PvP Pvp is a joke

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The Cmdr sitting in his cockpit has in front of him a hotas NOT A DAMN MOUSE AND KEYBORD.

"These are the adventures of the new spaceship Enterprise, where Ensign Max is using Mouse and Keyboard to travel far worlds, fight evil forces and chat the Enterprise forums, like no one has ever done before"

I have seldomly seen a Joystick at Startrek actually. I remember one time, when the first Commander uses a single Joystick to manually fly. When the Enterprise ganked, they did it by Keyboard ;-)

"These are the adventures of the new spaceship Enterprise, where Ensign Max is using Mouse and Keyboard to travel far worlds, fight evil forces and chat the Enterprise forums, like no one has ever done before"

I have seldomly seen a Joystick at Startrek actually. I remember one time, when the first Commander uses a single Joystick to manually fly. When the Enterprise ganked, they did it by Keyboard ;-)
Hahhha good one. It hurts cose it's true.

Uh....DOOD.
Thanks for the rant, now have some popcorn.

You DO get that people in this game have tens of thousands of hours in Elite Dangerous playing, fighting and practicing in PvP?
I personally fly a cheapass Logitech joystick with keyboard and am at least between 65-75% on my win/loss percentage against Players.
Maybe you should stop complaining about equipment and start developing your SKILLS.

I REALLY don't care what control system you use. if you are NOT a better fighter than me, I am going to beat you in PvP. And judging by your post, you are NOT a very good fighter. You actually think that control systems have a bearing on the matter.

When I am teaching new students in helicopter training (I am a flying instructor in RL) I sometimes have to tell people "The R-22 is a VERY small helicopter. Leave your damn attitude in your locker. There's no room for it in the air."

Leave your damn attitude at the door, dude. You're preaching to people who have THOUSANDS of hours developing the precise skills you're complaining about. Stop ranting, shut up and LEARN from those who are very willing to teach.
Go fly your helli with a keyboard dude. I've tried M+K and it is superior hands. That win rate means nothing. Most people in ED are not pvp-ers. I am talking about the 10 percent dudes that do hardcore pvp. FA off easy mode engaged. The mouse should be used only for menu.

b e t
Say stuff like this and I don't even know your CMDR name.

Seriously, the abundance of idiotic threads like this one, started by self-proclaimed pvp experts whom you somehow can never know from any kind of actual ingame pvp events, nor from any of the relevant discords, is a joke.

Especially since it's utterly obvious after the first few words of their posts that they don't know what they are talking about.

Seriously, the abundance of idiotic threads like this one, started by self-proclaimed pvp experts whom you somehow can never know from any kind of actual ingame pvp events, nor from any of the relevant discords, is a joke.

Especially since it's utterly obvious after the first few words of their posts that they don't know what they are talking about.
Right and how did u figure that? I prefer not to have my name known. It is not important who I am. The issue here is unfair advantage.

I agree 100% OP. This is a spaceship flying game and you fly a spaceship with a HOTAS. The mouse should only work in the menus. Just as in racing simulators. If you want to race, you go out and buy yourself a steering wheel. If you can't afford one, too efffin bad! Go play Mario Cart with your keyboard. The keyboard flight controls can stay because you need to have something but if that's all you have, sucks to be you. What about the console players you whine? They all support HOTAS, go buy one. With 24 years of FPS behind me, I am perfectly devastating with Kb/M so spare me the gitgud. I just hate having it in Elite where it has no place. In short, level the playing field. Does this post sound arrogant? Good because it is and I don't care. You caught me in my rabid wolf mood.
X.
Thank you dude. I am being swarmed by pvp keyboard riders. I am glad you see the problem. It really bugs me.

Right and how did u figure that? I prefer not to have my name known. It is not important who I am. The issue here is unfair advantage.

There is no such issue, only in your imagination.

But okay, quick question: which team did win the last pvp league (about a month ago)?

There is no such issue, only in your imagination.

But okay, quick question: which team did win the last pvp league (about a month ago)?
I get it. It's clear you are using M+K and don't want to lose your advantage. I have an idea. Why not ask FD for a inflight toggle switch? Ahhh you guys already did. If I am wrong and you are a hotas user and a pvp-er then you must be a masochist. Also what you are doing it's called an ad hominem attack. Trying to invalidate me as a person and not adress the issue. Ha google it.

I agree, PvP is a joke. I get wrecked all the time in PvP and hardly ever win.

I use KB+M and it doesn't seem to help me that much.

What I'm trying to do about it is.... practice aka git gud!

@Sir Ganksalot what systems can I regularly find you in? I'm in the bubble at the mo and feel the need to get blown up more often 😀
I just parked at Shinrarta for the night. I'm usually around there or San Tu

I get it. It's clear you are using M+K and don't want to lose your advantage. I have an idea. Why not ask FD for a inflight toggle switch? Ahhh you guys already did. If I am wrong and you are a hotas user and a pvp-er then you must be a masochist. Also what you are doing it's called an ad hominem attack. Trying to invalidate me as a person and not adress the issue. Ha google it.
By making your thread about yourself with such claims as bragging about your PvP time, the subject of your thread is yourself, therefore discussing the person/poster is not a fallacy.

Swinging a list of logical fallacies around doesn't help if you don't know how to use them. Much like a HOTAS, in fact.

Deleted member 192138

D
You don't need to know it.
If you make claims you'll get asked to provide receipts. Otherwise assume people will think you're just talking out your rear end.
You say you've got more PvP hours than I've got gameplay hours.
You say that forms the basis for why your claims hold water.
You won't tell us who you are in game - so how can we fact check the evidence you use to support your claims?

I don't need to know who you are, I don't really care who you are, but if you're gonna talk big you should try to back it up.

By making your thread about yourself with such claims as bragging about your PvP time, the subject of your thread is yourself, therefore discussing the person/poster is not a fallacy.

Swinging a list of logical fallacies around doesn't help if you don't know how to use them. Much like a HOTAS, in fact.
How did u figure that also? Just because I said I have a lot of hours of pvp? Even the fact that I am raising this issue should tell you that I understand how things work. It does not matter anyway of I am good or crapp. The issur still exists. In top pvp play mouse wins.

How did u figure that also? Just because I said I have a lot of hours of pvp? Even the fact that I am raising this issue should tell you that I understand how things work. It does not matter anyway of I am good or crapp. The issur still exists. In top pvp play mouse wins.
A lot of people raise issues despite not knowing what they're talking about. See the number of "what I shot a cop and now I'm wanted?????" threads. Complaining about something is not evidence that you understand the subject.

If you make claims you'll get asked to provide receipts. Otherwise assume people will think you're just talking out your rear end.
You say you've got more PvP hours than I've got gameplay hours.
You say that forms the basis for why your claims hold water.
You won't tell us who you are in game - so how can we fact check the evidence you use to support your claims?

I don't need to know who you are, I don't really care who you are, but if you're gonna talk big you should try to back it up.
No need. It does not matter who I am. It only matters that I do pvp. The issue here is M+Kb=OP

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom