocks!

Deleted member 38366

D
Is there any Info about the "Sensor weirdness"?

It appeared without any Info in the original Patchnotes.
(Ship speed in SuperCruise will now extend/shrink Sensor Scaling regardless of selected Range Setting, Contacts can disappear when speed is reduced)

Why does the executable always hang when exiting the game when a patch is announced. At first I thought I was cutting the time to patch too close, but we've got 40 minutes before going offline. Not a big deal, but always makes me a little nervous.

Missing in the patch notes:

• fixed overly volatile minerals market
  • added multiple-state filter on galmap
  • added current demand indicator on galmap and the starport trade window

🙏
This !!!
Plus add the deep core mining commodities to the filter on the galaxy map !!!

Greetings Commanders,

We will be releasing the January Update - Patch 2 on 21 January at 12:00 PM (UTC) for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. This patch includes the stutter issue fix that we introduced in January Update - Patch 1 on PC, for players on console.

Please find the Patch Notes below:

Known Issues

Thargoids
  • Thargoid Hearts can still sometimes become immune to damage. Thanks to logs provided by commanders, we have been able to add some more focused telemetry to identify causes of the issue. Please continue to contribute your netlog files via Issue Tracker should you encounter this bug.

Bug Fixes

Exploration

• Fixed a stuttering issue caused by requesting data for all planets on arrival in a system (console only, this fix has been introduced in January Update - Patch 1 for PC).
  • Numbers are no longer being cut off from signal source names in the Navigation Panel.
Crashes & Stability
  • Fixed a crash which could occur when an Imperial Fighter is destroyed in CQC.
Thargoids
  • Fixed an issue that meant Thargoid Combat Bonds were not always being awarded.
Conflict Zones
  • Fixed an issue which could cause the Conflict Zone victory tracker to disappear.
If you encounter a bug or issue, please do report them straight to our Issue Tracker so that we can investigate!

Any idea how long it takes for the servers to reboot and the patch to apply? What is the downtime ETA?

Its not about the nerf itself, could be announced as "half prices starting now" and could be ok, its the lie behind a so called dynamic market based on request, that its actually a scope of your cargo of how much you have, with different prices for each player, and making the 3rd party sites with prices completely useless. Sites that everyone used because there is no actual tool in game that can make you guess where you can sell that cargo for a high price.

How do you show that cool signature?

Top Bottom