General Remove Mining from the Trade Rank and create a new Mining Rank Category

Hi All,

Here's something we were thinking of discussing on Lave Radio this week. As you all know, Credits from Mining are put into the Trade rank and we all know that with the huge amount of credits you get from breaking rocks, it kind of makes the Trade Elite Rank, effectively meaningless.

What do you think about removing all mining credits from the trade rank and creating a new Elite Rank for mining (It could even replace the CQC Elite rank on the HUD). That way we make Elite Trade rank great again and we get to think up new Mining rank names from Stoneless to Elite.

What do you think and what shoul the ranks be?

I certainly like the idea of replacing the CQC rank in the HUD. With almost anything, frankly.

And I've heard worse ideas than taking mining out of Trade and giving it its own rank. But then how would you gain access to Shinrarta Dezhra in five minutes flat?

I certainly like the idea of replacing the CQC rank in the HUD. With almost anything, frankly.

And I've heard worse ideas than taking mining out of Trade and giving it its own rank. But then how would you gain access to Shinrarta Dezhra in five minutes flat?

Obviously the number of credits per rank will be vastly different from Rank to rank in the mining Rating. Maybe as much as 20 times (as you can make so much money).

Same with passanger missions. Passangers are cargo?!

I thought Passengers increased your exploration rank/ credits. Might be a good idea to separate that out as well because they you'd know how much you've actually explored and how much you ran your beluga to Hutton. ;-)

I thought Passengers increased your exploration rank/ credits. Might be a good idea to separate that out as well because they you'd know how much you've actually explored and how much you ran your beluga to Hutton. ;-)

IIRC, sightseeing missions count as Exploration, though the XP/credit earned is much lower than for scanning things. A to B passenger hauling counts as Trade.

IIRC, sightseeing missions count as Exploration, though the XP/credit earned is much lower than for scanning things. A to B passenger hauling counts as Trade.
I don't know the figures, but I pretty much got Exploration Elite from doing Robigo tours. It was certainly nothing to do with actual exploration.:(

Totes agree. I posted a similar thread with other ranking suggestions. Mining should be it's own as well.

I don't know the figures, but I pretty much got Exploration Elite from doing Robigo tours. It was certainly nothing to do with actual exploration.:(

You can easily get exploration Elite while never leaving the bubble. Maybe if they tied exploration rank to unexplored systems, that would be complex though because they would have to break down the rewards in UC to explored/unexplored systems, and would you get exploration xp for mapping planets that had already been tagged etc. Personally I think ranks need to be tied more tightly to certain activities in game.

Can we just bump this one?

It's just after the Livestream where Bruce said he got his trade Elite by just mining. It feels that should be a lot more Elite Rankings than the Big Three.

1) Combat - That's fine.
2) Trade - Just count the profit from the movement of goods and split off the following;
a) Mining
b) Smuggling
c) Piracy
3) Explorations - Just count the profit from unexplored (i.e. systems where no-one has got to yet) systems and split off the following;
a) Passengers

For those of you thinking that might be a lot of work; the numbers for these ranks are already in the commander stats in the codex.

On exploration, I think it would be going too far to only count unexplored systems (i.e. wholly new discoveries) but should be restricted to scanning activity only rather than tourist passenger missions. Reason being that new players who are just finding their exploration wings by scanning and/or mapping things in and around the bubble deserve some rank increase for that.

On exploration, I think it would be going too far to only count unexplored systems (i.e. wholly new discoveries) but should be restricted to scanning activity only rather than tourist passenger missions. Reason being that new players who are just finding their exploration wings by scanning and/or mapping things in and around the bubble deserve some rank increase for that.

Maybe, reduce the amount you get from scanning existing by a huge amount. However, you counter that by upping the first scan bonus of a planet by a massive amount.

Remember I'm using the Terry Pratchett Troll counting scale

One, Two, Many, Lots, huge, massive. :p

Top Bottom