Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update Patch 2 - Downtime and Patch Notes

The new galactic average prices should be much more reflective of the actual prices you'd see across the galaxy. Primarily this will mean that Fleet Carrier owners have more reasonable upper and lower limits for each commodity they'd like to trade.
wait.. So instead of trying to fix the economy, by bringing prices more closer to what average prices are, you'll practically increase galactic average, so people can exploit FCs even more?! wow, just wow. I guess the concept of balance and healthy economy is not what you want to achieve.

That's nothing to do with cosmetic items. The Fed/Imp/Ally logos were inherited from the current system allegiance displayed on the Banner in FC menu. They will no longer display.
Huh, all the posts in the FC livery threads were discussing how specific classes always had certain logos, like if you applied Nautilus you got an Imperial logo regardless, and several players had stated their choice of class was driven by that factor. Guessing this actually worked differently to how folks initially observed when carrier liveries were introduced?

A lot of players will now be hoping for allegiance decals for carriers though.

WAIT WAIT WAIT....WHAT DO YOU MEAN, REMOVED LOGOS??? im confused i better be able to represent my queen on my carrier or im gonna lose my S***

EuphoricSerpentineBengaltiger-size_restricted.gif

Dave is going to be fed up now.

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Whilst I appreciate the fixes (and I do!) almost 2 weeks of complete radio silence from the community managers and then 45 minute warning of downtime (albeit only for 15 mins). Seriously? Where ARE you guys? Why are you not interacting with the community?

A number of my passengers have reported issues restocking SLFs on my carrier. Is this covered by the same fix as the SRV and limpet restocks?
Hi Skatez,

We're glad to hear you like the changes. We do our best to inform you guys of the upcoming changes as soon as possible. This time around, the final list of fixes and changes were confirmed fairly late. We didn't consider this a major issue given that the majority are bug fixes and adjustments, rather than large content changes. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Can't we just get the carrier type we want and apply decals whichever way we want, Imagine when i finally get my first Capital Battlecruiser ( sometime in 3320 or something)

What kind of a service are you running here?
No word on updates here for two weeks then 5 minutes before you broadcast in the game itself you post here notice of an update.

Seriously, never played a game where this happens. Very poor communication.
To stop CMDRs taking advantage of changes ingame b4 they happen.
Already some are worried their onboard LTDs will be worthless :)

@Bruce Garrido ... and please, SLFs (ship launched fighters) are now also restock able for carrier visitors? After patch 1 only carrier owner was able restock them.

Edit: sorry, reading posts above ... sad that this isn't fixed yet. (other fixes are great!)

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

Today's patch brings a number of changes, primarily focusing on stability and Fleet Carrier fixes. These are due to go live at 10:00 UTC with 15 minutes of downtime expected.

Fleet Carriers
  • Setting a price for a commodity in the market management screen is now much faster.
  • Players can now use "-" when entering ship IDs.
  • Fixed an issue that placed Fleet Carriers in the barycentre when jumping to a binary system, even if space was present around the primary star.
  • Fixed an issue which could cause Fleet Carrier landing pads to be displaced.
  • Removed superpower faction logos from Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed a bug which prevented SRVs from being restocked at Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed the timing so that when transferring a ship to a carrier the "Incoming Message" audio now plays at the same time as the message arrives rather than immediately upon requesting the transfer.
  • Fixed a problem with stolen mission cargo getting stuck after being sold to a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed an issue positioning Fleet Carriers near stellar bodies with highly eccentric orbits.
  • Fixed some issues with bookmarking Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed an issue with Limpets sometimes not being restockable at a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed an issue with Fleet Carrier shipyards incorrectly interacting with Powerplay control system effects.
  • Fixed an issue causing ship inventory numbers to be displayed incorrectly after selling items to a Fleet Carrier.
Background Simulation
  • Adjusted the way Retreat and Expansion conflicts are resolved: The Retreat state will now be overridden if another faction attempts to expand into the retreating faction's star system by challenging them. The resulting conflict will still evict either the expanding or the previously retreating faction as normal
Mining
  • Surface and sub-surface deposits on asteroids will no longer immediately respawn when re-entering the instance or switching to a ship launched fighter.
Galaxy Map
  • Fixed an issue which stopped Squadron Bookmarks appearing.
Installations
  • Fixed an issue with combat bonds not being correctly awarded for scenario objectives when over four players contributed.
Commodities
  • Galactic average prices were updated.
Stability Changes
  • Fixed an Orange Sidewinder connection issue when dropping into an instance with a Starport and Carrier Vendor.
  • Fixed a crash when entering the Commodity Market on a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed a crash when entering Holo-Me customisation at a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed a crash when purchasing a Fleet Carrier and immediately viewing it in the galaxy map.
ARX
  • Fixed a bug which meant that selected Fleet Carrier paint jobs would be removed when entering an instance.
Thanks for all of your feedback. Let us know how you find the changes and if any further issues arise!

o7

Hello Bruce, thanks for the update and there was an error i reported but i guess its not fixed :(

before jumping on to the supercruise yet, selected as the FC target and jump and you will see that a different FC is selected when the supercruise arrives.

will this be fix next time?

o7

The new galactic average prices should be much more reflective of the actual prices you'd see across the galaxy. Primarily this will mean that Fleet Carrier owners have more reasonable upper and lower limits for each commodity they'd like to trade.
So were the previous figures not correctly reporting the averages all this time, and now they're fixed? or were they correct before and now they're fudged?

Top Bottom