Fleet Carriers Update patch 1 - Downtime and patch notes

FD : Reduced the largest possible yield when subsurface mining for Low Temperature Diamonds by around 25%.

Awesome, it's a nerf, but a small one. It's still going to be possible for Commanders to make their billions.

I might be wrong but doesn't the above mean when you find a roid with 4 deposits of SS LTD ?
If so over 95% of the roids I mine have 3 or less ! So not much of a nerf.

Or is it something else ?

Noooooooo "Fixed the colour of landing pad 7 holo-marker on Fleet Carriers" please dont fix my lucky 07 !!! My carrier is the red dwarf and as everyone knows holly has a blind spot for 7s 😪...
What did it look like with the bug? What have I been missing? :oops:
And yes, I got used to my carrier ID as well. Would be nice if there was at least a "regenerate ID" button.

FD : Reduced the largest possible yield when subsurface mining for Low Temperature Diamonds by around 25%.

I might be wrong but doesn't the above mean when you find a roid with 4 deposits of SS LTD ?
If so over 95% of the roids I mine have 3 or less ! So not much of a nerf.

Or is it something else ?

More a case of if the maximum yield from a deposit is 16 diamonds, it's been reduced to 12, I think

I'm pleased the ATC's are back from 'lockdown'. I'd rather you'd concentrated on the other bugs in the game before you started nerfing certain activities. Please note, I'm not mining at the moment, so this isn't written out of bitterness. Just annoyed they're not concentrating on the real issues and over productive mining isn't one.

I really have no problem with nerfing mining extensively. It is ridiculously OP.

BUT: You need to buff other things like COMBAT if you do this. People need to be able to earn large sums of money in the endgame. It just doesn't make sense that a player who has no engineers, no ranks and has been playing for a week can make the same amount of money than a triple elite veteran of 5 years.

Things like Wing Assassination Missions were cool but need like a 1000% buff, CZ Massacre Missions (with and without Wing) need a 400% buff. AX needs at least a 1000% buff. Because that is endgame content with high and should pay a lot more than low risk mining.

But it is like talking to a wall here.

Yep.

Even just normal payouts from a haz-res should be higher. I dont want it in the 200 Mio / hr range, I think no activty should be that high. But maybe like 50 if you play with a wing of 2-3 or so? As it is now, it's just a waste of time in case you are doing it for credits.

I really have no problem with nerfing mining extensively. It is ridiculously OP.

BUT: You need to buff other things like COMBAT if you do this. People need to be able to earn large sums of money in the endgame. It just doesn't make sense that a player who has no engineers, no ranks and has been playing for a week can make the same amount of money than a triple elite veteran of 5 years.

Things like Wing Assassination Missions were cool but need like a 1000% buff, CZ Massacre Missions (with and without Wing) need a 400% buff. AX needs at least a 1000% buff. Because that is endgame content with high and should pay a lot more than low risk mining.

But it is like talking to a wall here.
Why buff anything?
What 'endgame'?

Agree entirely with AX being a bit lossy...

OK, can someone please translate for me? I'm none to awake at the moment.

Triple LTD hotspots are not going to be a thing anymore?

Apologies for the densitude of this post!

We need to check after the patch to see the full affect, the SSD nerf doesn't sound too bad however the triple LTD overlap nerf may have its ramifications for even normal laser mining. One thing to consider is Painite is/was trading at around 800,000 so if the LTD overlap nerf is that harsh it might end up being quicker to mine and sell two full loads of Painite than mining one load of LTD's especially being as there's painite overlaps are closer to sell points.

Glad to see the mining being nerfed. About time!

Now, upwards and onwards for the full balance pass on every single activity and its rewards to fix the broken economy and restore Cr value above zero, where it's currently sat. Pretty please :)

You must be new here.

In Elite Dangerous you can have fun, or you can make a good profit, but never both.
People were enjoying SSDs too much so it gets the nerf bat IMMIDIATELY, but 4 year old bugs and oversights are still present.

Combat pay will NEVER be buffed because that goes against their business model. Its "fun" so that is your payment (according to Fdev). People have been asking them to do that for AGES but the only adjustments have been nerfs to combat pay.

Deleted member 182079

D
I've got like 3 years of upkeep money, but then that'll run out and I despise laser mining so i can't really get more
Well in that case I understand your original comment even less now. I have allocated about 500m in upkeep to my FC, which means I can mine when I feel like I want to (I still enjoy it) not because I have to. Getting together the 15-27m a week is easily achievable through missions also, so I'm not going to run dry on credits anytime soon, and grinding in any shape or form just isn't necessary anymore (the only 'grind' I engaged in recently was to get the last 3-4bn in Borann, and even that was casual compared to what others did, a couple of 2-3 hour sessions per week, max).

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom