Newcomer / Intro The Dweller

I need to unlock this guy but I am wary about what I have to do and would appreciate any tips please.

He needs you to sell at 5 black markets and I understand that what I need to do is accept a mission in Li Yong-Rui Space with over 5 cargo items and then abandon the mission and keep the cargo. I then sell this cargo one by one at black markets in the area.

Problem for me is scanning. Will I get scanned and jailed doing this?

You don’t need to abandon any mission. Just pick up something that is illegal in your sell systems (narcotics or imperial slaves being good candidates).

Yes, you can get scanned with reprecussiobs if you are found to be carrying illegal goods. Don’t get scanned - it is called smuggling for a reason.

You don’t need to abandon any mission. Just pick up something that is illegal in your sell systems (narcotics or imperial slaves being good candidates).

Yes, you can get scanned with reprecussiobs if you are found to be carrying illegal goods. Don’t get scanned - it is called smuggling for a reason.
How do I not get scanned?

So can I buy an illegal good and then sell it straight away at the same station?

No, you can buy some goods in some systems that are illegal in others.

Pick up the illegal goods, go to the station with a black market, speed through the entrance giving them no time to scan you.

What I normally do is speed through top speed and as I’m passing through the slot, I slam my brakes on. Because I have the auto docking module it adds extra stoppage and 99% of the time stops me from hitting the back of the station.

Last edited:
So can I buy an illegal good and then sell it straight away at the same station?
No. That would not be much smuggling now would it?

Going above 200 m/s you generally will not be scanned. Silent running will work too. Heat sinks can reduce your thermal signature too.

Go to any RES and picked up the cargo that's been dropped. Or try and get lucky and find cargo in a degraded or some other emission. Non-military Outposts that aren't in lockdown never have security. You can fly in with contraband and waltz onto the bay if you like.

So whats the mechanics here? Get 5 dodgy cargo items and then head for a black market. Can I be scanned inside the station that I buy the goods at or on the exit from a station I am at having visited the black market there?

What do I do when I arrive in the system with the black market? At what point do I engage silent running and use a heatsink? How far away from the station do I need to be to start accelerating and make 200m/s at the slot?

Grab some slaves - they're very illegal in loads of places. NOT Imperial slaves - these people are subservient and like to be dominated.

Use a small, inexpensive ship with just a big enough hold to hold five. Seek out outposts with black markets in low security systems. Sell one slave at each of the five.

So whats the mechanics here? Get 5 dodgy cargo items and then head for a black market. Can I be scanned inside the station that I buy the goods at or on the exit from a station I am at having visited the black market there?

What do I do when I arrive in the system with the black market? At what point do I engage silent running and use a heatsink? How far away from the station do I need to be to start accelerating and make 200m/s at the slot?

They are not going to be illegal where you buy them are they.

Use outposts with black markets - no need for stealth - you won't get scanned there. (Only ships scan you, not stations etc.)

If you want to use stations then that's up to you, I wouldn't.

I have a black market in mine at Naraka...I wasn't sure what i was installing since the description wasn't very clear, but there you go, if you want to try it.

I did the 5 black markets thing and apart from paying 500k now just need to work out whether I can just donate commodities to the Dweller to get Lei Cheung unlocked or whether I have to actually engineer something?

Top Bottom