ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update July 2020

Response ? You mean they constantly whine,salted and play drama queens ? Then yes ^^
And maybe we find it out one day you where all right or even wrong ^^.
Got a Headset by myself btw, and just pretty ordered the Hp reverb 2 but you never hear me drama around ^^

It's not whining - it's making clear our position that this game benefits too much from VR to simply drop it.

Buying out all resources? Sucking a planetary ring dry? I'm noooot entirely sure you know how this game works, man...
The resources in the universe are shared in real-time.

Some interactive nodes are instanced to each player respectively, but the commodities and resources are server-wide. If you buy Tritium at a station just before I arrive, I will not find any Tritium left for me to buy. Even if I am playing in Solo-play, and you are in open play, it still registers because that part of the game is server-wide. It still works like this, doesn't it? I'm sure it does last time I checked :unsure: <_< ¬

@Khoraak
When the Game was released there was so little Credits to make i flew
A Sidewinder for 2 Weeks
A Hauler for 3 Weeks dm*damit
A Cobra for 3 Months
A Vulture for 3 Months
To shorten this it takes me over a Year to afford an Anaconda so please stop wining ^^
Now I can afford a Carrier but I make my money the last 5 years (including Alpha) see you in 5 years with you're own ;)
Hm..on release, :unsure: as I remember it, I did the same but I went straight from a Sidey to a Cobra and then the grind up to a Krait mk2. But I guess it depends on what you prefer. I too had to grind quite a bit to get to Anaconda, but it was DEFINITELY NOT a year mate.. Not sure what you were doing <_<

Hm..on release, :unsure: as I remember it, I did the same but I went straight from a Sidey to a Cobra and then the grind up to a Krait mk2. But I guess it depends on what you prefer. I too had to grind quite a bit to get to Anaconda, but it was DEFINITELY NOT a year mate.. Not sure what you were doing <_<

You remember very badly then. Krait Mk.II didn't come out until 3.1, so that would be 2018 . Based on this it took you four years to get one. This assumes you bought the Conda after the Krait, meaning it took you longer than that to actually purchase said Conda

Well, in 2015, Got from Sidewinder to Cobra, then Type6 and AspX... The next one was Python.
I mostly used my AspX and Python for years before grinding ranks for a Clipper then a Corvette.

Greetings Commanders,

With the announcement of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey, we know you are excited and keen to learn more of whats to come.

Over the coming months we have some really exciting news and content to share with you. We will be kicking things off in August with a fantastic Developers Diary, which will show you some behind the scenes development of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.

We can't wait to show you more and we are excited to share this epic journey with you.

o7 Commanders

Can't say that I would be interested in buying anything new from FD unless there is VR support, spent real money on ARX just because I 'thought' FD deserved it for getting the FC patch in, now I feel betrayed and cheated being left with a broken game. What's the point of saying you can play the game however you like, then impose restrictions. If you loose you user base, you will cease to exist.

Those ships was not ingame at that time
It was a long time ago and I have spent many days doing other things since then, but it wasn't the point we were discussing. I just think a number od grumpy old timers are calling on me for some reason. But hey-ho, whatever gets you off I suppose <shrug>

And also, only a some parts of the patch, as it seems it did resolve a lot of those Adder issues that people were reporting.
Since there were no new announcements of fixes after the announcement of Patch 3, at least not any announcing anything actually done by the team, I have a feeling that the very welcome decrease in crashes had more to do with some unannounced server-side initiatives. Not that it matters, except that I'd like to know because I'm the curious sort, but at the end of the day what's important is that a bunch of people weren't crashing anymore, whatever it was that helped. :)

It doesn't matter what ships people had to grind for. Complaining about having to fly different starter ships, which is the point of the game in the first place, then calling someone else to stop "whining" complaining, is a little hypocritical but I didn't want to cause toxicity, but seems like the other parties have no issue with that. I prefer playing this game on my Amstrad if I'm brutally honest, where I engaged with many Kraits to my young heart's content. So I don't care if people find having to work their way up to something which takes a year to do an issue. For me, that is perfect timescale how Fdev did it. Because I don't need instant gratification in completing a game in a matter of days like others seem to need.

The point is, the game is messed up. If people are giving feedback it isn't "whining". Useless comments like that only serve to intoxify a discussion.

It is possible to roll back a previous version, AND retain saved player data. They are different entities. But alternatively, the areas in need of 'fixing' as it were could be edited. Such as implementing a step that prevents hotspots from overlapping. If I was Fdev, this is what I'd have been looking at trying to insert into the generation algorithm. If that is possible, I don't know but it sure is more interesting than being silly, calling each other whiners on here.

Top Bottom