Thargoid Hunting

I am in the process of obtaining what is needed to go Thargoid hunting in the future. I am looking for advice on ship and modules/weapons needed. I am currently sitting on 5 Guardian Weapon Blueprint frags, 1 Guardian Blueprint module frag and a bunch of Guardian mats.

Let the advising begin...

But a couple of things.

Guardian Gauss cannons are the weapon of choice for Thargoid hunting. The others are fun, but not as effective. Slap 4 class 2 Gauss Cannons on there.

You'll want to get a Remote Release Flak launcher.

Guardian Module reinforcements are better than human ones, and thargoids can damage your modules through shields.

Heat sinks (Thargoids can't target you effectively if you are moving quickly and at below about 20% heat.)

Decontamination limpets can remove caustic damage, hopefully, you'd avoid that, but it might be good when your figuring out how to beat them.
Repair limpets can be very handy as you can repair while drafting away and taking out the swarm.

But a couple of things.

Guardian Gauss cannons are the weapon of choice for Thargoid hunting. The others are fun, but not as effective. Slap 4 class 2 Gauss Cannons on there.

You'll want to get a Remote Release Flak launcher.

Guardian Module reinforcements are better than human ones, and thargoids can damage your modules through shields.

Heat sinks (Thargoids can't target you effectively if you are moving quickly and at below about 20% heat.)

Decontamination limpets can remove caustic damage, hopefully, you'd avoid that, but it might be good when your figuring out how to beat them.
Repair limpets can be very handy as you can repair while drafting away and taking out the swarm.
Thanks. That's what I was kind of looking for. I expect to get my handed to me somewhat. I understand too that the ship build depends on whether hunting scouts or the other ones (can't think of the name). I now have 6 weapon blueprint fragments and heading back to pick up module ones. I was really in this for the FSD booster but I figured I wanted to do this down the road so might as well while I'm here get what I need for an anti xeno build.
Contact the AXI.

As Drelthar said... AXI is the knowledge base for all Zeno stuff.
Remember... Don't leave home without your limpets !

Thanks, gonna check that out now.

Shoot looks like I have my work cut out. Not sure how I should proceed. While ranking up, scouts seem to be the thing using a conda or Krait.

Any advice for someone who is ok at combat? I use a Federal Corvette for PvE combat. It's a tank and while it makes quick work it doesn't turn too good even with engineered thrusters. I do like the Kraits mobility and wouldn't mind trying a chieftan although it might not be suited for me looking at AXI.

I kill them with this:
You should swap out the GHRP for normal G5 engineered deep plated ones if available, guardian ones are only about the same as G3 engineered deep plating.

Also swap out the un-engineerable normal MRPs for Guardian ones (again they are roughly G3 engineered, better than normal for sure). And 2 MRP are optimal, any more and you start to get diminishing returns.

It is all explained to the AXI website and discord if you want to use the experiance and knowledge gained by some of, if not the, best AX pilots out there. The shipbuilds on there are second to none imo.

o7

Last edited:
You should swap out the GHRP for normal G5 engineered deep plated ones if available, guardian ones are only about the same as G3 engineered deep plating.

Also swap out the un-engineerable normal MRPs for Guardian ones (again they are roughly G3 engineered, better than normal for sure). And 2 MRP are optimal, any more and you start to get diminishing returns.

It is all explained to the AXI website and discord if you want to use the experiance and knowledge gained by some of, if not the, best AX pilots out there. The shipbuilds on there are second to none imo.

o7

o7 ZAK
Thanks for the tips. The reasoning behind my build is as follows:

I based my initial build on the AXI Chieftain and just tailored it to my fighting style.
I just happen to like the Crusader better and have other plans for it after I tire of the bugs.

What prevented my success most often was canopy blowout and caustic damage. The
GMRP's would get disrupted often if I got too close and lost their protection completely.
After adding enough GHRP and tons of regular MRP my problems went away. I'm now able to
survive until the final blow, collect the meat and land back at Copernicus with plenty
of hull left. Mind you, I am ignoring the Swarm for now.

Cheers,
X.

I think I'll start off by Scout hunting. The interceptors seem to be a bit more for the seasoned Goid hunter. I'll go with Krait MkII. Was wondering if I should go Guardian MCs (D2EA build) and Guardian Hull reinforcements for boost in caustic resistance. D2EA is using human engineered Hull Reinforcements.

Are any of the Guardian modules worth using?

I think I'll start off by Scout hunting. The interceptors seem to be a bit more for the seasoned Goid hunter. I'll go with Krait MkII. Was wondering if I should go Guardian MCs (D2EA build) and Guardian Hull reinforcements for boost in caustic resistance. D2EA is using human engineered Hull Reinforcements.

Are any of the Guardian modules worth using?
Guardian Module Reinforcements are the best you can get.

Start with turreted AXMCs on the Krait, get used to it a bit in nhss3-4, then swap 2 gauss in, let the AXMCs do the work and practice shooting gauss at the scouts.
They bob and weave, imo if you can hit a scout with gauss you can hit an exerted Cyclops heart.
Good luck CMDR👍
o7

Start with turreted AXMCs on the Krait, get used to it a bit in nhss3-4, then swap 2 gauss in, let the AXMCs do the work and practice shooting gauss at the scouts.
They bob and weave, imo if you can hit a scout with gauss you can hit an exerted Cyclops heart.
Good luck CMDR👍
o7
o7 Thanks. I plan on throwing on a Gauss. I need to expand my ability on shooting. I am too use to gimballed cuz I am lousy at combat but feel I have gotten better. Started to figure out how to stay with enemy NPCs and not joust so much although I use a heavily engineered Vette. I do like the manueverability of the smaller/medium ships and would love to try it now that I have a better grasp on combat.

P.S. what is nhss3-4? Sorry sometimes I don't catch the shorthand or acronyms of the game on here.

Guardian Module Reinforcements are the best you can get.
So I should run those on most things even nonAX ships? Like the Powerplant? I know the FSD booster was the main goal for me. But since this grinding for blueprint frags is annoying, I figured I'd get as much as I can.

Sorry for so many questions. I can watch youtube and read but sometimes I find contradictory stuff. Guess I can find that here too but at least I am interacting directly (in theory) with people that have done it.

A normal max engineered powerplant is better than a guardian one. Generally talking i would say guardian modules are sort of power hungry "off the shelf" G3 rated modules, roughly.

NHSS is non human signal source. The number after is the danger rating. So in nhss3 you will "probably" get 2 scouts. In nhss4 will "probably" get 4 scouts.
In nhss9 (highest), you will definatly get 4scouts, then a Hydra will wake in and well, open a full can of whupas on you.

I would leave NHSS9 for a bit 😉

Most important, cyclops goes 450ms, if you can out boost that, you can run away (in theory at least!)😃
I dont mind the questions, as long as you let us know how you get on🍻
o7

Top Bottom