JWE 2

Only thing I freakin want in the next iteration: much, much, much better dinosaur behavior. Rich and more real behavior. Eating, sleeping, taking a poop, pack mechanics, better fighting (running away, taunts, grouping up etc) and more animation variety. Period. This is literally the only thing that's going to make this game better. Can't say this enough.

No matter how many dinosaurs we get, this fundamental fact alone botched this game. And I feel like Frontier's licensing from Warner had a big role in this, and the fact that they had to ship to console... but oh man, behavior is it. With the advancements in AI we've made, this should certainly be possible.

Things to take forward? The beautiful textures and detailing on the animals. Gene editing. The pathing, monorail, return to jurassic park jeep tour, smooth construction tools and the UI itself is actually very clean and accessible.

Last edited:
Apologies for digressing, the reason why I am furious about the virus is that it impacts everything in the entertainment sector including game development and dubbing of anime. Even so, I may have overlooked the situation in Frontier's development team for this game.

Even if Jurassic World Evolution is not massive multiplayer online, the developers of this game must have taken a market-oriented approach.

It is difficult to say which is better: JPOG or JWE. In JPOG, someone made a fan-made modification for the PC edition so that all the 25 species of dinosaurs could be used. JPOG did better with the tutorials than JWE and had 10 missions that were not park-building. Most of the herbivore species played and some of them would form herds with those of the same type. For example, Kentrosaurus were friends with Stegosaurus. The Dilophosaurus in this game was depicted closely with the franchise as its only attack was venomous spit. Dilophosaurus and Velociraptor could live peacefully with one another. Acrocanthosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus could live peacefully with one another. Allosaurus could live and hunt in packs. JPOG was the first to have inaccuracy of dig sites:

- Dilophosaurus' fossils were not found in the Morrison Formation and the east of the United States.

- Fossils of Acrocanthosaurus and Parasaurolophus were not found in Hell Creek Formation.

- Ouranosaurus' fossils were not found in Chenini Formation.

- Judith River Group A was a compilation of Horseshoe Canyon Formation and Scollard Formation.

- Judith River Group B was a compilation of Dinosaur Park Formation and Frenchman Formation.

- Flaming Cliffs was a compilation of Djadokhta Formation and Nemegt Formation.

JWE had more dinosaur species, but the dinosaur comfort was demanding. The gyrosphere attraction seemed to be safer to view large carnivores than JPOG's Safari Adventure. The sandbox mode nearly brought everything back from JPOG, but there were other expansions in it. With the addition of Claire's Sanctuary DLC, herbivores could be given prehistoric flora enhancing the authenticity possibly in the Jurassic World era. The Return to Jurassic Park DLC closely corresponded with the original Jurassic Park trilogy, but the aviary could also be available in the Jurassic World era. The dig sites in JWE were more accurate than JPOG, but there were still inaccuracies:

- Instead of Dilophosaurus, it was a different dinosaur species discovered in Lower Lufeng series. Dilophosaurus' fossils were discovered in Kayenta Formation of Arizona.

- Velociraptor's fossils were discovered in Djadokhta Formation of Mongolia's Gobi Desert and Bayan Mandahu Formation of China's Inner Mongolia.

- Parasaurolophus' fossils should also be available in Kaiparowits Formation of Utah and Oldman Formation (apart from Kirtland Formation in New Mexico and Dinosaur Park Formation in Alberta), but not in the Nemegt Formation.

- Fossils of Chasmosaurus and Corythosaurus should be available in Alberta's Oldman Formation apart from Dinosaur Park Formation, but not in the Horseshoe Canyon Formation and Scollard Formation. In addition, there were no Corythosaurus' fossils in Wyoming's Lance Formation.

- Like in JPOG, Stegosaurus' fossils should also be available in the Morrison Formation in Colorado apart from Lourinha Formation in Portugal, Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry of Utah, and the Dinosaur National Monument in Uinta Mountains..

- Ceratosaurus' fossils should also be available in Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry apart from Morrison Formation and Lourinha Formation.

- Dryosaurus' fossils should also be available in the Dinosaur National Monument and Lourinha Formation apart from the Morrison Formation.

- Allosaurus' fossils should also be available in the Dinosaur National Monument and Lourinha Formation apart from the Morrison Formation and Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry. The Allosaurus in Tendaguru Formation of Tanzania was a different species than the one in both Portugal and United States

- There were no Styracosaurus' fossils in the Laramie Formation of Colorado.

- Troodon's fossils should be available in the Oldman Formation (apart from Prince Creek Formation of Alaska and Judith River Formation of Montana) as there was a different species discovered in the Dinosaur Park Formation.

- There were no fossils of Crichtonsaurus and Tsintaosaurus in the Yuliangze Formation. Tsintaosaurus' fossils were discovered in Jingangkou Formation and Crichtonsaurus was discovered in Sunjiawan Formation.

- Iguanodon's fossils should also be available in the Isle of Wight apart from the Iguanodon Mine and Hythe Formation.

- Apart from Bahariya Formation of Egypt, fossils of Carcharodontosaurus and Spinosaurus should be available in both Kem Kem Beds of Morocco and Chenini Formation of Tunisia.

- There were no Sauropelta's fossils in Cedar Mountain Formation of Utah and Morrison Formation.

- Acrocanthosaurus' fossils should also be available in Cloverly Formation of Wyoming apart from Antlers Formation of Oklahoma and Twin Mountains Formation of Texas.

- There were no Albertosaurus' fossils in the Dinosaur Park Formation.

- There were no Dracorex fossils in the Frenchman Formation of Saskatchewan.

- Struthiomimus' fossils should also be available in Hell Creek Formation apart from Lance Formation and Dinosaur Park Formation.

- Edmontosaurus' fossils should also be available in Laramie Formation, Hell Creek Formation, Frenchman Formation, and Scollard Formation apart from Lance Formation and Horseshoe Canyon Formation.

- T-Rex's fossils should also be available in Laramie Formation and Scollard Formation apart from Lance Formation, Hell Creek Formation, and Frenchman Formation.

- Triceratops' fossils should also be available in Laramie Formation, Frenchman Formation, and Scollard Formation.

- Pierre Shale did not cover Montana.

I agree there's still quite a few inaccuracies and liberties taken with stuff like that, but it's far better than how JPOG handled it. I think the reason some dinosaurs are in inaccurate dig sites like that is for balancing reasons in the game, though any other purpose beyond that reason is a mystery to me. Also, Crichtonsaurus's name is wrong. It's Crichtonpelta. Crichtonsaurus is dubious and its fossils have been folded into the genus Crichtonpelta. My hope is that this game ends up with at least 100 species by the end of its update lifespan, but we'll see I guess. I have some ideas of species I'd like to see implemented before the game's end listed below.

Miragaia
Shunosaurus
Yangchuanosaurus
Coelophysis
Daemonosaurus
Plateosaurus
Irritator
Masiakasaurus
Ostafrikasaurus
Deinocheirus
Gigantoraptor
Oviraptor
Guanlong
Megalosaurus
Tarbosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Utahraptor
Alamosaurus
Cearadactylus
Concavenator
Dimorphodon
Einiosaurus
Microceratus
Mononykus
Mosasaurus
Mussaurus
Pachyrhinosaurus
Plesiosaurus
Protoceratops
Rugops
Teratophoneus
Tylosaurus

Apologies for digressing, the reason why I am furious about the virus is that it impacts everything in the entertainment sector including game development and dubbing of anime. Even so, I may have overlooked the situation in Frontier's development team for this game.

Even if Jurassic World Evolution is not massive multiplayer online, the developers of this game must have taken a market-oriented approach.

It is difficult to say which is better: JPOG or JWE. In JPOG, someone made a fan-made modification for the PC edition so that all the 25 species of dinosaurs could be used. JPOG did better with the tutorials than JWE and had 10 missions that were not park-building. Most of the herbivore species played and some of them would form herds with those of the same type. For example, Kentrosaurus were friends with Stegosaurus. The Dilophosaurus in this game was depicted closely with the franchise as its only attack was venomous spit. Dilophosaurus and Velociraptor could live peacefully with one another. Acrocanthosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus could live peacefully with one another. Allosaurus could live and hunt in packs. JPOG was the first to have inaccuracy of dig sites:

- Dilophosaurus' fossils were not found in the Morrison Formation and the east of the United States.

- Fossils of Acrocanthosaurus and Parasaurolophus were not found in Hell Creek Formation.

- Ouranosaurus' fossils were not found in Chenini Formation.

- Judith River Group A was a compilation of Horseshoe Canyon Formation and Scollard Formation.

- Judith River Group B was a compilation of Dinosaur Park Formation and Frenchman Formation.

- Flaming Cliffs was a compilation of Djadokhta Formation and Nemegt Formation.

JWE had more dinosaur species, but the dinosaur comfort was demanding. The gyrosphere attraction seemed to be safer to view large carnivores than JPOG's Safari Adventure. The sandbox mode nearly brought everything back from JPOG, but there were other expansions in it. With the addition of Claire's Sanctuary DLC, herbivores could be given prehistoric flora enhancing the authenticity possibly in the Jurassic World era. The Return to Jurassic Park DLC closely corresponded with the original Jurassic Park trilogy, but the aviary could also be available in the Jurassic World era. The dig sites in JWE were more accurate than JPOG, but there were still inaccuracies:

- Instead of Dilophosaurus, it was a different dinosaur species discovered in Lower Lufeng series. Dilophosaurus' fossils were discovered in Kayenta Formation of Arizona.

- Velociraptor's fossils were discovered in Djadokhta Formation of Mongolia's Gobi Desert and Bayan Mandahu Formation of China's Inner Mongolia.

- Parasaurolophus' fossils should also be available in Kaiparowits Formation of Utah and Oldman Formation (apart from Kirtland Formation in New Mexico and Dinosaur Park Formation in Alberta), but not in the Nemegt Formation.

- Fossils of Chasmosaurus and Corythosaurus should be available in Alberta's Oldman Formation apart from Dinosaur Park Formation, but not in the Horseshoe Canyon Formation and Scollard Formation. In addition, there were no Corythosaurus' fossils in Wyoming's Lance Formation.

- Like in JPOG, Stegosaurus' fossils should also be available in the Morrison Formation in Colorado apart from Lourinha Formation in Portugal, Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry of Utah, and the Dinosaur National Monument in Uinta Mountains..

- Ceratosaurus' fossils should also be available in Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry apart from Morrison Formation and Lourinha Formation.

- Dryosaurus' fossils should also be available in the Dinosaur National Monument and Lourinha Formation apart from the Morrison Formation.

- Allosaurus' fossils should also be available in the Dinosaur National Monument and Lourinha Formation apart from the Morrison Formation and Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry. The Allosaurus in Tendaguru Formation of Tanzania was a different species than the one in both Portugal and United States

- There were no Styracosaurus' fossils in the Laramie Formation of Colorado.

- Troodon's fossils should be available in the Oldman Formation (apart from Prince Creek Formation of Alaska and Judith River Formation of Montana) as there was a different species discovered in the Dinosaur Park Formation.

- There were no fossils of Crichtonsaurus and Tsintaosaurus in the Yuliangze Formation. Tsintaosaurus' fossils were discovered in Jingangkou Formation and Crichtonsaurus was discovered in Sunjiawan Formation.

- Iguanodon's fossils should also be available in the Isle of Wight apart from the Iguanodon Mine and Hythe Formation.

- Apart from Bahariya Formation of Egypt, fossils of Carcharodontosaurus and Spinosaurus should be available in both Kem Kem Beds of Morocco and Chenini Formation of Tunisia.

- There were no Sauropelta's fossils in Cedar Mountain Formation of Utah and Morrison Formation.

- Acrocanthosaurus' fossils should also be available in Cloverly Formation of Wyoming apart from Antlers Formation of Oklahoma and Twin Mountains Formation of Texas.

- There were no Albertosaurus' fossils in the Dinosaur Park Formation.

- There were no Dracorex fossils in the Frenchman Formation of Saskatchewan.

- Struthiomimus' fossils should also be available in Hell Creek Formation apart from Lance Formation and Dinosaur Park Formation.

- Edmontosaurus' fossils should also be available in Laramie Formation, Hell Creek Formation, Frenchman Formation, and Scollard Formation apart from Lance Formation and Horseshoe Canyon Formation.

- T-Rex's fossils should also be available in Laramie Formation and Scollard Formation apart from Lance Formation, Hell Creek Formation, and Frenchman Formation.

- Triceratops' fossils should also be available in Laramie Formation, Frenchman Formation, and Scollard Formation.

- Pierre Shale did not cover Montana.

It would be a nice addition if possible. Whatever enriches and doesn't be little the game play and enjoyment of the game would be a good step forward. :)

Improvements I'd like to see in JWE2

-Dinosaurs

1.0 More natural herd behavior with dinosaurs walking and running together (Raptors, hadrosaurids, ornithopods like Iguanodon and Dryosaurus, ornithomimids and some species of ceratopsians)

1.1 Pack hunting (Raptors, Allosaurus, Albertosaurus and maybe...T.rex)

1.2 In free mode and sandbox mode, there is the option that herbivorous dinosaurs do not need feeders, but can meet their need for food with plants that are low down; in the case of sauropods, they could feed on the trees in the environment themselves

1.3 Two variations of combat finishes for each species of dinosaur, the goal is to vary the way a dinosaur finishes a fight

1.4 Not all dinosaur fights will necessarily result in death, and an opponent may run away from a fight if they have weaker fight genes

1.5 There is the option of carnivorous dinosaurs sometimes failing in their hunt and the prey escaping the attack, not always the hunt is successful

1.6 Introduction of free and sandbox mode dinosaur breeding with male and baby dinosaurs

1.7 Introduction of marine reptiles such as Mosasaurus, Liopleurodon, Elasmosaurus and Pliosaurus

1.8 In free mode and sandbox mode, add the option of having free pterosaurs flying around the island without fleeing the island, with the possibility for them to land on the ground and feed themselves

1.9 Small dinosaurs are unable to break fences, so dinosaurs like Velociraptor, when dissatisfied with their environment, will try to jump over fences. Electrified fences will cause damage to the dinosaur and cause it to fall off the fence.

1.10 Addition of more realistic design for Acrocanthosaurus and Deinonychus

1.11 Sexual dimorphism based on the color of the dinosaur skin, this can be configured in the Hammond Creation Lab, so that the color of the dinosaur gender is at the discretion of the player

1.12 Nesting system, small medium and large nest models, eggs can be stolen by small carnivores, parents will protect eggs and babies with animations of intimidation and attack, herbivores like Triceratops and Stegosaurus will attack the attacker as well as carnivores

1.13 Addition of pterosaurs, Dimorphodon, Quetzalcoatlus, Hatzegopteryx, Coloborhynchus and Ramphorhynchus

1.14 Addition of dinosaurs

Herbivores (Hadrosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Eotriceratops, Centrosaurus, Gondwanatitan and Alamosaurus).

Carnivores (Megalosaurus, Torvosaurus, Pycnonemosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Coelophysis and Lythronax)

1.15 The tail of Triceratops should be higher as in the movies, it should not touch the ground as in the first JWE

1.16 The design of the Carnotaurus must be the same as that of JWFK

1.17 The design of the adult Allosaurus must be the same as that of Battle At Big Rock

1.18 The tail of dinosaurs should move naturally without being completely rigid, especially in running animation

1.19 TLWJP sounds for Parasaurolophus

1.20 T.rex eyes should blink, in JWE 1 T.rex eyes do not blink, a small detail that I noticed

-Environment

1.0 Island Generator in free mode and sandbox mode

1.1 Possibility of creating deep water for dinosaurs to swim (Ceratopsians, Hadrosaurids, Spinosaurus, Baryonyx and Suchomimus)

1.2 New biomes for dinosaurs to live in

1.3 Ability to create cliffs and canyons

1.4 Ability to create waterfalls

-Constructions

1.0 Dinosaur Museum

1.1 Jurassic Ferris wheel

1.2 Statue (T.rex, Velociraptor, Spinosaurus, Triceratops, Stegosaurus and Brachiosaurus)

1.3 Viewing dome (as in JPOG)

1.4 Rest Area

1.5 Jurassic kaiak ride

Some, I have touched on at length. Other ideas are a welcome addition. Is there an idea that anyone has had. That would still fit as a ride or experience that hasn't been in JP/JW that would be fun, unique or enriching?

Some, I have touched on at length. Other ideas are a welcome addition. Is there an idea that anyone has had. That would still fit as a ride or experience that hasn't been in JP/JW that would be fun, unique or enriching?
I believe that these new experiences that I mentioned would be good, especially dinosaur breeding, as this is a strong element in the franchise. No wonder Ian Malcom said "Life finds a way". But the control over the island terrain, improvement in dinosaur behavior and new attractions would be very enriching too!

Last edited:
I believe that these new experiences that I mentioned would be good, especially dinosaur breeding, as this is a strong element in the franchise. No wonder Ian Malcom said "Life finds a way". But the control over the island terrain, improvement in dinosaur behavior and new attractions would be very enriching too!

It would be great if all could be implemented. I'm holding the bar high as I hope they'll go beyond. :) I know that's really up in the air but one hopes :)

I agree there's still quite a few inaccuracies and liberties taken with stuff like that, but it's far better than how JPOG handled it. I think the reason some dinosaurs are in inaccurate dig sites like that is for balancing reasons in the game, though any other purpose beyond that reason is a mystery to me. Also, Crichtonsaurus's name is wrong. It's Crichtonpelta. Crichtonsaurus is dubious and its fossils have been folded into the genus Crichtonpelta. My hope is that this game ends up with at least 100 species by the end of its update lifespan, but we'll see I guess. I have some ideas of species I'd like to see implemented before the game's end listed below.

Miragaia
Shunosaurus
Yangchuanosaurus
Coelophysis
Daemonosaurus
Plateosaurus
Irritator
Masiakasaurus
Ostafrikasaurus
Deinocheirus
Gigantoraptor
Oviraptor
Guanlong
Megalosaurus
Tarbosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Utahraptor
Alamosaurus
Cearadactylus
Concavenator
Dimorphodon
Einiosaurus
Microceratus
Mononykus
Mosasaurus
Mussaurus
Pachyrhinosaurus
Plesiosaurus
Protoceratops
Rugops
Teratophoneus
Tylosaurus

Nice, I have few of those in a hope for JWE2. We can only wait and see if anything else is coming for JWE.

Thinking about the contracts that were in the game. I think another thing that needs to be added. Is that the harder the contract as we progress. We should get more money & reward for completion. The game really needs to be tweaked to allow for greater progression. Hoping in JWE2.

Should we have a building that would be a terror dome or arena for our animals to fight in?
Why are we encouraging the killing of our animals? Even if you ignore the obvious ethical issues of forcing animals to fight, there's still the whole "these things are expensive to make" thing that actually pops up in Jurassic World.

Last edited:
Why are we encouraging the killing of our animals? Even if you ignore the obvious ethical issues of forcing animals to fight, there's still the whole "these things are expensive to make" thing that actually pops up in Jurassic World.

Not encouraging, given the option for those that would want such spectacle to be present. That they are expensive, but if someone is willing to pay for it. Then they are given the ability to do so. I would rather see an ecosystem where my animals didn't kill each other for sport. The sad truth is, it's a thing and if managers could make more money on doing it. They would probably do it. Ethical issues ended when they decided to design and manipulate genetics in the creation of these animals. Then not allowing them to so much as live as they should. Given that bad ideas in JP continue to get worse in JW. This would be no different. Imagine a wild animal tearing through your arena due to the discomfort and aggression.

Like in the mobile phone games? It would be great to have an arena for gladiator shows.

Similar but more of a spectacle that would possibly earn you as the manager more money. At the risk of displeasure of the animal. If we did it more like the mobile game. JP:Warpath 2 would be better than that. :)

Technically, the arena wouldn't need to be a death duel.

Sure, you could have it work that way, but having an attraction where it gives a good boost for seeing fights would work well enough for it. The various dominance skirmishes could make it a way to replace the viewing galleries for more aggressive dinosaurs, perhaps having different, upgradeable forms of the galleries that could be used.

Upgrading to an arena seating might be setup to increase the potential of dominance fights. Perhaps also upping aggression there. Perhaps also upping the ratings of the dinosaurs fighting it out when it's over with it, possibly also upping it with lethal as well.

Having other options like the Rex Kingdom log tunnel as another upgrade setup, potentially that could be set up along the boarder of two pens with viewing out either side and entrance possible from the ends if attached to a path.

Other enrichment things would be great as well, perhaps taking something like the cheetah races for certain dinosaurs, raptors or the various mimus species would be a short race for the dinosaurs where the winner might get a ratings boost from it.

A lot of them are ways of, basically, monetizing existing dinosaur behaviors. I know there are zoos where big horn sheep have their clashes at certain times of year and they set things up for people to watch them, and a lot of zoos with cheetahs have races for them to show them off and exercise them.

Technically, the arena wouldn't need to be a death duel.

Sure, you could have it work that way, but having an attraction where it gives a good boost for seeing fights would work well enough for it. The various dominance skirmishes could make it a way to replace the viewing galleries for more aggressive dinosaurs, perhaps having different, upgradeable forms of the galleries that could be used.

Upgrading to an arena seating might be setup to increase the potential of dominance fights. Perhaps also upping aggression there. Perhaps also upping the ratings of the dinosaurs fighting it out when it's over with it, possibly also upping it with lethal as well.

Having other options like the Rex Kingdom log tunnel as another upgrade setup, potentially that could be set up along the boarder of two pens with viewing out either side and entrance possible from the ends if attached to a path.

Other enrichment things would be great as well, perhaps taking something like the cheetah races for certain dinosaurs, raptors or the various mimus species would be a short race for the dinosaurs where the winner might get a ratings boost from it.

A lot of them are ways of, basically, monetizing existing dinosaur behaviors. I know there are zoos where big horn sheep have their clashes at certain times of year and they set things up for people to watch them, and a lot of zoos with cheetahs have races for them to show them off and exercise them.

That could be a way about it. :)

Similar but more of a spectacle that would possibly earn you as the manager more money. At the risk of displeasure of the animal. If we did it more like the mobile game. JP:Warpath 2 would be better than that. :)

It would be best to avoid fights in the dinosaurs' own habitat exhibits. Dino Crisis 2 had the "Dinosaur Colosseum" as extra content and the player could choose to play as dinosaurs either against a friend on a two-on-two match or a single player round to eliminate 18 Oviraptor, 10 Velociraptor, 3 Inostracevia, 2 Allosaurus, and the one-eyed Tyrannosaurus Rex.

It would be best to avoid fights in the dinosaurs' own habitat exhibits. Dino Crisis 2 had the "Dinosaur Colosseum" as extra content and the player could choose to play as dinosaurs either against a friend on a two-on-two match or a single player round to eliminate 18 Oviraptor, 10 Velociraptor, 3 Inostracevia, 2 Allosaurus, and the one-eyed Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Perhaps do it where it's possible to do so, but normally better to have an arena built. Perhaps dead dinosaurs add more problems inside of a habitat, but perhaps you can set things up to have the arena part.

That would make it still work for things like the dominance fights...and possibly goat feedings.

Top Bottom