Back from popular BAN! "Reverand's Rant"

Well, I've been chastised, and served my time in the penalty box! No complaining. However the Thread title may be a bit mislabeled, but I missed it, so there it is. I have 2 points to make, or more 2 suggestions to make; rather than RANTING. Both are actually just different approaches for the same idea.

1: A Material Market. But how can we incorporate this, without voiding our beloved Material Traders? The first of my ideas is quite complex, rather than controversial (Apologies ahead of time for the second idea to come). How about a permit locked system, unlocked by something weird. Triple Elite? Maybe, but that's the easy way out. How about a system that is only unlocked, or reached, by some phenomenal Jump Range (300+) and located an off-putting distance from the Bubble (Lemon Slice nebula, for example). Another possibility is "the untold wealth and power" mentioned in other game lore (shh... I know you have been searching for content regarding this). Or... even possibly... Explorer's Anchorage!!!
2: The second idea will probably get me banned for enflaming the community as a whole, but it is also a good idea. ARX BOXES! Let's let the rage pipe down a bit and discuss how this can NOT be evil. Frontier already gives us 400 free ARX a week. Why not sell Material Packs (preferably itemized, and not randomly generated) for 100, 200, 300, and 400 ARX per pack. 100 ARX pack would contain Grade1 & 2 materials from a single material type (encoded, manufactured, OR Raw) in a meager amount per material (possibly 5-10 of EACH material). 200 ARX packs could contain Grade 3 & 4 (Raw grade 3 only) materials of a given material type (5-10 encoded, 5-10 raw, OR 5-10 manufactured; of the entire column). 300 ARX could be a mixture of the first two pack (with some moderate 5% bonus). Then Finally 400 ARX pack would contain 10 Grade 5 materials of PLAYER CHOICE (only a single material).

I would like to see a bit of discussion from the community, besides "TL;DR", before submitting this as an ACTUAL SUGGESTION. So, What do you guys and gals think?

Useful additions:
3:

Last edited:
Ban him again !!!! :p

1. Seriously though, material market - hell yes. I've always failed to understand why I can't just buy this stuff with my billions of credits rather than having to go through repetitive, horrible, grindy gameplay to get it.
2. Nah. Look, personally speaking, I could give a toss if someone pays actual money to get stuff in this game you'd normally get by playing the game - it doesn't affect my game one iota. But by the same token, I understand the reasoning of why a large majority of people on here are against it. So on balance, no.

Maybe a marketplace for engineered items that people have too many or no longer in use, like weapons, hull/armour reinforcements for credits, ARX or material boxes. Some people like to do a lot of mining/combat but dread searching for materials and a marketplace would help exchange between players.
I like this, however a player market would have to be restricted to only item that a player receiving an engineered item would have to be able to engineer it themselves (ie: have the appropriate engineers unlocked).

Have you ever noticed that, on internet forums, most people will just post in any thread on any subject that they're interested in?

Conversely, there are always one or two members who mostly just start threads of their own and are rarely seen in any other threads.

Just sayin'....

Last edited:
Maybe a marketplace for engineered items that people have too many or no longer in use, like weapons, hull/armour reinforcements for credits, ARX or material boxes. Some people like to do a lot of mining/combat but dread searching for materials and a marketplace would help exchange between players.
Sounds unlikely considering that is how you create a 3rd party black market with the Chinese gold farmers and all.

Aww... you
Have you ever noticed that, on internet forums, most people will just post in any thread on any subject that they're interested in?

Conversely, there are always one or two members who mostly just start threads of their own and are rearely seen in any other threads.

Just sayin'....
... u noticed... how sweet

Sounds unlikely considering that is how you create a 3rd party black market with the Chinese gold farmers and all.
Well, re-logging in game is already a horrible farming. Tbh, I would prefer if the modules/weapons you already researched would become a blueprint instead of scavenging for materials to upgrade another module but at least getting rid of modules I no longer use and get some of the effort back as something else would be helpful.

Well, re-logging in game is already a horrible farming. Tbh, I would prefer if the modules/weapons you already researched would become a blueprint instead of scavenging for materials to upgrade another module but at least getting rid of modules I no longer use and get some of the effort back as something else would be helpful.
sounds like EVE Online...

PS4 players don't have "Windows" to easily tab through... Our PCs are often in different rooms of our homes... and subsequently, some of us ACTUALLY PLAY the game … unlike others I know of in the forums^^^
Uhmm, OK. That's technically just a bunch of random words that have no bearing on what was in Stealthie''s post...or my response lol

But whatever floats your boat I guess..

My turn...

Boomshakalakka, bud bud ding ding spaceship....

Should be clear enough :)

o7

are they? never played it... lol
I would like to say that you should. Objectively it is one of the greatest games ever made, but being in a good conscious and fully adequate I would not subject any human being to that pool of toxicity that is in the size of the Olympic pool, as if it was also simultaneously on fire. Not even to a person that makes slightly dodgy forum posts.
And some of the key features that game has, that make it one of the best. And one of the most vile online environments. Paradox.

Top Bottom