Open Gun-ports = open for pvp : Pilots federations rule of the duel

Which is being used as argument against PvE supporters.

I'm not standing against so called PvE supporters. This isn't a PvE vs. PvP debate. Full stop.

Showing the BGS is adversarial is fundamentally proving the Elite: Dangerous universe itself is adversarial. That should inform what you do and how you think about the gameworld, regardless of what arbitrary playstyle categorization you may approach.

I'm not standing against so called PvE supporters. This isn't a PvE vs. PvP debate. Full stop.

Showing the BGS is adversarial is fundamentally proving the Elite: Dangerous universe itself is adversarial. That should inform what you do and how you think about the gameworld, regardless of what arbitrary playstyle categorization you may approach.
A SP game is adverserial, too. It's just in a complete different sense than MP PvP.

This, believe it or not is PvP - just chess played by post.

3f0aec6ef6baf305cee42541fb05798d.jpg

This is what the BGS is, with moves collated each tick playing against each other.
Nope. That is 1v1 turn-based combat. Completely different to what ED is.

Stowing in your weapons, flying under a banner of truce? Who would conceive of such a real-world scenario which has been used for millennia, still be used for millennia to come?

You must be familiar with romanticized King-Arthur history. Real world history, its not so nice.

Laws, rules, and conventions throughout history function for abiding cosignatories. Not for pirates, criminals, revolutionaries, despots, racially charged, fanatically religiously driven, and otherwise non-abiding parties.

Elite Dangerous clearly exists in a "non-abiding" universe as set-up by FDev. Hence we have NPC pirates, thargoids, and overall game structure that allows player conflict. Its part of the game design. Heck, there is even an empire-wide slave trade. If you want to play in a romanticised happy-happy friendly universe try a different game.

Great. I don't care about that.

Step back from the trees and see the forest. That's what I'm saying.

We're all CMDRs blazing our trail through a simulated future version of our galaxy and society. What happens when those trails cross is the game.
They don't. What some dude did yesterday in a system next door what spawn this mission in your today's portfolio of missions is just as good as a random number algo delivering content. It's just far cheaper to not code that and instead take what "the dude did in that system you never been in" and use that as primer for the dynamic sim.

Again I don't get why people would be upset IF some responsible pilots adopted a code of conduct, it doesn't mean to say you have to.

And again people assume that the OP, (me) is against PvP.
which if you read my posts, I'm am not.
I just prefer to limit the pain inflicted by people griefing under the excuse that it's PvP.
proper usually PvP players ask anyway.
I'm just extending the courtesy to non-combative pilots.
So we can separate out the Griefers and Gankers from the PvPers.

Being square, (gunpoint shut on the radar).
As an indication of "lets chat"
or if they pull in the gun-ports and submit but you can do as you want,

I'm not telling anyone to do anything, other than, it might be a nice thing to do.

We're all CMDRs blazing our trail through a simulated future version of our galaxy and society. What happens when those trails cross is the game.

They don't.

Focus on what people are saying in their post. Commander's trail DO cross regularly. Don't be modifying people statements by putting your own constraining conditions on their statements. What Phisto said was correct. Period.

And as I said, focus on the thread at hand. Not some side-tracked topic on how BGS works.

Again I don't get why people would be upset IF some responsible pilots adopted a code of conduct, it doesn't mean to say you have to.

You are free to adopt any code of conduct you wish. And your friends too. Create your own group, thats cool. Just don't expect a significant portion of the player base to follow the "Code Of Boffin".

They don't. What some dude did yesterday in a system next door what spawn this mission in your today's portfolio of missions is just as good as a random number algo delivering content. It's just far cheaper to not code that and instead take what "the dude did in that system you never been in" and use that as primer for the dynamic sim.

Ask the Colonia Expansion Initiative if Loren's Reapers crossed their path or not.

My objection is it doesn't make them responsible. It makes them naive, at best. At worst they're setting themselves up as arbiters of appropriate play.

That right there gets my revolutionary juices cranking. ;)

Its move, think, countermove. Everyone has the time to think and undertake activities during the tick. Admittedly the 3.X and latest states erode that slightly, but its still roughly the same.
Tell me what would I care to countermove when I visit your chosen system while looking for a transport mission. I just pick what I like. Maybe I pick the mission with the prettiest face. Maybe the mission offered by a Fed faction. Or the one that pays most. You simple don't know what I'll do and I don't care what you're trying to achieve. Because neither of us cares about each other.

And again people assume that the OP, (me) is against PvP.
which if you read my posts, I'm am not.
I just prefer to limit the pain inflicted by people griefing under the excuse that it's PvP.
proper usually PvP players ask anyway.
I'm just extending the courtesy to non-combative pilots.
So we can separate out the Griefers and Gankers from the PvPers.

Being square, (gunpoint shut on the radar).
As an indication of "lets chat"
or if they pull in the gun-ports and submit but you can do as you want,

I'm not telling anyone to do anything, other than, it might be a nice thing to do.
Upset? I do't think anyone is upset or would be upset, it is just not gonna work.
I can't speak for anyone else, but what happens in our home system, when a stranger is spotted, squad mates ask each other whether 'we' know 'this' guy or not. If he has an exploration ship and isn't seen before, he is normally left to whatever he is doing. If not, that he is being asked what his intentions are. This often ends in a friendly conversation where after each goes his own way. If no one communicates, people will get a (still) friendly warning what 'our' intentions are. After that its up to the concerning pilot to deal with that.

Advocating to power down after an interdiction without comms is just bonkers. You either high wake, or you charge with open gun ports. If people use comms before or while being interdicted, well, communicate. If people don't want to be bothered at all, pick CG or Solo.

You can prove a lot through selective quoting and convenient misunderstanding.

Take my words out of context all you like, I'm done here.
You can prove a lot through selective quoting and convenient misunderstanding.

Take my words out of context all you like, I'm done here.
I quoted the relevant part of your post, and I didn't take it was in context.

Do you you contest that you are against people attacking without consent, because that's what I've read from you in countless posts, the one quoted being the very first post in this topic (I didn't bother looking at your subsequent posts again).
Are you against people dictating what you do with your time?

The logical extension of being against others dictating what you do is to also not dictate what they do. Otherwise you are by definition a hypocrite. Which is fine, some people (many) are. I'm sure I am in some aspects, but I try to avoid it where I notice or get it pointed out to me.

Top Bottom