Notice GalNet changes

One thing Frontier could have done (well, there's a lot of things Frontier could have done, of course, but just stay with me here...) is leave one person in charge of Galnet to make some articles to "lore-ify" the suspension of Galnet itself and create a small story out of that to explain its disappearance from the galaxy. A relatively low-input storyline covering the period until Galnet returns, rather than just let it all dry up without any in game indication.
Traditionally, the captain is the last man left on the ship....

And then there was one ....

kFL0VFn.png

Now if we can just get them to remove Powerplay 🤔

Why has it become so devoid of anything? I mean, they could have at least kept the automatically generated stuff in there. It's really strange why they can't just allow for basic community goals, like bounty hunting, either. I mean, were they even hard work to implement?

It's crazy considering how easy this game is to experience as a high fantasy science mystery fiction. Just read a few thousand pages of the craziest stuff written here and you know what I mean. A few lines here and there, some symbols, a few noises and a black ship appearing somewhere, and people were jumping around like mad.

The sad truth about Galnet that nobody seems to see is that is just get sick two years ago and now his just in terminal phases...
here is his health diagram
1595599195515.png

It's time to deal with the death acceptance process:
choc, deny, hanger, fear, sadness and finaly the acceptance... I think we are still stuck beetween deny and hanger

I just hope it's not spreading to the all game...

PS : I did my math from https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/ just ask me if you want the original spreadsheet

Last edited:
Why has it become so devoid of anything? I mean, they could have at least kept the automatically generated stuff in there. It's really strange why they can't just allow for basic community goals, like bounty hunting, either. I mean, were they even hard work to implement?
There was never any automatically generated community goals, they were hand crafted, with a Galnet Story, every week.
It's a resource cost they clearly don't feel is worth it now, hopefully that's just because they need the resource for Odyssey and CGs/IIs will come back later (and Galnet in general)

It's a resource cost they clearly don't feel is worth it now, hopefully that's just because they need the resource for Odyssey and CGs/IIs will come back later (and Galnet in general)

Odyssey feel like a whole game by it self. It brings new kind of game play, needs new AI for on feet oponent, a complete rework of the physical engine, a large ammount of new 3D assets and of course tons of background story and dialogs for the suposed NPC that we will meet. I won't be surprise that it take three or for years to dev. But like any gaming project the more you progress onit, the more it costs until the release and I think they are approaching the famous CUNCH period before the final realase that all the devs are fearing, thats why they are slowly redirected all their ressources on it.

AR
There was never any automatically generated community goals, they were hand crafted, with a Galnet Story, every week.

Are you telling me they couldn't automatically generate the community goals? Generic combat zone and bounty killing ones, or random materials required, much like the missions board?

AR

Are you telling me they couldn't automatically generate the community goals? Generic combat zone and bounty killing ones, or random materials required, much like the missions board?
I was going to give you a long answer explaining why creating community goals is a v.hard thing to do without causing in game problems, never mind translating/proofing the galnet text for 6? languages.

Suffice to say Frontier have a lot of skill with automated systems and if they could have done it with community goals they would have.

They could if they wanted to. Give me access to the CG API and I'll do it for them!

* English-only.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
What is even more disappointing is that on one hand they've very recently said (not a direct quote, but the meaning is retained): "Nothing changes - we still intend to use Galnet for in-game stuff like new ship releases etc." - and on the other hand we've had 2 IN GAME things happened recently - FC release by Brewer Corporation and the AXI Community Goal, which FDEV are officially endorsing and providing a decal for attending.

And yet there is nothing in Galnet on that. There is also no info in the Codex for Brewer.

Why say things and then just do the opposite?

What is even more disappointing is that on one hand they've very recently said (not a direct quote, but the meaning is retained): "Nothing changes - we still intend to use Galnet for in-game stuff like new ship releases etc." - and on the other hand we've had 2 IN GAME things happened recently - FC release by Brewer Corporation and the AXI Community Goal, which FDEV are officially endorsing and providing a decal for attending.

And yet there is nothing in Galnet on that. There is also no info in the Codex for Brewer.

Why say things and then just do the opposite?
Not to mention that they have removed the Vitadyne nano meds story. It was in the game, now it's gone.

Not to mention that they have removed the Vitadyne nano meds story. It was in the game, now it's gone.
Thats not surprising.

They're being called out for leaving a lot of stuff half-finished and being inconsistent on how they removed these game features.

I'm speculating but I think its pretty clear that the design philosophy now is better to have no function than a half-a$*ed function, and Galnet right now is sadly half-a$*ed.

Actions speak louder than words. And since FDev don't communicate at all its fair to say that this is the clearest message we're going to get.

Top Bottom