Patch Notes January Update - Patch 2

What is happening with these new BGS states! Our faction controls 23 systems and within those we have 1 Blight and 3 Infrastructure Failures - what! Combine this with the wars and elections then that is a hell of a lot to manage. Was the intention for the new states to be that prolific? Seems like massive overkill.

The missing Horizons DLC issue is marked as fixed - but I'm still seeing it - is that because it's in this patch? If so, the notes need updating.

Edit:
If you encounter a bug or issue, please do report them straight to our Issue Tracker so that we can investigate!
Can't do that because it's marked as fixed ...

The CQC crash bug was starting to damage my calm; glad that's getting fixed. I now know how Darth Vader felt right as he was about to blow up Luke in the trench. "I have you now!" BONG, CTD, RAGE.

It's tough for a company to admit a mistake, unless it's videotaped and shown to the world. Frontier doesn't do tooooo bad, but they should have had 3 betas not one.
1st Beta - test out the new features and fixes.
2nd Beta - NO NEW FEATURES! Repair the bugs found in the 1st beta and fix features and fixes that weren't fixed.
3rd Beta - NO NEW FEATURES! Only fix bugs found in 2nd Beta.
Release.
30 Years in Software Validation has taught me a few things. I'd be happy to come over to Jolly Old England and run your Validation Team!

Temporary QA Compatibility Tester
Discipline: Quality Assurance
Employment Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 03 February 2020
Salary: Competitive

The only position I’d be interested in is “QA Manager. I did find one job that needs help: Personnel Manager. Found this on their job site:
See anything wrong here?

The only position I’d be interested in is “QA Manager. I did find one job that needs help: Personnel Manager. Found this on their job site:
See anything wrong here?

i guess you would play test for a while and then you would be re-purposed to clean toilets :D

EDIT: or maybe you become community manager 😬 (take it easy, it's a joke :cool:)

i guess you would play test for a while and then you would be re-purposed to clean toilets :D

EDIT: or maybe you become community manager 😬 (take it easy, it's a joke :cool:)
My quip was: Job Title: Temporary QA Tester & Job type: Permanent
Which you guessed QA Tester (until you start finding serious defects) then Permanent Toilet Cleaner... 😱🤪😳

You mean the disappering progress bar? Just read the post starting this thread and you will know this will be fixed today. So just relax and chill, time is on your side.
12:00 UTC... 12:00 UTC... Oh.. 12:00 PM UTC, or 4AM my time. My apologies. Here I thought it had already been fixed. So, since I want to fight in CZs or fight Thargoid Scouts, I get to wait another 6 hours. Yay.
Thanks CMDR Tomacco2k... for the time correction. I got all excited for nothing.

Any chance for January update - Patch 3 - that will undo that "fix" for mining and remove the "more realistic " prices? Maybe this time implement something based by offer and demand and not just a nerf?

+1

While a slight adjustment in prices would be understandable, we're seeing most of the 10 minerals "adjusted" nerfed by almost 50%. Painite used to trade at around the 750K -- 800K range. Now? Around 350K -- 436K, and that's assuming the "realistic prices" doesn't drive it down even further!

Frontier, if you really want to enhance the game play surrounding mining, consider:
  1. Applying supply/demand dynamics to infrequently mined metals, such as Bauxite.
  2. Keep the minimum "upper bound" for adjusted minerals to no less than 80% of what they were before the January patch.
  3. Make it more dangerous to mine the expensive stuff. Perhaps by making pirates attack you more often and in greater force the more of a high-value item you carry.

Top Bottom