Clipper Needs To Be Re-speced to land on medium pads.

The people who own and fly the T-7, Clipper, and Orca love the ships as they are.
Nope. I fly the Clipper and do not love it as it is. It would be better off as a medium ship.
It's only a hand full that want to change them to fit their play style.
Nope. These are some of the most frequently requested changes in the Suggestions forum.
Thankfully this isn't a community run game.
Thankfully you’re not running the game otherwise it would have been considered complete after its initial release and abandoned.

Others want the game to continue to be improved.

The Clipper with engineering can boost over 600 while carrying 192 tons of cargo. No other ship compares to that in the game. Seems like large pads is a decent and balanced trade off.

If the cockpit holo image didn't look like the Thunderquack from the rear I'd fly it more often.

tumblr_pgyhbgGVrU1volvkh_640.jpg

Lets get elite Dangerous!

Thankfully you’re not running the game otherwise it would have been considered complete after its initial release and abandoned.

Others want the game to continue to be improved.

Why do people do this? Why, just because someone doesn't want one particular change, do people make the false accusation that they don't want any changes?

I mean really, its an absoloutely pathetic argument.

Why not just introduce a new Medium sized Gutamaya ship that can compete with the Python?

Same can be asked for a medium Saud Kruger.

I've been suggesting this for years...

Hmm, that imperial python actually looks neat. I'd fly it, if it has better turn rates than the original (i'd even exchange one large hardpoint for that).

Why do people do this? Why, just because someone doesn't want one particular change, do people make the false accusation that they don't want any changes?

I mean really, its an absoloutely pathetic argument.
You mean like how he said he was glad the game is not run as a democracy, yet participates in the Suggestions forum anyway?

(I say ‘participates’, but it’s clear from his posting history that he almost never engages in any actual discussion, and rarely ever responds to people when they ask him a question or explain his position further).

You mean like how he said he was glad the game is not run as a democracy, yet participates in the Suggestions forum anyway?

(I say ‘participates’, but it’s clear from his posting history that he almost never engages in any actual discussion, and rarely ever responds to people when they ask him a question or explain his position further).

Well, he's not wrong. People make suggestions, devs are free to pay attention or not.

As for his posting history, i didn't look. I was commenting on your particular use of a very unworthy argument. Its not just you. I've seen it done time and again. "You don't like this? You don't want any changes! Glad you're not in charge".

Well, he's not wrong. People make suggestions, devs are free to pay attention or not.

As for his posting history, i didn't look. I was commenting on your particular use of a very unworthy argument. Its not just you. I've seen it done time and again. "You don't like this? You don't want any changes! Glad you're not in charge".
That's fair enough.

I guess I just felt that:

It's only a hand full that want to change them to fit their play style.
Thankfully this isn't a community run game.

is an equally unworthy argument, not least because those sentences contradict each other, but also because the final sentence isn't that big a step away from "I don't like this! I don't want any changes! Glad you're not in charge".

That's fair enough.

I guess I just felt that:

is an equally unworthy argument, not least because those sentences contradict each other, but also because the final sentence isn't that big a step away from "I don't like this! I don't want any changes! Glad you're not in charge".

Yes, also unworthy.... i'd actually say everyone wants to change the game to fit their play style :D

Why not just introduce a new Medium sized Gutamaya ship that can compete with the Python?

Same can be asked for a medium Saud Kruger.

I've been suggesting this for years...

I support that motion! ^^
A Medium Gutamaya, maybe unlocked at rank 5. Design wise in the middle between Courier and Clipper, I suppose.

How to call it? Clipper and Cutter are named after sailing ship types, so maybe we can find something in that context.
Schooner? Sloop? Ketch? Yawl? Packet? Barque?

"Yacht" would work fine. Has only 2 hard points, both huge, one class regular 7 slot and one class 7 or 8 dedicate to the new ultra luxury cabin module. Make it, expensive, beautiful, fast, with a good jump range, and require the rank of King.

Lol, I don't want to know how many that would PO.

How to call it? Clipper and Cutter are named after sailing ship types, so maybe we can find something in that context.

IMPERIAL SLOOP!

Before long, there would be great numbers of them named "Antelope" flying the skies in want of Federal gold.

I support that motion! ^^
A Medium Gutamaya, maybe unlocked at rank 5. Design wise in the middle between Courier and Clipper, I suppose.

Imperial Dreadnought. It will have two class-4 hardpoints, like an upscaled vulture.

There is a medium sized hole in the Imperial lineup, for sure. I agree with that. I don't see the point in changing a well established ship, though. Yes, it's frustrating at times, but this is a game where you make choices in ship and load out and have to make compromises with every decision. I'm good with that. I don't want an "easy button".

I would add my name to the petition for a Gutamaya medium ship, though. Imperial Explorer, maybe? I could also get down with an Imperial Sloop or something. Hell, directly copy/paste the internals and hardpoints from a Krait or Python or even an Asp and redesign it with some nacelles and curves, and I'd be all over it.

So, the Clipper was designed to fit on large pads, but it lacks a nice feature of all large (and even some medium) ships.

If it can't be a medium ship, give it a fighter bay. Please.

That would require a reworking of the model. Also it has a pretty thin belly, not sure a fighter bay would fit.

Why do people though focus on what it doesn't have rather that what it does have? It has the speed and manouverability of a small ship combined with the internals/cargo capacity of a medium. That's worth the small sacrifice of not being able to dock at outposts. And let's be clear here, that is what this is all about, the ability to dock at outposts, which people do exactly how often? Yeah, right.

Top Bottom