JWE 2

BestInSlot has a new vid.

Source: https://youtu.be/18JLnqIQ6r8

It's interesting as if they are going to continue support for JWE. What does that exactly mean? Will it be for patches, AI improvements, skins, or what else could or should it be? With everything going on, will there be any news of what might be coming in the future for JWE or possible JWE 2? Given that it will be delayed like those that were canceled for E3 and production of JW3. What could be coming up?

BestInSlot has a new vid.

Source: https://youtu.be/18JLnqIQ6r8

It's interesting as if they are going to continue support for JWE. What does that exactly mean? Will it be for patches, AI improvements, skins, or what else could or should it be? With everything going on, will there be any news of what might be coming in the future for JWE or possible JWE 2? Given that it will be delayed like those that were canceled for E3 and production of JW3. What could be coming up?
There is no inherent rule as to how often content for their games come up, despite how it may seem for Jurassic World Evolution in the past. That's all I have to say about that. You can find out how often their past DLCs come up in their four active developed games by looking through their history via their SteamDB pages.

Last edited:
With all that is presently going on. What do you guys think the delay might be for JW3? What kind of effect might be for JWE and the possible JWE2? Hope everyone is doing well.

I think support will continue with the game. 2020 is a big year for Universal Studios as it would be the potential launch of their netflix series "Jurassic World: Camp cretaceous". And oftentimes, anything major within the franchise would be implemented to their video games such as JW:TG, JWA, and JWE with recent examples of the fallen kingdom pack and nasutoceratops patch. Seeing as this is a major netflix series, they may include content from Camp Cretaceous into JWE. That way people who play JWE would watch the netflix series, and those who watch the netflix series may want to play JWE.

I will say that 2020 may be more focused on patches than on DLC. Fans would speculate what potential DLC will come to the game based on steam's database, and last year had a lot of speculation and hype for certain DLC as JWE was very much lacking in terms of gameplay options, mechanics, propper sandbox, and terrain tools.

I think the start of 2020 is quiet like last year as it will be the time when the Devs came back from holiday and are planning the year in terms of implementations and dlc. We only ever got our first major dlc in April when the carnivore pack came out alongside the patch that introduces capture mode, but seeing as we do not have a steamdb dlc to go by, it is more likely we would get a patch soon. I do recall us having a developer schedule of sorts last year to keep the fans engaged and teasing us to future content. Seeing as we do not have anything like that now would be the result of the Corona pandemic, and that we may just get updates with minor DLC later down this year.

I think support will continue with the game. 2020 is a big year for Universal Studios as it would be the potential launch of their netflix series "Jurassic World: Camp cretaceous". And oftentimes, anything major within the franchise would be implemented to their video games such as JW:TG, JWA, and JWE with recent examples of the fallen kingdom pack and nasutoceratops patch. Seeing as this is a major netflix series, they may include content from Camp Cretaceous into JWE. That way people who play JWE would watch the netflix series, and those who watch the netflix series may want to play JWE.

I will say that 2020 may be more focused on patches than on DLC. Fans would speculate what potential DLC will come to the game based on steam's database, and last year had a lot of speculation and hype for certain DLC as JWE was very much lacking in terms of gameplay options, mechanics, propper sandbox, and terrain tools.

I think the start of 2020 is quiet like last year as it will be the time when the Devs came back from holiday and are planning the year in terms of implementations and dlc. We only ever got our first major dlc in April when the carnivore pack came out alongside the patch that introduces capture mode, but seeing as we do not have a steamdb dlc to go by, it is more likely we would get a patch soon. I do recall us having a developer schedule of sorts last year to keep the fans engaged and teasing us to future content. Seeing as we do not have anything like that now would be the result of the Corona pandemic, and that we may just get updates with minor DLC later down this year.

I'm aware that a lot of people have been asking for Jurassic and Triassic dinosaur packs to complement the Cretaceous one from 2018. I also think an expansion involving Owen Grady and a Jurassic World-themed DLC to at least introduce the Dimorphodon and Mosasaurus is not out of the realm of possibility in 2020. An update with dinosaurs and creatures from Camp Cretaceous might be possible, but as we still have little information on that series and because it's animated, I find it slightly less likely. Not saying they would outright ignore it, but I don't see them taking it seriously for content. This Jurassic World live action series in development might be a possibility for future extraction of content, as will any new creatures from Jurassic World Dominion, but I think after an update to add the new creatures from Dominion in 2021, that will be pretty much it. That's when they'll leave it for dead, as much as I know that would upset people.

I'd also like to point out there are people that have been desperately searching for any news, especially since Planet Zoo received a new update and DLC on the 7th of this month. This obsession, in my opinion, is not healthy. And the dev team is certainly not saying anything. The last person who asked a question as to what's going on with the game got a dismissive "there's still a team working on JWE" and that was it. No solid answer, nothing. Just a dismissive response that only served to dishearten the player base. Personally, I don't agree with how they handle community interaction. They won't release any roadmaps or announcements of possible future developments and they've ignored a lot of legitimate suggestions for improvements. In fact, this lack of communication is probably what prompted the great 4chan leaks of 2019, because people were fed up with the game and someone who was a dedicated fan got someone on the dev team to talk so that this fan could give the community hope. I recently read a thread where a guy was politely suggesting a way to introduce creature breeding into the game. Not only did a lot of people back him up on the suggestion, the thread received a lot of support and additional suggestions, but was promptly shut down after a while by one of the devs with a long-winded excuse as to why they can't or won't do it. And no, I don't think that's a hint that they might be working on it. I think that's just ignoring a legitimate suggestion of how to improve the gameplay. I would not be surprised if an announcement was soon to come that the game is no longer being worked on except for technical patches. It feels like they've just given up on it, as if Return to Jurassic Park was the last great dying gasp before the crescendo ending. And I hate saying that given how good RTJP was and what it has given us, but that's what it feels like right now.

A quick note on what I think of a sequel. I think it could be both good and bad. It's good because there's a lot of possibilities that could come with it. It's bad because they'd be charging for another full-priced game that would feel like a mere upgrade in comparison with its predecessor. Besides, a sequel is still a vicious rumor. There's no evidence of it's existence beyond the 4chan leaks and a leak is obviously dubious until proven true, so...yeah.

A long post, I know. I'll probably get some flack for criticizing the devs and saying some people have become obsessed chasing that next DLC or update, but that's how I see it. I think we all need a break from this game. It's become too much a source of controversy and hateful arguments, and that's not what the JP fan base should be about. There's plenty of better things Jurassic Park out there. You just need to look for them.

With all that is presently going on. What do you guys think the delay might be for JW3? What kind of effect might be for JWE and the possible JWE2? Hope everyone is doing well.

My guess is the film might be delayed a couple months, but not much beyond. I cannot imagine them postponing it much longer. Then again, it may get back on schedule just fine, even with the current situation we find ourselves in. Until they announce an actual delay though, I would make the assumption that June 11th, 2021 will still be the theatrical release of the film.

I'm aware that a lot of people have been asking for Jurassic and Triassic dinosaur packs to complement the Cretaceous one from 2018. I also think an expansion involving Owen Grady and a Jurassic World-themed DLC to at least introduce the Dimorphodon and Mosasaurus is not out of the realm of possibility in 2020. An update with dinosaurs and creatures from Camp Cretaceous might be possible, but as we still have little information on that series and because it's animated, I find it slightly less likely. Not saying they would outright ignore it, but I don't see them taking it seriously for content. This Jurassic World live action series in development might be a possibility for future extraction of content, as will any new creatures from Jurassic World Dominion, but I think after an update to add the new creatures from Dominion in 2021, that will be pretty much it. That's when they'll leave it for dead, as much as I know that would upset people.

I'd also like to point out there are people that have been desperately searching for any news, especially since Planet Zoo received a new update and DLC on the 7th of this month. This obsession, in my opinion, is not healthy. And the dev team is certainly not saying anything. The last person who asked a question as to what's going on with the game got a dismissive "there's still a team working on JWE" and that was it. No solid answer, nothing. Just a dismissive response that only served to dishearten the player base. Personally, I don't agree with how they handle community interaction. They won't release any roadmaps or announcements of possible future developments and they've ignored a lot of legitimate suggestions for improvements. In fact, this lack of communication is probably what prompted the great 4chan leaks of 2019, because people were fed up with the game and someone who was a dedicated fan got someone on the dev team to talk so that this fan could give the community hope. I recently read a thread where a guy was politely suggesting a way to introduce creature breeding into the game. Not only did a lot of people back him up on the suggestion, the thread received a lot of support and additional suggestions, but was promptly shut down after a while by one of the devs with a long-winded excuse as to why they can't or won't do it. And no, I don't think that's a hint that they might be working on it. I think that's just ignoring a legitimate suggestion of how to improve the gameplay. I would not be surprised if an announcement was soon to come that the game is no longer being worked on except for technical patches. It feels like they've just given up on it, as if Return to Jurassic Park was the last great dying gasp before the crescendo ending. And I hate saying that given how good RTJP was and what it has given us, but that's what it feels like right now.

A quick note on what I think of a sequel. I think it could be both good and bad. It's good because there's a lot of possibilities that could come with it. It's bad because they'd be charging for another full-priced game that would feel like a mere upgrade in comparison with its predecessor. Besides, a sequel is still a vicious rumor. There's no evidence of it's existence beyond the 4chan leaks and a leak is obviously dubious until proven true, so...yeah.

A long post, I know. I'll probably get some flack for criticizing the devs and saying some people have become obsessed chasing that next DLC or update, but that's how I see it. I think we all need a break from this game. It's become too much a source of controversy and hateful arguments, and that's not what the JP fan base should be about. There's plenty of better things Jurassic Park out there. You just need to look for them.

Who else here is angered about the virus? It is slowing everything down, even the development of this game.

Who else here is angered about the virus? It is slowing everything down, even the development of this game.

I mean, I am, but that's not the main problem. Since Frontier are doing a work-from-home policy, it probably isn't slowing things down that much. Planet Zoo's most recent update and DLC is proof enough of that. What ticks me off is that the JWE team are so lacking in proper communication with their community and refuse to give updates on anything, that it often incites a large of portion of the player base to frustration and anger. Hence why I said that the great 4chan leaks of 2019 were a damaging result of that lack of communication. It's a crippling problem that has plagued this game since day 1. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they insist on this game of "clever secrecy" that's really quite stupid. There are dev teams in bigger companies than them that wouldn't resort to such dubious tactics. I can think of a couple examples right off of better communication with the player base than what JWE's team does. Capcom for Monster Hunter World has released roadmaps of what's to come and they practically hit their deadlines every single time. Even Studio Wildcard, the devs behind Ark Survival Evolved, who almost never hit initial deadlines on time, at least provide an idea of what's coming down the pipeline when it's finished. The JWE team at Frontier does none of that. They don't even try. Even if they missed a deadline or two, at least giving news of what's coming would help keep the community engaged. Their livestreams are boring and uneventful (not that they even really do JWE livestreams much anymore) and a lot of other community things they do are not engaging or fun. And contrary to their belief, most people wouldn't mind if things occasionally had to be delayed or developed for a bit longer as long as we got some news. This whole "none-of-your-business" policy of theirs when it comes to news regarding the game is a misguided way of going about things and all it does is upset people and make them look like the bad guys. It also comes off as dismissive and rude, especially when you consider most people have invested dozens to hundreds of hours into this game such as myself (almost 600 and counting). It's no wonder almost they're entire JWE roadmap for 2019 was leaked. When you frustrate and anger the fans, they're going to seek answers, whether you want them to know or not. They should have learned something from 2019. Let's hope it finally sinks in that they need a change of strategy.

Apologies for the rant, but at this stage, it feels like this game has become so controversial and so much a source of hateful arguments and bitter insults, that I feel it might be best for some to distance themselves from the game. Chasing whatever that next DLC or update might be is not healthy and it's obsessive.

I mean, I am, but that's not the main problem. Since Frontier are doing a work-from-home policy, it probably isn't slowing things down that much. Planet Zoo's most recent update and DLC is proof enough of that. What ticks me off is that the JWE team are so lacking in proper communication with their community and refuse to give updates on anything, that it often incites a large of portion of the player base to frustration and anger. Hence why I said that the great 4chan leaks of 2019 were a damaging result of that lack of communication. It's a crippling problem that has plagued this game since day 1. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they insist on this game of "clever secrecy" that's really quite stupid. There are dev teams in bigger companies than them that wouldn't resort to such dubious tactics. I can think of a couple examples right off of better communication with the player base than what JWE's team does. Capcom for Monster Hunter World has released roadmaps of what's to come and they practically hit their deadlines every single time. Even Studio Wildcard, the devs behind Ark Survival Evolved, who almost never hit initial deadlines on time, at least provide an idea of what's coming down the pipeline when it's finished. The JWE team at Frontier does none of that. They don't even try. Even if they missed a deadline or two, at least giving news of what's coming would help keep the community engaged. Their livestreams are boring and uneventful (not that they even really do JWE livestreams much anymore) and a lot of other community things they do are not engaging or fun. And contrary to their belief, most people wouldn't mind if things occasionally had to be delayed or developed for a bit longer as long as we got some news. This whole "none-of-your-business" policy of theirs when it comes to news regarding the game is a misguided way of going about things and all it does is upset people and make them look like the bad guys. It also comes off as dismissive and rude, especially when you consider most people have invested dozens to hundreds of hours into this game such as myself (almost 600 and counting). It's no wonder almost they're entire JWE roadmap for 2019 was leaked. When you frustrate and anger the fans, they're going to seek answers, whether you want them to know or not. They should have learned something from 2019. Let's hope it finally sinks in that they need a change of strategy.

Apologies for the rant, but at this stage, it feels like this game has become so controversial and so much a source of hateful arguments and bitter insults, that I feel it might be best for some to distance themselves from the game. Chasing whatever that next DLC or update might be is not healthy and it's obsessive.
Public developer companies are never "transparent" with post-nurturing stuff until they are 100% confident what they will release will be a finished thing, and there are other deeper reasons for this such as, but not limited to, ensuring sales to become successful. Maybe not for free updates, but certainly for newly releasing titles and specific kinds of PDLCs (depending on how much is shared publicly). This is a strategy for making surprises of any kind for the general public as well.

The mentioned companies you said that do have that kind of "transparency" for different reasons. Monster Hunter World is an online multiplayer game that relies on a big active playing and engaging community. Ark: Survival Evolved is another one of those types. Not to mention, Ark was an early access game, and titles in their early access stages rely or can take advantage on further engagement with players of any kind to help development of their growths before full release. Two other games that I know of in the Subnautica series have done just that (one of which is still in early access at the time of this post), just like Studio Wildcard's Ark: Survival Evolved.

Frontier Developments's Elite Dangerous, one of their four active games, has a similar level of "transparency" as Monster Hunter World because it's an online multiplayer type game that relies on an active playing and engaging community to a great extent such as roadmaps once they know they are sure the stuff they are planning to add (stuff that they say vocally" will be true. Their other three active games: Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo, and yes, Jurassic World Evolution are not online multiplayer or former early access title games that need a similar type of player engagement. This is even something they already partial confirmed what I shared on the Xbox subreddit for this game before launch.

You're just seeing too much of the negative side of this said community based on a vocal but low number of the kind you're complaing about. Most of what you probably saw were just fun little speculations or just personal wants that don't go too far. Even I made posts that were just mere speculations, even if I must admit I get a little too, but necessarily, cautious with some of them.

Last edited:
Public developer companies are never "transparent" with post-nurturing stuff until they are 100% confident what they will release will be a finished thing, and there are other deeper reasons for this such as, but not limited to, ensuring sales to become successful. Maybe not for free updates, but certainly for newly releasing titles and specific kinds of PDLCs (depending on how much is shared publicly). This is a strategy for making surprises of any kind for the general public as well.

The mentioned companies you said that do have that kind of "transparency" for different reasons. Monster Hunter World is an online multiplayer game that relies on a big active playing and engaging community. Ark: Survival Evolved is another one of those types. Not to mention, Ark was an early access game, and titles in their early access stages rely or can take advantage on further engagement with players of any kind to help development of their growths before full release. Two other games that I know of in the Subnautica series have done just that (one of which is still in early access at the time of this post), just like Studio Wildcard's Ark: Survival Evolved.

Frontier Developments's Elite Dangerous, one of their four active games, has a similar level of "transparency" as Monster Hunter World because it's an online multiplayer type game that relies on an active playing and engaging community to a great extent such as roadmaps once they know they are sure the stuff they are planning to add (stuff that they say vocally" will be true. Their other three active games: Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo, and yes, Jurassic World Evolution are not online multiplayer or former early access title games that need a similar type of player engagement. This is even something they already partial confirmed what I shared on the Xbox subreddit for this game before launch.

You're just seeing too much of the negative side of this said community based on a vocal but low number of the kind you're complaing about. Most of what you probably saw were just fun little speculations or just personal wants that don't go too far. Even I made posts that were just mere speculations, even if I must admit I get a little too, but necessarily, cautious with some of them.

Thing is that I like Planet Zoo. It brings back so many memories of playing Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2 (both of which I still own but haven't played in a long while now). Never played Elite Dangerous or Planet Coaster as they're not really my kind of games.

My problems with JWE stem from a lot of things, some of which I don't even want to bring up because I'll probably derail into another rant. The thing is, I really wanted to like JWE. I never played JPOG and frankly it's a royal pain trying to get ahold of one of the few decent copies still out there. I pre-ordered the deluxe edition of the game on Steam, the first game I had ever pre-ordered, back in March of 2018. I was that excited for it. But, as time wore on, it became more and more clear to me that the game was a soulless cash-in on the overzealous hype of Fallen Kingdom, which did not deserve that much hype. Not saying Fallen Kingdom was bad, to me it's about as good as Jurassic World (both films are tied for third place in my ranking of the film series). Point is, the game was criminally rushed to meet the American theatrical release of that film, which in my opinion hurt a lot of its potential and is probably one of the biggest reasons it has so many limitations. My biggest gripe is that Universal should have reached out to Frontier to develop this game much sooner (i.e. six months to a year after Jurassic World's theatrical release in 2015). Maybe then it would have had everything we wanted from it. But, its rushed nature and the fact so much was missing at launch that they've had to put back in is further proof that the creation timeline of it was not well thought-out by Universal. Also, Frontier claim to be fans of the franchise, but a lot of their actions with the game seem to suggest they just don't care and they either don't know or don't respect what makes the franchise as great as it is. Yeah, yeah, third-party IP and all that, but that should not be an excuse for putting in halfhearted efforts.

Maybe you're right and I do see so much of the negative that the positives are overshadowed and forgotten. But, the reason I go on like I do about it isn't because I hate it or think it's the worst game ever. It's because I care so much about the franchise as a whole and think that this game could be so much more that it is now. Maybe that's a lot, perhaps too much, to expect from any development studio, but like many fans, I'm passionate about Jurassic Park and don't want to see anything to its name be a dismal failure. We already suffered one such stain with Jurassic Park 3 and it put the franchise in a coma for 14 years. I don't want to see that happen again, not suggesting that this game could do that. Forgive me if my last post seemed spiteful or accusatory, but I just think this game has not been handled well and I think that a serious change of strategy in all things needs to be considered if a sequel is ever to be done successfully, that is if a sequel is actually ever going to happen.

Thing is that I like Planet Zoo. It brings back so many memories of playing Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2 (both of which I still own but haven't played in a long while now). Never played Elite Dangerous or Planet Coaster as they're not really my kind of games.

My problems with JWE stem from a lot of things, some of which I don't even want to bring up because I'll probably derail into another rant. The thing is, I really wanted to like JWE. I never played JPOG and frankly it's a royal pain trying to get ahold of one of the few decent copies still out there. I pre-ordered the deluxe edition of the game on Steam, the first game I had ever pre-ordered, back in March of 2018. I was that excited for it. But, as time wore on, it became more and more clear to me that the game was a soulless cash-in on the overzealous hype of Fallen Kingdom, which did not deserve that much hype. Not saying Fallen Kingdom was bad, to me it's about as good as Jurassic World (both films are tied for third place in my ranking of the film series). Point is, the game was criminally rushed to meet the American theatrical release of that film, which in my opinion hurt a lot of its potential and is probably one of the biggest reasons it has so many limitations. My biggest gripe is that Universal should have reached out to Frontier to develop this game much sooner (i.e. six months to a year after Jurassic World's theatrical release in 2015). Maybe then it would have had everything we wanted from it. But, its rushed nature and the fact so much was missing at launch that they've had to put back in is further proof that the creation timeline of it was not well thought-out by Universal. Also, Frontier claim to be fans of the franchise, but a lot of their actions with the game seem to suggest they just don't care and they either don't know or don't respect what makes the franchise as great as it is. Yeah, yeah, third-party IP and all that, but that should not be an excuse for putting in halfhearted efforts.

Maybe you're right and I do see so much of the negative that the positives are overshadowed and forgotten. But, the reason I go on like I do about it isn't because I hate it or think it's the worst game ever. It's because I care so much about the franchise as a whole and think that this game could be so much more that it is now. Maybe that's a lot, perhaps too much, to expect from any development studio, but like many fans, I'm passionate about Jurassic Park and don't want to see anything to its name be a dismal failure. We already suffered one such stain with Jurassic Park 3 and it put the franchise in a coma for 14 years. I don't want to see that happen again, not suggesting that this game could do that. Forgive me if my last post seemed spiteful or accusatory, but I just think this game has not been handled well and I think that a serious change of strategy in all things needs to be considered if a sequel is ever to be done successfully, that is if a sequel is actually ever going to happen.
Post nurturing their games is their self-proclaimed strategy of their four active games and their overall business module, something they have been doing successfully since day one with all of them. This was even something they confirmed they will be doing for this game before launch.

It's okay to be passionate of what things you like yourself in a media franchise like Jurassic Park, but never take it too personally and aggressively. It's best to try and take the time to study and the context of how and why things are such so you can make better decisions for yourself. And if a franchise has some little or big thing you don't like spending time on or thinking about, why do so when there are others little or big things you do like in the franchise? It's not like you can't live without being in them or them being what you personally expect.

These are people who do love the Jurassic franchise. The game, and their other three, are as finished as finished can be for a released product. All they're doing with them all since day one is "making them bigger and better" overtime, be it free updates or paid downloadable content. If they have every little detail you could possibly imagine in them by lunch, what more can they do to make their business style healthy? Planning is something every business has, some of which develop into new ones in time to make better decisions from former plans. Just because something for something you endorse doesn't go your way, in 9 times out of 10, it doesn't mean they are truly bad people.

Last edited:
Post nurturing their games is their self-proclaimed strategy of their four active games and their overall business module, something they have been doing successfully since day one with all of them. This was even something they confirmed they will be doing for this game before launch.

It's okay to be passionate of what things you like yourself in a media franchise like Jurassic Park, but never take it too personally and aggressively. It's best to try and take the time to study and the context of how and why things are such so you can make better decisions for yourself. And if a franchise has some little or big thing you don't like spending time on or thinking about, why do so when there are others little or big things you do like in the franchise? It's not like you can't live without being in them or them being what you personally expect.

These are people who do love the Jurassic franchise. The game, and their other three, are as finished as finished can be for a released product. All they're doing with them all since day one is "making them bigger and better" overtime, be it free updates or paid downloadable content. If they have every little detail you could possibly imagine in them by lunch, what more can they do to make their business style healthy? Planning is something every business has, some of which develop into new ones in time to make better decisions from former plans. Just because something for something you endorse doesn't go your way, in 9 times out of 10, it doesn't mean they are truly bad people.

To be honest with you, I think it is primarily Universal's fault for not reaching out and commissioning this sooner. I mean, surely they had to know that people wanted it since so many liked JPOG. My issue with JPOG is that I've seen plenty of gameplay from it and it's not great. Some people criticize JWE as being worse than JPOG. I would argue that's not only untrue given how much more content JWE has, but is also an unfair comparison since you are comparing a rushed game from 2003 to one from 2018 with a way bigger budget and the benefit of post-launch support and expansion. If there is one unfair criticism towards the game I can think of, it would be that. Since I never played JPOG, I don't have those nostalgia glasses glued to my face. I'm not saying people aren't entitled to their opinions, but to say JPOG was superior or had more content than JWE is a farce and an unfair comparison besides. I think the biggest problem is the lack of replay value. I just completed a second playthrough of the main campaign. It took me like 50 hours or less compared to my initial playthrough of 100+ hours, but that's because I know what I'm doing and it makes it that much easier to plow through. I think if each playthrough was set up differently to where you could draw different dig sites to start with, which would dictate the dinosaurs you first unlock, and also maybe dictate the progression of your research and your missions/contracts with the divisions, that would make for some good repeat runs. They kinda did that for challenge mode, but I'm thinking it could be a good option for the normal campaign as well. There's just so many improvements that I can think of that sadly will probably never get done. Even if the game was supported for five or six years, there would probably be more that could be added or more improvements that could be made. I think there's an old saying in art and book writing: "An artist or writer is never finished with their work until they step away from it and never come back to it." Something like that, which honestly applies to games too if you think about it.

Apologies for digressing, the reason why I am furious about the virus is that it impacts everything in the entertainment sector including game development and dubbing of anime. Even so, I may have overlooked the situation in Frontier's development team for this game.

Even if Jurassic World Evolution is not massive multiplayer online, the developers of this game must have taken a market-oriented approach.

To be honest with you, I think it is primarily Universal's fault for not reaching out and commissioning this sooner. I mean, surely they had to know that people wanted it since so many liked JPOG. My issue with JPOG is that I've seen plenty of gameplay from it and it's not great. Some people criticize JWE as being worse than JPOG. I would argue that's not only untrue given how much more content JWE has, but is also an unfair comparison since you are comparing a rushed game from 2003 to one from 2018 with a way bigger budget and the benefit of post-launch support and expansion. If there is one unfair criticism towards the game I can think of, it would be that. Since I never played JPOG, I don't have those nostalgia glasses glued to my face. I'm not saying people aren't entitled to their opinions, but to say JPOG was superior or had more content than JWE is a farce and an unfair comparison besides. I think the biggest problem is the lack of replay value. I just completed a second playthrough of the main campaign. It took me like 50 hours or less compared to my initial playthrough of 100+ hours, but that's because I know what I'm doing and it makes it that much easier to plow through. I think if each playthrough was set up differently to where you could draw different dig sites to start with, which would dictate the dinosaurs you first unlock, and also maybe dictate the progression of your research and your missions/contracts with the divisions, that would make for some good repeat runs. They kinda did that for challenge mode, but I'm thinking it could be a good option for the normal campaign as well. There's just so many improvements that I can think of that sadly will probably never get done. Even if the game was supported for five or six years, there would probably be more that could be added or more improvements that could be made. I think there's an old saying in art and book writing: "An artist or writer is never finished with their work until they step away from it and never come back to it." Something like that, which honestly applies to games too if you think about it.

It is difficult to say which is better: JPOG or JWE. In JPOG, someone made a fan-made modification for the PC edition so that all the 25 species of dinosaurs could be used. JPOG did better with the tutorials than JWE and had 10 missions that were not park-building. Most of the herbivore species played and some of them would form herds with those of the same type. For example, Kentrosaurus were friends with Stegosaurus. The Dilophosaurus in this game was depicted closely with the franchise as its only attack was venomous spit. Dilophosaurus and Velociraptor could live peacefully with one another. Acrocanthosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus could live peacefully with one another. Allosaurus could live and hunt in packs. JPOG was the first to have inaccuracy of dig sites:

- Dilophosaurus' fossils were not found in the Morrison Formation and the east of the United States.

- Fossils of Acrocanthosaurus and Parasaurolophus were not found in Hell Creek Formation.

- Ouranosaurus' fossils were not found in Chenini Formation.

- Judith River Group A was a compilation of Horseshoe Canyon Formation and Scollard Formation.

- Judith River Group B was a compilation of Dinosaur Park Formation and Frenchman Formation.

- Flaming Cliffs was a compilation of Djadokhta Formation and Nemegt Formation.

JWE had more dinosaur species, but the dinosaur comfort was demanding. The gyrosphere attraction seemed to be safer to view large carnivores than JPOG's Safari Adventure. The sandbox mode nearly brought everything back from JPOG, but there were other expansions in it. With the addition of Claire's Sanctuary DLC, herbivores could be given prehistoric flora enhancing the authenticity possibly in the Jurassic World era. The Return to Jurassic Park DLC closely corresponded with the original Jurassic Park trilogy, but the aviary could also be available in the Jurassic World era. The dig sites in JWE were more accurate than JPOG, but there were still inaccuracies:

- Instead of Dilophosaurus, it was a different dinosaur species discovered in Lower Lufeng series. Dilophosaurus' fossils were discovered in Kayenta Formation of Arizona.

- Velociraptor's fossils were discovered in Djadokhta Formation of Mongolia's Gobi Desert and Bayan Mandahu Formation of China's Inner Mongolia.

- Parasaurolophus' fossils should also be available in Kaiparowits Formation of Utah and Oldman Formation (apart from Kirtland Formation in New Mexico and Dinosaur Park Formation in Alberta), but not in the Nemegt Formation.

- Fossils of Chasmosaurus and Corythosaurus should be available in Alberta's Oldman Formation apart from Dinosaur Park Formation, but not in the Horseshoe Canyon Formation and Scollard Formation. In addition, there were no Corythosaurus' fossils in Wyoming's Lance Formation.

- Like in JPOG, Stegosaurus' fossils should also be available in the Morrison Formation in Colorado apart from Lourinha Formation in Portugal, Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry of Utah, and the Dinosaur National Monument in Uinta Mountains..

- Ceratosaurus' fossils should also be available in Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry apart from Morrison Formation and Lourinha Formation.

- Dryosaurus' fossils should also be available in the Dinosaur National Monument and Lourinha Formation apart from the Morrison Formation.

- Allosaurus' fossils should also be available in the Dinosaur National Monument and Lourinha Formation apart from the Morrison Formation and Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry. The Allosaurus in Tendaguru Formation of Tanzania was a different species than the one in both Portugal and United States

- There were no Styracosaurus' fossils in the Laramie Formation of Colorado.

- Troodon's fossils should be available in the Oldman Formation (apart from Prince Creek Formation of Alaska and Judith River Formation of Montana) as there was a different species discovered in the Dinosaur Park Formation.

- There were no fossils of Crichtonsaurus and Tsintaosaurus in the Yuliangze Formation. Tsintaosaurus' fossils were discovered in Jingangkou Formation and Crichtonsaurus was discovered in Sunjiawan Formation.

- Iguanodon's fossils should also be available in the Isle of Wight apart from the Iguanodon Mine and Hythe Formation.

- Apart from Bahariya Formation of Egypt, fossils of Carcharodontosaurus and Spinosaurus should be available in both Kem Kem Beds of Morocco and Chenini Formation of Tunisia.

- There were no Sauropelta's fossils in Cedar Mountain Formation of Utah and Morrison Formation.

- Acrocanthosaurus' fossils should also be available in Cloverly Formation of Wyoming apart from Antlers Formation of Oklahoma and Twin Mountains Formation of Texas.

- There were no Albertosaurus' fossils in the Dinosaur Park Formation.

- There were no Dracorex fossils in the Frenchman Formation of Saskatchewan.

- Struthiomimus' fossils should also be available in Hell Creek Formation apart from Lance Formation and Dinosaur Park Formation.

- Edmontosaurus' fossils should also be available in Laramie Formation, Hell Creek Formation, Frenchman Formation, and Scollard Formation apart from Lance Formation and Horseshoe Canyon Formation.

- T-Rex's fossils should also be available in Laramie Formation and Scollard Formation apart from Lance Formation, Hell Creek Formation, and Frenchman Formation.

- Triceratops' fossils should also be available in Laramie Formation, Frenchman Formation, and Scollard Formation.

- Pierre Shale did not cover Montana.

Last edited:
Improvements I'd like to see in JWE2

-Dinosaurs

1.0 More natural herd behavior with dinosaurs walking and running together (Raptors, hadrosaurids, ornithopods like Iguanodon and Dryosaurus, ornithomimids and some species of ceratopsians)

1.1 Pack hunting (Raptors, Allosaurus, Albertosaurus and maybe...T.rex)

1.2 In free mode and sandbox mode, there is the option that herbivorous dinosaurs do not need feeders, but can meet their need for food with plants that are low down; in the case of sauropods, they could feed on the trees in the environment themselves

1.3 Two variations of combat finishes for each species of dinosaur, the goal is to vary the way a dinosaur finishes a fight

1.4 Not all dinosaur fights will necessarily result in death, and an opponent may run away from a fight if they have weaker fight genes

1.5 There is the option of carnivorous dinosaurs sometimes failing in their hunt and the prey escaping the attack, not always the hunt is successful

1.6 Introduction of free and sandbox mode dinosaur breeding with male and baby dinosaurs

1.7 Introduction of marine reptiles such as Mosasaurus, Liopleurodon, Elasmosaurus and Pliosaurus

1.8 In free mode and sandbox mode, add the option of having free pterosaurs flying around the island without fleeing the island, with the possibility for them to land on the ground and feed themselves

1.9 Small dinosaurs are unable to break fences, so dinosaurs like Velociraptor, when dissatisfied with their environment, will try to jump over fences. Electrified fences will cause damage to the dinosaur and cause it to fall off the fence.

1.10 Addition of more realistic design for Acrocanthosaurus and Deinonychus

1.11 Sexual dimorphism based on the color of the dinosaur skin, this can be configured in the Hammond Creation Lab, so that the color of the dinosaur gender is at the discretion of the player

1.12 Nesting system, small medium and large nest models, eggs can be stolen by small carnivores, parents will protect eggs and babies with animations of intimidation and attack, herbivores like Triceratops and Stegosaurus will attack the attacker as well as carnivores

1.13 Addition of pterosaurs, Dimorphodon, Quetzalcoatlus, Hatzegopteryx, Coloborhynchus and Ramphorhynchus

1.14 Addition of dinosaurs

Herbivores (Hadrosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Eotriceratops, Centrosaurus, Gondwanatitan and Alamosaurus).

Carnivores (Megalosaurus, Torvosaurus, Pycnonemosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Coelophysis and Lythronax)

1.15 The tail of Triceratops should be higher as in the movies, it should not touch the ground as in the first JWE

1.16 The design of the Carnotaurus must be the same as that of JWFK

1.17 The design of the adult Allosaurus must be the same as that of Battle At Big Rock

1.18 The tail of dinosaurs should move naturally without being completely rigid, especially in running animation

1.19 TLWJP sounds for Parasaurolophus

1.20 T.rex eyes should blink, in JWE 1 T.rex eyes do not blink, a small detail that I noticed

-Environment

1.0 Island Generator in free mode and sandbox mode

1.1 Possibility of creating deep water for dinosaurs to swim (Ceratopsians, Hadrosaurids, Spinosaurus, Baryonyx and Suchomimus)

1.2 New biomes for dinosaurs to live in

1.3 Ability to create cliffs and canyons

1.4 Ability to create waterfalls

-Constructions

1.0 Dinosaur Museum

1.1 Jurassic Ferris wheel

1.2 Statue (T.rex, Velociraptor, Spinosaurus, Triceratops, Stegosaurus and Brachiosaurus)

1.3 Viewing dome (as in JPOG)

1.4 Rest Area

1.5 Jurassic kaiak ride

Top Bottom