What other games are we all playing?

Holy Cow! Duck is this you?

I was reviewing the dev's live stream of the Frostbite DLC when this person's name popped up in the chat window.....
The base game has been on my steam account for quite a while so I downloaded it the other day. Seems ok, do the DLC prior to Frostbite made a big difference to performance and looks?

The base game has been on my steam account for quite a while so I downloaded it the other day. Seems ok, do the DLC prior to Frostbite made a big difference to performance and looks?

YES.

They're 100% mandatory and especially the Economic Update DLC which features you can assess for yourself here:

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz9JdUfmQO4

Here's a quick review of the Decor Pack 2 DLC

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZIfs4Xyjck

Here's the Style Pack

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghvcLsG3cHE

Also don't forget to check out the rapidly growing number of ship mods and other QoL player based content for free (like eat/sleep/drink HuDs for light survival etc) on Steam Workshop. While you're at it, grab the amazing Asp X that was so well designed below. I LOVE the ability to finally experience a complete walkthrough my ship's interior. Be able to sit, lie down/sleep, eat and use the space restroom while flying it :love:

Virtual tour:
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT09l_P9ecw

Asp X hangar blueprint at Steam Workshop. Note you'll need several specific modules when you go about constructing it.

And if you're into a light Survival/realism game play, check out this mod

Finally, if you happen to be a casual or hardcore fan boy of ED's nemesis aka that-other-game-that-will-not-be-mentioned-here: then know you would be bat sh*te crazy to complain about the ridiculous "cost" of these DLCs in support of the Keen dev. :LOL:

Especially if purchased on Steam at discounts as high as 50% off. Which is what I bought all 4 of the prior DLC at Christmas last year.

But seriously, don't wait to install the Economy update pack. This DLC is an absolute must have since it adds the long fan base requested player economy (and NPC to player) economies if you want to play solo and/or trade/interact with NPCs on public servers. And a couple of extremely important game play features/mechanics as well.

Last edited:
Name and icon match, so it’s probably him. Unfortunately, he’s taking a break from this forum at the moment.

Personally, I’m enjoying the new options the Frostbite DLC has added to the game. I only tried the vanilla “hanger doors” once, but even if I haven’t actually built them yet in my current game, I think the new gates make a much better alternative for my small craft hanger, and the new half slab doors make for a better airlock.
I expected him to look older. And more...duck like, I guess.

YES.

They're 100% mandatory and especially the Economic Update DLC which features you can assess for yourself here:

Here's the Style Pack

Also don't forget to check out the rapidly growing number of ship mods and other QoL player based content for free (like eat/sleep/drink HuDs for light survival etc) on Steam Workshop. While you're at it, grab the amazing Asp X that was so well designed below. I LOVE the ability to finally experience a complete walkthrough my ship's interior. Be able to sit, lie down/sleep, eat and use the space restroom while flying it :love:

Virtual tour:

Asp X hangar blueprint at Steam Workshop. Note you'll need several specific modules when you go about constructing it.

Finally, if you happen to be a casual or hardcore fan boy of ED's nemesis aka that-other-game-that-will-not-be-mentioned-here: then know you would be bat sh*te crazy to complain about the ridiculous "cost" of these DLCs in support of the Keen dev. :LOL:

Especially if purchased on Steam at discounts as high as 50% off. Which is what I bought all 4 of the prior DLC at Christmas last year.

But seriously, don't wait to install the Economy update pack. This DLC is an absolute must have since it adds the long fan base requested player economy (and NPC to player) economies if you want to play solo and/or trade/interact with NPCs on public servers. And a couple of extremely important game play features/mechanics as well.

You're seriously tempting me to give it another go... The stuff you guys post on the other SE thread is fantastic, and it's great to see how the game found a rhythm after being half in limbo for so long. Something in the motion and FOV sadly triggers my migraines in a less than an hour session, or at least that was the case until the planetary update. Maybe some of the movement has been smoothed out...

YES.

Here's the Style Pack

Virtual tour:

You win. Added to wishlist.

Half Life: Alyx! 🤯 Bought and played it last night, and it's amazing. Nerve wracking! Smooth. Intuitive. Breathtaking.
Anyone who plays this with no prior HL knowledge is going to require spare underpants. Can't wait to get back in a short while, and I recommend it highly!
(Rift/1070i/i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz/16Gb Ram playing on medium without problems... yeah, right, Core i7 2600K 😝)

Found a number of boardgames on Steam and GOG. Found one title called Tabletop Simulator, that allows you to build your own games. Bringing this up with the guys.

Still flying in Prepar3d, this time taking QualityWings 787 for a spin over the Florida:

6fubzYg.jpg

Last edited:
Half Life: Alyx! 🤯 Bought and played it last night, and it's amazing. Nerve wracking! Smooth. Intuitive. Breathtaking.
Anyone who plays this with no prior HL knowledge is going to require spare underpants. Can't wait to get back in a short while, and I recommend it highly!
(Rift/1070i/i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz/16Gb Ram playing on medium without problems... yeah, right, Core i7 2600K 😝)
I SO want to play it, but I have the Steam VR kit on order with Alyx as a bonus so I don't want to buy it, now. I just have to wait out the HMD backlog, which could take months. :(

Calling all SimCity, Civ and all metropolis world builders: The Sunset Harbor DLC for Cities Skylines has finally been released on Steam for $15 USD. :geek:

Will be alternating between this, SE and RDR2 now that I've got some time off today.

Calling all SimCity, Civ and all metropolis world builders: The Sunset Harbor DLC for Cities Skylines has finally been released on Steam for $15 USD. :geek:

Will be alternating between this, SE and RDR2 now that I've got some time off today.
Since December and my new PS4, I have been alternating between RDR2 and Project cars, Elite has not been getting a look in. I am getting close to getting the old 2+2 Mustang around the Ring in under 9 minutes and when I do that, I might try doing it, within the track limits.

Still downloading Dirt Rally 2.0 since the GOTY edition was only 20 bucks...all 4 seasons, cars, DLC etc. 106GB....that kinda download requires many teams of trained hamsters to drive my 14MBps down 8MBps up connection to t'interweb....I may be some time :oops:

Fortunately, I've got plenty of SSD space in which to park it...

Last edited:
Since December and my new PS4, I have been alternating between RDR2 and Project cars, Elite has not been getting a look in. I am getting close to getting the old 2+2 Mustang around the Ring in under 9 minutes and when I do that, I might try doing it, within the track limits.
Are you into racing games then? If so might want to check out Forza Horizon 4. I'm not a racing fan mostly because of toxic player cheating. And fact scenario is rarely dynamic or intersting to sight see as you go warping by. Which explains my fascination with ETS which I'll eventually get around to playing. And fact I'm allergic to any type of racing game play in my games, especially if they're RP oriented/friendly. Goodness. It took me this long to self analyze why I was so adverse to the racing feature in games the likes of GTAO. I've avoided enagaing in them like the plague. Unlike ETS, Farming Sim 19, SE, Skyrim, RDR2 etc etc the ever dynamic situation of a racing sim precludes any practical ability to go afk and exercise the prerogative to use TP :LOL:

That being said, Forza remains the one racing sim on the market to date which still tempts me due to it's graphical realism. And the rewards like homes, clothing, character customization are really great as well. But my fear of cheating players and home rewards not being Sims 3 interactable are a deal breaker.

Are you into racing games then? If so might want to check out Forza Horizon 4. I'm not a racing fan mostly because of toxic player cheating. And fact scenario is rarely dynamic or intersting to sight see as you go warping by. Which explains my fascination with ETS which I'll eventually get around to playing. And fact I'm allergic to any type of racing game play in my games, especially if they're RP oriented/friendly. Goodness. It took me this long to self analyze why I was so adverse to the racing feature in games the likes of GTAO. I've avoided enagaing in them like the plague. Unlike ETS, Farming Sim 19, SE, Skyrim, RDR2 etc etc the ever dynamic situation of a racing sim precludes any practical ability to go afk and exercise the prerogative to use TP :LOL:

That being said, Forza remains the one racing sim on the market to date which still tempts me due to it's graphical realism. And the rewards like homes, clothing, character customization are really great as well. But my fear of cheating players and home rewards not being Sims 3 interactable are a deal breaker.
A: I have never played my PS on-line. Not sure if I want to, too be honest.
B: I was into TOCA and then GRID, I am a bit miffed at the moment, as I just found out about GRID 2019. If I knew about it, I would have got that and not PC1.

I like the challenge of racing games. Take off all the assists and have fun, pushing the limits and seeing what I can do. I did some rally games on the PS2 and found them insane. At the time, I had a mad cats wheel, but had to go back to the controller, to play rallying games. I prefer the tarmac and one of the things I like about Project cars, is they also use gravity, as a factor, as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom