VR support 'not at launch' for Odyssey

Fortunately, I am much more flexible, it works for me in both VR and Pancake, but then, I play a number of other games that are not VR, so have plenty of choice, and a very good monitor to play on.
Yeah I mainly play in VR but I also use an LG C1 48" for a monitor, so I've got decent graphics, etc.
My personal contention is having to remove the HMD everytime I disembark, so I've just stopped disembarking or just don't use HMD If I plan on foot gameplay. It's rather annoying, but it is what it is. Not going to threaten to rage quit or spam doooooom threads because Frontier isn't providing VR for on foot stuff though.

Hmm, I have to try again then. I found it a bit bothersome to switch between the two, but don't play much VR as my 1660Ti doesn't keep up very well. What bothered me the most is that the game doesn't have different graphics settings for pancake and VR mode. Yes I know that there are ways to work around it..

whilst it isn't my 1st choice I find the cinema 2D screen usable in VR. has anyone tried seeing if it can be forced to run in 3D? iirc the game does have 3D support unless it was removed in ED:O

As a side note.
I have played Skyrim many ways and just recently upgraded Skyrim VR to the 4k modded version.
Using the “ 11 years of Skyrim VR Wabbarjack script “ .
It is amazing bringing Skyrim into a modern era game and all in VR.
Walking around caves going through cobwebs so immersive or just taking in the incredible views.
If you have Skyrim VR you must totally mod it up to 4k….. it’s free.

It’s one of the best VR experience’s.

As a side note.
I have played Skyrim many ways and just recently upgraded Skyrim VR to the 4k modded version.
Using the “ 11 years of Skyrim VR Wabbarjack script “ .
It is amazing bringing Skyrim into a modern era game and all in VR.
Walking around caves going through cobwebs so immersive or just taking in the incredible views.
If you have Skyrim VR you must totally mod it up to 4k….. it’s free.

It’s one of the best VR experience’s.
has anyone modded in proper VR motion controls or is it still - click A to open drawer etc? (not saying it is a deal breaker either way, just curious). I must admit i do have higher base standards for skyrim in VR than i do elite however.
Skyrim VR IS a fully sold up VR title, and a brand new purchase....... unlike Elite Dangerous which despite FDs claims to the contrary was always only ever a flat screen game but with a VR mode added in....... (transformative and the poster child for VR at its time for sure.... but an extra mode on top which was not charged extra for unlike skyrim VR)

has anyone modded in proper VR motion controls or is it still - click A to open drawer etc? (not saying it is a deal breaker either way, just curious). I must admit i do have higher base standards for skyrim in VR than i do elite however.
Skyrim VR IS a fully sold up VR title, and a brand new purchase....... unlike Elite Dangerous which despite FDs claims to the contrary was always only ever a flat screen game but with a VR mode added in....... (transformative and the poster child for VR at its time for sure.... but an extra mode on top which was not charged extra for unlike skyrim VR)
While opening chests/cupboards/doors etc. is still standard Skyrim “press button” there are some excellent mods that work for the rest of the world’s objects:
  • HIGGS - Hand/weapon collision, weapon two-handing, realistic object grabbing, and gravity gloves-style mechanics for Skyrim VR
  • PLANCK - Physically-driven animation in Skyrim. Characters interact with physics and can be grabbed, melee hit detection is physically accurate, and much more
  • VRIK - full first-person body with many visible holsters, and works wonderfully with the above mods
———
Regarding Elite’s flatscreen view - the only way I got 3D Side-By-Side working was to run the entire game in virtual flatscreen mode, at which point I might as well have been running the game on my 3D TV.

We’ve been talking about VR in Elite for a long time some totally involved some not caring some doing both flat screen and VR with equal appreciation.

I recently upgraded Skyrim to 4k mod ( over 300 mods ) to play on our 4k 80 inch tv.
I spent many nights revisiting Skyrim that I haven’t played in over 4 years and was amazed by the 4k mods.
Then I got thinking about my Skyrim VR version and modded it up and what a difference, I now have both for a comparison.

I am now reassured how much superior the VR experience is over flat screen, just the 3d environment makes it so real and immersive over flat screen.

Walking through overgrown hill side and through narrow cave passages in 3d beyond words with deep perception.
Walking around caves I was actually getting scared something I never felt on flat screen.
I lost all interest in the 80 inch flat screen and now enter into Skyrim VR universe and become part of it in VR.

Now that’s the difference in Elite Dangerous, VR allows you to enter the Elite universe and be part.
Flat screen is just FLAT no depth all the immersion is superficial as VR puts you in the environment.

That’s why seeing VR not available on Odyssey legs is so depressing to those that love Elite Dangerous in VR.
Flying around the Elite Universe in VR then seeing a flat screen is so upsetting to see.

Black Friday Sale HP Reverb G2 for 299.00, that’s incredible
Go to HP website
That'd be great, if I hadn't already bought the Vive Pro 2 previously...
I was actually considering the Reverb G2 but the pricepoint was difficult to justify given comparison to other HMD's. I settled on the VP2 because of the higher resolution capability and it's flexibility beyond WMR application.
That said, if it had been around $300 at that time, I likely would have snapped it up instead of the VP2.

Black Friday Sale HP Reverb G2 for 299.00, that’s incredible
Go to HP website
Sold out. I have to wait till January for mine, but at that price I can wait.

Note to FDev: I still have NOT purchased Odyssey because you haven't implemented on-foot VR support yet! (see Proton War seated-VR, that's what you need to do!)

Top Bottom