ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carriers Update - BETA BLOWOUT

Can I just ask....is this just for Beta?

Will this offer carry over to the main game?

I think I know the answer but thought I'd ask anyway....thx

So your happy for systems to get so clogged up that nobody can jump to that system? Why would moving your FC to another system that you don't want to go to help in any way at all.

Yes...because thats frontiers issue of not having enough systems to get them from.... Howmany populated systems in the galaxy can you buy other ships from, howmany populated systems in the galaxy in general and you telling me only a handful would produce fleet carriers? Also after the initial boom of sales this will stop. Think of a big sale at a well known shop its packed full of customers but eventually dies down.

Would you be happy in that shop introducing a decommissioning just because they cant handle the customer flow?

It has nothing got to do with carriers filling up a system its got to do with grind they want you to keep playing and paying for something that isnt at all worth it, without decommissioning the carriers would also leave these systems faster as players would be spending less time grinding the money to have them survive in their save rather than leaving them there to see howlong they have until they have to buy them again

Will they put you back where you were on april 30 cause I got a boatload of Explo data and i'm about halfway to Colonia. Not losing all that tiime and data to joyride in a glorified expensive taxi cab.

Deleted member 38366

D
Will they put you back where you were on april 30 cause I got a boatload of Explo data and i'm about halfway to Colonia. Not losing all that tiime and data to joyride in a glorified expensive taxi cab.

Live Game and Beta are >entirely< different entities.
Your live game isn't affected by anything you do in the Beta in the slightest.

In the Beta, do whatever you want. Suicide. Even Clear Save if you want to experience or test it. Doesn't matter.
(just don't ever confuse the two ;) ... make darn sure you've launched the Beta if you feel the urge to experiment or do funny stuff you wouldn't ever do with your life Game CMDR)

(just don't ever confuse the two ;) ... make darn sure you've launched the Beta if you feel the urge to experiment or do funny stuff you wouldn't ever do with your life Game CMDR)

Can't argue with that. If you find your ship located where you left it in the real game then you probably aren't in the Beta. :unsure:

I'm done with the beta. I did everything I want and made video docs. Now when is the fleet carriers update going live? My spider senses are tingling for that day! Thanks Frontier for your hard work, in the end it will be epic! 😇

Hey guys: Some Carrier Administration systems in the Bubble:

Ye'kuana Howard Station
Ngurumbha Swigert Hub
Lhou Mans, Dashiell Port
Shernteniai, Lundwall Port
Bilfrost, Williams Port
Amphisatsu, Goldberg Orbital
LTT 1598, Covington Dock
Gliese 58, Baillaud Dock
CD-27 5409, Raleigh Port
Adityan, Hopkins City
Nu Wanga, Mondeh Dock
Tarbi, Alvarado City
Mizar, Judson Station
Gertrud, Walker Ring
LP 486-49, Napier Enterprise
Hill Pa Hsi, Curie Gateway
L 190-21, Gurragchaa Orbital
Terminus, Payette Orbital
u Carinae, Carpenter Gateway
Huangais, Blackwell Station
CD-58 538, Hornby Station
Senlu, Springer Gateway
Burojinura, Griffith Station
Ascella, Duffy Dock
Kadu mist, Yolen Gateway
BD-17 6081, MacKellar Dock
Tenche, Blaauw Hub
Ross 263, Volta Gateway
V2151 Cygni, Eyharts Hub
HR 244, Kepler City
Ross 671, Thomson Terminal
TZ Arietis, Snyder Enterprise
Kokary, Gidzenko Terminal
Atagat, Glashow City
Ross 42, Nasmyth Enterprise
Xi Ursae Majoris, Durrance Dock
LP 320-359, Pauling Port

After an entire day of trying I finally got a spot in one of these, appreciate it. I feel like they really need to deal with the loitering of carriers in admin systems. I hope its not like this when this goes live.

After an entire day of trying I finally got a spot in one of these, appreciate it. I feel like they really need to deal with the loitering of carriers in admin systems. I hope its not like this when this goes live.
Probably won't be as bad for several reasons;
Carriers will be available for longer than a few weeks.
Not everyone who got one in the beta will want one in live.
Some in the beta cashed in fleets of ships to find the credits this is less likely in live.

That said it is possibly going to be pretty bad especially as the malicious amongst us will probably lurk there to just cause such troubles.

Can't they just make every system a carrier administration system for the purposes of the beta only. It is hard to test all the features when I can't get them.

Can't they just make every system a carrier administration system for the purposes of the beta only. It is hard to test all the features when I can't get them.

For that, they may need to do another beta, which may not be a bad idea. One thing I noticed today is the carrier kinda doesn't disappear with the jump-cloud thing...it goes through, but if you fly past the cloud, the carrier is just sitting there till the jump happens...then it vanishes. I'd think it'd be intended that as it goes into the cloud, it disappears since, from one side, it looks like the carrier is entering hyperspace gradually. Anyways, always an awesome sequence to watch.

I'm with The Yamiks and his "Remove the upkeep" take.
Sure it's Immersive. However, if people are selling fleets to buy one, what makes you think they'll be able to keep it for very long?
The frustration will just set in sooner of not having all your old fav ships to park on the FC. I see some complaining 5 Billion is hard to obtain, while I would argue 1 billion is hard to obtain, and even more would come in with 1 million is hard to obtain.

The Yamiks mentioned - once you're able to buy and upgrade one let that be your badge of game completion by removing a weekly upkeep. I agree with that and think it fits more with the rest of the game because my crew on my ship is always there. They are happy to serve under my command and they signed on knowing they get paid as WE get paid.
Upgrades to the ship should be the only cost besides fuel. Once it's yours it's yours! This would make those 5 month treks around the galaxy a lot more fun and involved without the added salt of "I HAVE to log into Elite and spend hours grinding today because I bought the Fleet Carrier".

Greetings Commanders,

Tied up too many credits in ships and modules to buy a Fleet Carrier this Beta? We have you covered with the BETA BLOWOUT!

Starting from 21 May at 10:00 UTC and lasting until the end of the Beta (26 May), Fleet Carriers will cost a mere 1 million credits and ALL Additional Services will be reduced to 100 credits per service!

We hope that you all get a chance to jump into the Beta over the weekend and show us what you can do with your very own Fleet Carrier!

Please note: The Beta Blowout costs for Fleet Carriers DO NOT reflect the final prices when they are released in June.

o7 Commanders!
I purchased a fleet carrier and the process of outfitting seems so wrong , when making an order the logical way might be to order the fleet carrier and all the fleet modules in one order . I collected my fleet carrier and tried to find an administration system to outfit modules and after 3 days wasting hours not one vacant spot . I bookmarked each admin system and spammed without any luck . It seems someone will have to face the pollution global warming demons one day and it is not me this time .

2315 CDT Sunday 24 May 2020. Beta is pretty much over, most who wanted to try a carrier have.

June will reveal just how many carriers will be in game. Does anyone expect an increase in carrier popularity? :)

I purchased a fleet carrier and the process of outfitting seems so wrong , when making an order the logical way might be to order the fleet carrier and all the fleet modules in one order . I collected my fleet carrier and tried to find an administration system to outfit modules and after 3 days wasting hours not one vacant spot . I bookmarked each admin system and spammed without any luck . It seems someone will have to face the pollution global warming demons one day and it is not me this time .

You bookmarked all of these? I stopped by LTT 1598 last night, was only a few carriers in system.

• Ye'kuana Howard Station
  • Ngurumbha Swigert Hub
  • Lhou Mans, Dashiell Port
  • Shernteniai, Lundwall Port
  • Bilfrost, Williams Port
  • Amphisatsu, Goldberg Orbital
  • LTT 1598, Covington Dock
  • Gliese 58, Baillaud Dock
  • CD-27 5409, Raleigh Port
  • Adityan, Hopkins City
  • Nu Wanga, Mondeh Dock
  • Tarbi, Alvarado City