VR support 'not at launch' for Odyssey

I am disappointed. I could understand when I choose to exit my ship it flicks to 2D, but not to be able to fly the ship in VR in Odyssey is mucho sad. I think I have played for half an hour outside of VR, once you move to VR its hard to go back.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
It makes sense to channel all feedback to one thread, negative as well as positive. Speaking of which, I am very disappointed that VR is not part of Odyssey. Just can't play on a flat screen anymore.

I'd say I skip the upgrade, but since it is included in LEP I will just not play it then.

Frontier have come back and clarified the situation.
(repeatedly on the twitch stream today where so many people were bombarding the chat with so many VR comments that nothing else could be discussed.)

• Elite (non horizons) - will continue to support VR
  • Elite Horizons - will continue to support VR
  • Elite Beyond - will continue to support VR
  • Elite Odyssey - will not support VR at launch but it will come soon after.

Can you please not moan about the game for the next 8 months, until it is released.

Frontier have released one teaser trailer and the forum has gone into melt down.
I don’t see the same anger at base building NOT being in Odyssey. That affects ALL commanders on ALL platforms, not Just the small vocal entitled few, some of which will get the update free anyway.

Fronier have already slipped the launch window for Odyssey due to the amount of work they have to do. Why do you think that vociferously moaning that they haven’t included something that you want is going to magic it in there?

Last edited:
As already pointed out by previous posters, if Hello Games' No Man's Sky can manage a fairly compelling space legs in VR, I'm sure Frontier can. I'm really hoping that the Steam page is a genuine mistake (it probably got put together rather in a hurry after all). Still, time will tell. If I can only walk on planets in flat screen, I may stick to my SRV in VR... ;-)
Valve would never shade a competitor's game eh. /S 🤣

Their response is to push VR users out of the game and confuse HOTAS users , all to push some weird FPS mechanic in to a game which doesn't need it.
I asked for space legs, I did NOT ask for an FPS. My vision of space legs was more along the lines of Subnautica (which does support VR) or Space Engineers. This use of space legs (repairing and customizing our ship, exploring the inside of ruins and retrieving materials, etc) would have made me feel closer to my ship, just like it does in those other games. Making ED an FPS, except in the repel boarders scenario (or infiltration of another ship) does not. I don't think anybody asked for Elite: Dust 514

(repeatedly on the twitch stream today where so many people were bombarding the chat with so many VR comments that nothing else could be discussed.)

Can you please not moan about the game for the next 8 months, until it is released.

Frontier have released one teaser trailer and the forum has gone into melt down.
I don’t see the same anger at base building NOT being in Odyssey. That affects ALL commanders on ALL platforms, not Just the small vocal entitled few, some of which will get the update free anyway.

Fronier have already slipped the launch window for Odyssey due to the amount of work they have to do. Why do you think that vociferously moaning that they haven’t included something that you want is going to manic it in there?

Link to the twitch stream?

Fronier have already slipped the launch window for Odyssey due to the amount of work they have to do. Why do you think that vociferously moaning that they haven’t included something that you want is going to manic it in there?
/ topic

Guys do not distract developers with additional requirements. Let them do the good part only on the PC and nothing more. Let them focus. XBOX, PS, MAC, VR they can add later. The depth of the gameplay is hard for developers and the focus should help them.

This is not an accurate description of the situation. Depending on how Odyssey interfaces with the base game and Horizons, the game experience wothout Odyssey may be severely impacted to the level where it is unplayable without a significant disadvantage. This would severely alter and take away from the gaming experience from the game we are playing today and that we believed we were getting when we bought the game. That is a far cry from a feature that has never been officially confirmed not being in the next expansion.

Top Bottom