Notice GalNet changes

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
What is even more disappointing is that on one hand they've very recently said (not a direct quote, but the meaning is retained): "Nothing changes - we still intend to use Galnet for in-game stuff like new ship releases etc." - and on the other hand we've had 2 IN GAME things happened recently - FC release by Brewer Corporation and the AXI Community Goal, which FDEV are officially endorsing and providing a decal for attending.

And yet there is nothing in Galnet on that. There is also no info in the Codex for Brewer.

Why say things and then just do the opposite?

A typical developer's meeting at Frontier:

iu

What is even more disappointing is that on one hand they've very recently said (not a direct quote, but the meaning is retained): "Nothing changes - we still intend to use Galnet for in-game stuff like new ship releases etc." - and on the other hand we've had 2 IN GAME things happened recently - FC release by Brewer Corporation and the AXI Community Goal, which FDEV are officially endorsing and providing a decal for attending.

And yet there is nothing in Galnet on that. There is also no info in the Codex for Brewer.

Not to mention that they have removed the Vitadyne nano meds story. It was in the game, now it's gone.

Not to mention that they have removed the Vitadyne nano meds story. It was in the game, now it's gone.
Thats not surprising.

They're being called out for leaving a lot of stuff half-finished and being inconsistent on how they removed these game features.

I'm speculating but I think its pretty clear that the design philosophy now is better to have no function than a half-a$*ed function, and Galnet right now is sadly half-a$*ed.

Actions speak louder than words. And since FDev don't communicate at all its fair to say that this is the clearest message we're going to get.

on the other hand we've had 2 IN GAME things happened recently - FC release by Brewer Corporation and the AXI Community Goal, which FDEV are officially endorsing and providing a decal for attending.
There's an AXI community goal?
Gee, would be nice to have had some means of finding out about it, like, I dunno, some sort of ingame system that tells me this kind of thing.

What GalNet should be (just IMO):
divided into channels:

music
fiction stories
channel for player hosted shows - can advert wings, goals, missions, player run events etc
actual game related stuff -- ship reviews, new discoveries, thargoid reports, etc

time to end the always have baked content and start fleshing out the game, and improving the QoL features for players.

Top Bottom