What other games are we all playing?

So, people who know about HZD, what is the deal with it? I really like how it looks, but from the small bits I've watched, it looks like generic 3rd person game 101, like it could as well be Tomb Raider 2400 or Assassin Creed: Post Apo. Is the story something special? Or is the combat particularly good?

So, people who know about HZD, what is the deal with it? I really like how it looks, but from the small bits I've watched, it looks like generic 3rd person game 101, like it could as well be Tomb Raider 2400 or Assassin Creed: Post Apo. Is the story something special? Or is the combat particularly good?
I've only ever watched YouTube vids on HZD gameplay and story line...back when it was a PS exclusive around 3 years or so ago now. I remember I wished it was available for the Xbox...

I definitely think the story is better than the average TR story, but on the other hand, Lara Croft is more "my type" than Aloy is. Regardless, it's a good game IMO.

It's open world Tomb Raider with robot dinosaurs. Could anything be more awesome than that?

I played the game! It is a great take on the post apocalyptic setting where man and machine that were once connected now try to live together in a balance akin to nature. I like the game for the world building it does as it does leave a great impact on those who like to pay attention to story. The combat is really fun as you could try out multiple weapons made from nature/robots that you buy from merchants/rewards from missions, and you would find new machines that require you to figure out how to defeat them, which has a great "I did it!" feeling once you have figured it out. It is especially enjoyable if you have an interest in nature and anthropology, it has a bit of a slowish start, but it gets faster and better as you go on. I recommend it! 😁👍

But I recommend going in blindly, do not look at trailers and stuff as it does destroy that feeling of discovery.

I played the game! It is a great take on the post apocalyptic setting where man and machine that were once connected now try to live together in a balance akin to nature. I like the game for the world building it does as it does leave a great impact on those who like to pay attention to story. The combat is really fun as you could try out multiple weapons made from nature/robots that you buy from merchants/rewards from missions, and you would find new machines that require you to figure out how to defeat them, which has a great "I did it!" feeling once you have figured it out. It is especially enjoyable if you have an interest in nature and anthropology, it has a bit of a slowish start, but it gets faster and better as you go on. I recommend it! 😁👍

But I recommend going in blindly, do not look at trailers and stuff as it does destroy that feeling of discovery.
I actually never watched a let's play and I know virtually nothing about the story except the prologue. I did do it intentionally in case I decided to buy PS4 and it worked out even better. I'm really excited about this. :)

Cheers. And yeah, that's why I don't want to look too much into it by myself.

I definitely think the story is better than the average TR story, but on the other hand, Lara Croft is more "my type" than Aloy is. Regardless, it's a good game IMO.

sRCeuU9.gif

The fact Aloy is a redhead got my attention...got a weakness for redheaded women, I married one despite my mothers dire warnings about the perils of redheads...The red may come out of a bottle these days...but it still makes my heart beat that little bit faster than any brunette or blonde could ever achieve ;)

The hand gesture is completed with her saying..."Don't you dare take photos of my bum!"

69A7IAw.jpg

Last edited:
Prepar3d V5 arrived, and since all my v4 addons seems to be updated to new version I jumped in and grabbed it. Massive FPS boost with all ORBX/ActiveSky and Aerosoft Airbus installed in comparison to Prepared V3, very happy with the new version.

12a230.jpg

Well now, this is definitely a refreshing twist on the Minecraft/NMS/Starcraft explore/fight/build/PvE conquest dynamic. Space walking Hardspace : Shipbreaker, move over for the Terran conquest!

here's a great first hour play through (no commetary). For an early release status MVP, game looks and plays as advertised on the tin.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2vDS6m_MtE

Last edited:
Deleted my base in Satisfactory, but not the playthrough. I'm gonna rwork the layout into more scalable form and the sky platform looked bad
Did the same a while back, then decided to build a mega base in the massive hole NE of the green starting zone, lots of concrete required and only three fatalities on site so far, two from hypertube incidents lmao :)

Did the same a while back, then decided to build a mega base in the massive hole NE of the green starting zone, lots of concrete required and only three fatalities on site so far, two from hypertube incidents lmao :)
I've restarted 4 playthroughs which I used mainly for exploring and getting whereabouts. Tier 7 was my farthest. This time I'd rather settle with my spot since it has so much stuff nearby - the location I discovered in a previous Northern Forest PT. It's at a cliffside which I intend to build over, too. I know the spot you describe - it will be air base again - but lofty - not awkward in between the hills. The chasms / cliffs are just too tempting to use for building. All the place you need for a boat load of foundations - maybe I get the Area mod for cutting down on the foundation placement.

Also sticking with Noita in between - but I barely go any better. Although I discovered quite a bit. I like how the stuff goes kablooie and tweak wands but the limited health gets me. Sometimes I cheat but I died even on a cheated run (don't use godmode, but heal in between).

got back into Titanfall2 recently after stalling on a boss fight, really enjoying it, some of the wall running stuff is a PITA though, I'm SO crap at that for some reason...could be I'm not a big fan of platforming. Although the time travel stuff was really good.

Also playing:
Assetto Corsa Competizione
BattleField 1
American Truck Sim
Destiny 2
COD WW2
Wolf The New order
Wolf2 The New Collossus
Prey '17
Project Cars 2

got back into Titanfall2 recently after stalling on a boss fight, really enjoying it, some of the wall running stuff is a PITA though, I'm SO crap at that for some reason...could be I'm not a big fan of platforming. Although the time travel stuff was really good.

Also playing:
Assetto Corsa Competizione
BattleField 1
American Truck Sim
Destiny 2
COD WW2
Wolf The New order
Wolf2 The New Collossus
Prey '17
Project Cars 2
Oh, BF1 still alive? I played that a bit but the erratic crashing got to me in the end. I loved playing conquest on the Alpes map. That first one was good mountain map.

Redone the basic production line in Satisfactory. Much more compact and neater now. I need reinforced plates now and screws. Lotsa screws. Probably even more. Not sure how I will scale the production later, for now I guess I'll fill containers and let it run for a while and reroute here and there. I'm not so hot on tweaking everything for balanced usage - last time I tried load balancing iron plates it was a cancer of splitters and mergers and the math still didn't add up. Maybe I still have no real idea how input and output numbers work. They seem inconsistent at times. Maybe bugs or typos in there too.

Made the ground floor ready for smelters. I already doubt it will suffice. I think I leave steel production offsite. Not sure. I have a likely spot over the lake. Got alternate recipe for steel ingots so there is that.
1st floor carries the basic production. Screw line is to go there still. Assemblers one more story up? Probably not worth for 4 or 5 assemblers atm. I need more concrete maybe and I found out the game hasn't Steam Workshop support so no Area edit mod - I'm not bothering with any complicated mod install procedures for now.

Top Bottom