Game Discussions Microsoft Flight Simulator

I've just spotted the news that the HP Reverb G2 will have support at launch (though actually the headset is only available the month after launch of the game). I have the Reverb G2 on pre-order. This news made me smile. :D

Though I have a horrible feeling it will finally be time to replace my 980Ti!

Edit: And I see I wasn't the first to spot this. :)

I've just spotted the news that the HP Reverb G2 will have support at launch (though actually the headset is only available the month after launch of the game). I have the Reverb G2 on pre-order. This news made me smile. :D

Though I have a horrible feeling it will finally be time to replace my 980Ti!

Edit: And I see I wasn't the first to spot this. :)

It just feels like Christmas when I was a kid. :)
Yeah, I also think my PC will need to stretch its legs to run it (7700k/16GB RAM/1080ti all overclocked on air as much as possible). :)

It just feels like Christmas when I was a kid. :)
Yeah, I also think my PC will need to stretch its legs to run it (7700k/16GB RAM/1080ti all overclocked on air as much as possible). :)

I just got an email from my preorder supplier (SystemActive) stating that the order had been sent to HP and was processing at their factory. I then checked the site, and it has gone up by over £100 (now £639), so I'm even more pleased I got in when I did! And the email implies that I will be getting my headset before the first batch, as part of the promotional run... But I'm not entirely convinced of that.

I just got an email from my preorder supplier (SystemActive) stating that the order had been sent to HP and was processing at their factory. I then checked the site, and it has gone up by over £100 (now £639), so I'm even more pleased I got in when I did! And the email implies that I will be getting my headset before the first batch, as part of the promotional run... But I'm not entirely convinced of that.

Good for you, I had to preorder on Bestware as otherwise it is not available here. So all I've got is an e-mail that confirms the payment.
I preordered early July though, so here is hope they will ship as first come first served.

Edit: It seems there is a price increase everywhere from now on.

Last edited:
He needs to talk faster....
He's Canadian...haven't they got a licence to talk gibberish already? :D

Just pre-installing it anyway...since I get it free with Microsoft Gamepass...seems it just installs a marker for digital ownership which is a bit disappointing, thought I'd save time by preloading it...ah well.

Last edited:
One thing to bare in mind is the power of your pc. This thing needs a beefy graphics card to show its colours.

Digital foundry have a video playing the SIM in 4k ultra with a ryzen 3900x and 2080ti and its hitting between 30-40 frames a second.
If you go to a more mainstream graphics card like Radeon 580 or Nvidia 1060 then at 1080p medium settings your looking at around 40 frames a second.
Nvidia cards seem to be performing better in the build they had. However they were using dx11, so dx12 may balance things out a bit for Amd.

The demanding nature of this game is also worth baring in mind if you want to take up the vr option when its available. I think its safe to say you will need to be chugging 2080ti, Titan level cards to play at higher detail levels

Digital foundry also said the game appears to bottle neck quite a bit on the CPU, So run an older CPU and your SIM may take a further hit performance wise.

Last edited:
One thing to bare in minding is the power of your pc. This thing needs a beefy graphics card to show its colours.

Digital foundry have a video in 4k ultra with a ryzen 3900x and 2080ti and its hitting between 30-40 frames a second.
If you go to a more mainstream graphics card like Radeon 580 or Nvidia 1060 then at 1080p medium settings your looking at around 40 frames a second.
Nvidia cards seem to be performing better in the build they had. However they were using dx11, so dx12 may balance things out a bit for Amd.

The demanding nature of this game is also worth baring in mind if you want to take up the vr option when its available. I think its safe to say you will need to be chugging a 208ti, Titan level cards to play at higher detail levels

Digital foundry also said the game appears to bottle neck quite a bit on the CPU, So run an older CPU and your SIM may take a further hit performance wise.
My main concern is my net connection...I have a fairly decent rig. One of the penalties for living somewhere where everyone else doesn't :confused:

qltU1ho.png

He's Canadian...haven't they got a licence to talk gibberish already? :D

Just pre-installing it anyway...since I get it free with Microsoft Gamepass...seems it just installs a marker for digital ownership which is a bit disappointing, thought I'd save time by preloading it...ah well.
The Tim Horton's they opened here lasted about a year. :)

News of my demise is greatly exaggerated. ;)

So it seems as though some content creators have gotten the green light to share gameplay now. Here's Quill18's first video (of three so far) on MSFS 2020:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oHHfyBlZoQ

Mod hat is permanently off now? :)

One thing to bare in mind is the power of your pc. This thing needs a beefy graphics card to show its colours.

Digital foundry have a video playing the SIM in 4k ultra with a ryzen 3900x and 2080ti and its hitting between 30-40 frames a second.

The demanding nature of this game is also worth baring in mind if you want to take up the vr option when its available. I think its safe to say you will need to be chugging 2080ti, Titan level cards to play at higher detail levels

CPU-wise they didn't mention whether clock speed or core count what matters most, I certainly hope that my 7700k @ 4.8Ghz will keep up.
I have a 1080ti, I'm not worried about the performance on 1440p, but in VR I think I'll need to go for mid settings with cartoon clouds. :)
I don't think even next gen top-tier GPUs will be up for the task to give it justice in VR.

Top Bottom