General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
We're most certainly building up to a civil war in America. There is no longer any doubt. Might be another year or two away, but it's coming.
I’m afraid you’re right, that’s my opinion too, and it will be very very bad, not some romantic scenario like some folks believe it will be warlords and chaos.

I’m afraid you’re right, that’s my opinion too, and it will be very very bad, not some romantic scenario like some folks believe it will be warlords and chaos.
Nope, not romantic at all. It's going to be hell on Earth.

Edit: Leo, if the media were not drumming it into everyone's head on a hourly basis you would never know there was even a problem. This is the biggest con job ever pulled.

The President of Brazil has tested positive for Covid-19.

LOL.

Mr_Burns.png
Exxxxcelllent.

We're most certainly building up to a civil war in America. There is no longer any doubt. Might be another year or two away, but it's coming.

Its just an advertising slogan for ammo and water purifiers.

Masks=civil war
Vaccines=civil war
School shooting=civil war
BLM protests=civil war
Statues toppled=civil war
I dropped my ice cream=civil war

Meanwhile you have an incredibly stable (mostly) two party democratic system that's been chugging along quite nicely for generations with no credible opposition whatsoever.

I’m just happy I’m waaay out, and very few people even know exist.
As usual, no matter what the problem is--pandemic/rioting/meteor strike/zombies--being well prepared out in the sticks is always going to be better than being caught in the middle of a major population zone.

@Leo, I consume it all. What it really depends on is the brain you process the available information with while avoiding confirmation bias.

The Virus is racist!
Latino and black residents in the US haven been far more likely to become infected as their white neighbors, across all countries and age groups! BLM need to get invoked here ASAP!

As usual, no matter what the problem is--pandemic/rioting/meteor strike/zombies--being well prepared out in the sticks is always going to be better than being caught in the middle of a major population zone.

@Leo, I consume it all. What it really depends on is the brain you process the available information with while avoiding confirmation bias.

I may be wrong but I can't help thinking that being out in the end of nowhere in some secret cabin/bunker is fine all the time no-one goes there.

If the wheels really come off then guess where all the budding Rambos are gonna be heading and your secret little hideaway becomes highly contested prime real estate by bigger nastier people with bigger nastier guns.

It's like freganisim (dumpster diving for thrown away food as so forth) - it only works when no-one else is doing it...

It has been a nice place here in recent weeks, with interesting Information shared, and good conversations . Can we keep that up somehow, please ?

I may be wrong but I can't help thinking that being out in the end of nowhere in some secret cabin/bunker is fine all the time no-one goes there.

If the wheels really come off then guess where all the budding Rambos are gonna be heading and your secret little hideaway becomes highly contested prime real estate by bigger nastier people with bigger nastier guns.

It's like freganisim (dumpster diving for thrown away food as so forth) - it only works when no-one else is doing it...

Thats a point about homestead prepping we a) have been discussing what seems decades ago and b) is funnily easily overlooked by a lot of people . If everything goes belly up catastrohpically, it will play out exactly as you wrote .

Last edited:
I fully take your point regarding selling guns and bullets to the gullible but I cannot accept that the American political system is in any way stable. Literally nothing gets done in Washington because the vested interests on both sides benefit massively by jamming the system up to a halt.

Nothing gets done=very stable indeed.

The Virus is racist!
Latino and black residents in the US haven been far more likely to become infected as their white neighbors, across all countries and age groups! BLM need to get invoked here ASAP!

More likely to be poor means more likely to live in cramped conditions, have a bad diet, underlying health issues and less ability to take time off to isolate. Also less disposable cash for sanitizer and masks and such. No mystery there.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Note to all: discussing politics is not permitted on these forums. Choosing to ignore this warning will result in reply ban(s); advisory(ies) and/or infraction(s).

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom