New galactic averages

Some averages have been adjusted with the patch today. The one that affects me the most:
LTD old: 57k
LTD new: 232k

Which means my FC can offer 2.3 million per ton?

Well, that's good news. It may actually be possible to turn a profit buying other player's mined LTDs. At the old price cap no one was actually willing to sell.

The new average now means players that are using exploits can now earn up to 10bil per hour... Cool patch FDev /facepalm
FDEV: Fix the economy, don't be afraid of backlash from whiners, they'll be gone from the game in a month anyway couse they will be bored by "getting everything". Instead you just made it worse. /facepalm

According to Dev:
The new galactic average prices should be much more reflective of the actual prices you'd see across the galaxy. Primarily this will mean that Fleet Carrier owners have more reasonable upper and lower limits for each commodity they'd like to trade.
If I understand it correctly,it sounds like station prices will not change, only FC will be able to offer more?

According to Dev:

If I understand it correctly,it sounds like station prices will not change, only FC will be able to offer more?
Agreed. I assume the 232k was the average already used by NPC stations, but the gal average used by carriers was outdated until today. I'm keeping my eye on new prices offered by these NPC stations and so far nothing has changed.

If the FC's can now set their own buying price of LTD's how are we, the small player to know who is offering the best price. Unless I travel to every FC I may get a low price If I sell to the nearest one. Anyone got any thoughts on this.

If the FC's can now set their own buying price of LTD's how are we, the small player to know who is offering the best price. Unless I travel to every FC I may get a low price If I sell to the nearest one. Anyone got any thoughts on this.
Just travel to every one if you want the best deal, that's how you find it. Otherwise it'll be the same as before with some players advertising their price with their ship's name.

Inara shows FC commodity prices. Look for carrier names that broadcast the best price.

Speaking of, would anybody like to LOAN me 1000 LTDs? I'll give them back, I promise! I just had a brilliant idea. I've got two PS4 accounts that I don't use anymore. My plan is to have those two CMDRs load up on Tritium and "live" on my carrier as an emergency fuel tank. Thing is, I have some wealth over on PS4 that I never had transferred over to PC. Using the same buy / sell mechanism that some of you used to transfer credits to me, I can in turn use LTDs to transfer my wealth from PS4 to PC! Clever, huh?

Once I'm done with the transfer, I'll sell the LTDs back to whoever loans them to me at the same price they sold those LTDs to me. I'm just using your LTDs to "launder" money in the quickest way possible from my old accounts to my new account.

1000 is a ballpark figure - make it whatever a Cutter can carry.

The new average now means players that are using exploits can now earn up to 10bil per hour... Cool patch FDev /facepalm
FDEV: Fix the economy, don't be afraid of backlash from whiners, they'll be gone from the game in a month anyway couse they will be bored by "getting everything". Instead you just made it worse. /facepalm

I wonder how to get those figures... the SLF exploit is patched, and mining 6.250 tons per hours was never possible, even with exploit.

Agreed. I assume the 232k was the average already used by NPC stations, but the gal average used by carriers was outdated until today. I'm keeping my eye on new prices offered by these NPC stations and so far nothing has changed.
The "galactic average" is completely independent of the price offered by any particular NPC station on its commodity market.

It does affect some NPC transactions around missions - modular terminals for example are up from 2282 to 2474 credits, which means that modular terminal mission rewards will cost you (slightly) more cash reward to take, but missions to source modular terminals (if they exist) will pay a bit more.

Basically - at least for purchasable commodities with relatively mild state effects - it's just a number between "what you can buy it for" and "what you can sell it for". Most of the changes today are bringing the Average back into line with changes to buy/sell prices made in 3.0, 3.3 or 3.6

I wonder how to get those figures... the SLF exploit is patched, and mining 6.250 tons per hours was never possible, even with exploit.
You see how far the game has come. Who said it has anything to do with mining, there is more to the game than just rock blasting? and no, I ain't gonna share it, and yes, it's been reported already.

Top Bottom