What other games are we all playing?

Steelbeasts has been reinstalled. SB2 and GHPC, my two current EA games are going on the back shelf for a while. SB2's big 4.0 update is out but having issues. GHPC is still fun but its got some minor issues with the last revisions. So, ED:H and SB Pro PE will be occupying my limited game time for a while. I haven't touched X4 in weeks (I feel guilty).
Yet another complication with gaming time is motorcycle watching time. I've been amazed at the frequency of public road motorcycle racing in the British Isles. I've been watching all the road racing I can and its mostly there (not here, the US sux big on this topic - what a shame). I found this map and it looks like a lot of fun:

have a nice day

(they said I could post motorcycle comments here)

Started Halo: The Master Chief collection playing all the Halo games in chronological order starting with Reach. I already own the collection...but it's available with remastered graphics etc for the earlier games for free on Gamepass if anyone fancied a 168Gb download.

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed all the Halo games (until Halo 4 at least) :)

A mate and I are enjoying the co-op campaigns in all of them...I can thank Helldivers 2 for reigniting the itch to play Halo again in the first place...

Last edited:
Mainly playing ED again for the moment, but also Wreckfest.

Haven't had so much fun with a driving game since the days of Demolition Derby on the Playstation.

The races are cool, but its the arenas where you can really get the wrecking on.

Steelbeasts has been reinstalled. SB2 and GHPC, my two current EA games are going on the back shelf for a while. SB2's big 4.0 update is out but having issues. GHPC is still fun but its got some minor issues with the last revisions. So, ED:H and SB Pro PE will be occupying my limited game time for a while. I haven't touched X4 in weeks (I feel guilty).
Yet another complication with gaming time is motorcycle watching time. I've been amazed at the frequency of public road motorcycle racing in the British Isles. I've been watching all the road racing I can and its mostly there (not here, the US sux big on this topic - what a shame). I found this map and it looks like a lot of fun:

have a nice day

(they said I could post motorcycle comments here)
Yup, the biggest of those being the TT in the Isle of Man and the Northwest 500 in Ireland. My first trip to the Isle of Man for the TT was back in 1964 on the back of my dad's Vincent HRD, I've been over a few times since then. Those 2 events...for bike racing fans or just bikers who love everything bike...are about as big as Sturgis is in the US for Harley owners. I made the epic trip to Sturgis once many moons ago just to experience it all as a Harley rider.

The 4 of us who went over packed our Harleys into a shipping container then we rode all the way to Sturgis in Meade County, South Dakota once we picked the bikes up at Boston, then all the way back from there to the east coast to pack the bikes up in the container for the trip home. It would have been cheaper (and easier) hiring a couple of Harleys once we got to the states of course...but there's nothing like the epic adventure of riding your own bike, camping out in the wilds, bathing in rivers and streams (with occasional stops at roadside motels for a hot shower) and feasting at 'All you can eat for $5' road stops in my mind :)

One thing that amazed me on that biking trip to the US was that no matter where in the wilderness we stopped, there was always a Harley workshop or 2 dozen friendly bikers living near there. The voltage rectifier on my Evo Harley Springer went claws up the middle of nowhere on the way back from Sturgis...I picked one up for $20 at a really friendly USMC veteran's house after being driven there by a State trooper (also a USMC veteran) who had stopped to ask if we had a problem...not to mention his total bemusement at discovering 4 Scottish soldiers riding Harleys with UK licence plates in the first place... Anyhoo, the Marine veteran picked up my Harley on a trailer, ferried it the few miles to his place and I fitted the new rectifier on his front drive as his wife fed us up with burritos and beer whilst we all told war stories...awesome trip. :)

sturgis2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like a great time.
I won't mention the 20 or so 'Ladies of Harley' who captured us at a roadside diner then wined, dined and entertained us royally at their club hangout in a small town near Madison, Wisconsin on our way back to Boston either. That's a whole other page of off topic material in itself :whistle:

All in all, a once in a lifetime 4,000 mile road trip (roughly 2k miles each way Boston to Sturgis and back) on a motorbike with some very good friends. That it was a true adventure from end to end should sum it up nicely :)

Last edited:
News from the Uboat. Type II is ready for deployment, we get overview about the different types of type II and VII - apparently there is even diffent Torpedovorhalterechner implemented. What a bunch of nerds. My body is ready - klar wie Kadettrinne, but first they do a 1 month beta. When? If only I knew, but I guess soon.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8A3qsSi_Yc

Does anybody remember this ? ^^

Steelbeasts, ED:H, GHPC, and now ... I see another MW5 video in another thread. I bought MW5 soon after it released but refunded it because it didn't give me more than I could get with MWO at the time. But the MW5 Clans version looks nice IF you like mech games.

One game that I invested in the same time I did EA for Elite Dangerous and Armored Warfare was Heavy Gear Assault. It had huge potential as a mech game but it never developed to the point where I played it much (janky, jerky, unstable). I see its available on Steam but I'd have to do some current research to see how it is today. What sets it apart from MW in one way is the Roller Blades you can deploy and skate along at high speeds. Heavy Gear was first out in the mid-90's; I think I still have the disks. It had some very nice mechs (Black Mamba was one of my favs).

GL HF

I have a confession.

After finishing a very long exploration trip all over the galaxy, I ended up in Colonia and bought a Fleet Carrier. I set off in it, all intent on using it for all sorts of shenanigans, even moving back to the Bubble and see what the fuzz about the Thargoid Invasion is all about.

Then Baldur's Gate 3 happened.

Some day, I will come back to Elite Dangerous. I promise. Meanwhile, I'm exploring this delightful fantasy multiverse.

:D S

20240331204528_1.jpg

Planet crafter looks like fun. I've been closely watching the Starship Simulator game and it looks very interesting. The demo has been out for a long time and this weekend I think I'll take the plunge. The forums for SS are busy.
For now, ED:H is taking up most of my game time. Some Steelbeasts ... some GHPC, some X4, some work, some honeydos
pls forgive, I found this vid so interesting ... and enticing
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6dtwh7WoRQ

Have a nice day
Edit: oops, disclaimer: its not a game so sorry

Mainly Cyberpunk lately, due in part to a recent huge pc upgrade (I went 'full send' on some very tasty hardware), working my way through on a fresh playthrough and my first 'go' at Phantom Liberty, it's a gorgeous game and even better with everything absolutely maxed out, also dipping into the X4 7.0 Beta as it's just so good and really scratches that particular sci-fi itch. :)

I started a new playthrough in Starfield and transitioned to the Rimworld when I found out about its latest DLC. Basically it's Horrors from the Void from the looks of it. You get a black monolith and of course you're gonna investigate aren't you?
Shame it always breaks my favourite mods, but it looks like the community has put up a stopgap solution (Deep Storage - nested containers).

After watching the TV series, which I must admit, they did a very good job of...I just had to reinstall Fallout 3 and 4...New Vegas as well.

Now it's just remembering which mods I had installed then reinstalling all of them from the Nexus...not to mention all the faffing about with FSE...that'll be fun after a few years of not doing it :rolleyes:

Seemingly, Bethesda are doing a remaster of Fallout 4 for all platforms (PC/PS5/Xbox) on the back of the success of the TV series...mainly since PlayStation never did allow modding unlike on Xbox or PC.

As usual though, I suspect that Bethesda's idea of a remaster will be a zero effort stealing of all the 4k texture mods someone else from the modding community already put all the work into :)

eC0VOh3.jpg

3y0EThG.jpg

V5WvqiP.jpg

Last edited:
After watching the TV series, which I must admit, they did a very good job of...I just had to reinstall Fallout 3 and 4...New Vegas as well.

Now it's just remembering which mods I had installed then reinstalling all of them from the Nexus...not to mention all the faffing about with FSE...that'll be fun after a few years of not doing it :rolleyes:

Seemingly, Bethesda are doing a remaster of Fallout 4 for all platforms (PC/PS5/Xbox) on the back of the success of the TV series...mainly since PlayStation never did allow modding unlike on Xbox or PC.

As usual though, I suspect that Bethesda's idea of a remaster will be a zero effort stealing of all the 4k texture mods someone else from the modding community already put all the work into :)

Looks like it’s not just the usual AI upscale + resolution fix type of deal - there is new story content and equipment linked to the TV series included: https://bethesda.net/en/article/4s2bXQEbpcrsdCZhUYLHAi/fallout-4-is-getting-free-updates

I’ve just bought the FO4 GOTY edition so I can transfer the DLC into the VR game, and then I’ll also be jumping down the modding hole again 😅 When I last played you were nowt but a pair of floating hands but now there’s full inverse-kinematic arms & body with functional wrist Pip-boy, bullet-time shooting instead of VATs (which wasn’t great in VR), and lots of other stuff.

One downside of the new update is that it’s delaying the Fallout London mod that was due out at the end of this month - it’s a fan made full-game sized mod that looks tip top. Hopefully they can get compatibility sorted out without too much trouble.

Edit: after a lot of file fiddling and only a little bit of head-scratching, I've got two dozen mods installed and working, plus all the flatgame DLC working with VR :D Here's a low quality video (it's the Quest 3 native capture and I still haven't bumped up the settings yet!) but it gives a quick glimpse at a few of the mods (FRIK, Kabuto VR, Visible Galaxy 4K, Interiors Enhanced, Fr4nsson's Light Tweaks, Darker Nights, Pipboy VR Light, Phylight):

Source: https://youtu.be/N4cnfyJpm5k

Last edited:
Top Bottom