ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the sunsets as currently modelled in ED on worlds with "tenuous" atmospheres appear a few different colours I think, not just blue. Whether it's accurate or not I'd hope Odyssey will be the same.

So Mars is red during the day due to dust in the atmosphere but blue grey at low light.
Dust in the Martian atmosphere has fine particles that permit blue light to penetrate the atmosphere more efficiently than longer-wavelength colors. That causes the blue colors in the mixed light coming from the Sun to stay closer to Sun's part of the sky, compared to the wider scattering of yellow and red colors.

The effect is most pronounced near sunset, when light from the Sun passes through a longer path in the atmosphere than it does at midday.

And seems most would have various blue shades depending on the gases in the atmosphere

Any planet whose atmosphere is dominated by gas will follow a similar pattern of longer wavelength-colors becoming more dominant at sunset, Ehler said. On Uranus, for instance, the gas particles of hydrogen, helium and methane in its atmosphere scatter the blue and green shorter wavelengths while absorbing (but largely not re-emiting) longer red wavelengths, according to NASA. This creates a bright blue sky that turns turquoise at sunset as blue light is scattered away relative to the longer, greenish wavelengths.

If a planet's atmosphere is dominated by something other than gases, everything about how the sunset appears is going to be different. Take the blue Martian sunset. "The density of atmospheric gas is only about 1/80 of what it is here," Ehler said of Mars. "The scattering is dominated by larger particles of dust."

VR on PS4? It says there’s an option for it, 😂
C5E8A980-2578-4917-B26E-383B3EB49C3A.jpeg

Hard to get excited for ED if it is just going to confirm that they abandoned VR for the future road map. Any other interesting space sims present at Gamescom 2020 ?

Hmmmm... Could be time to jump back in. ALso, Flight Sim 2020 next month. Time to get a new HOTAS. Is the X52 Pro any good?
My X-55 died and I got the Logitech X-56 to replace it. I'm happy. the analogue sticks on the throttle and stick now also work out of the box with Elite as analogue sticks.

Don't get me started about ED keymapping bugs though... the latest patch screwed me over again and with so many buttons to map it's just stupid. I made a backup this time though, so I've learned.

@Arthur Tolmie can I draw your attention back to this thread. The last formal update from the CM team was on page 198 on the 8th June. I know there has been a couple of comments made on the live-streams but can I ask you to give us a more formal response even if it is “there is nothing new to add at present but it is being discussed internally “
Thank you once again for your active community engagement in advance ;)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom