ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I was just about to add that everyone will be delighted if fdev can allow VR for space/atmos and include a way to transition out of VR for on foot.

And then Arioch proves me wrong :sneaky:

But really, that is the best we can get and I think almost* everyone would be delighted if that was the result.

I was just about to add that everyone will be delighted if fdev can allow VR for space/atmos and include a way to transition out of VR for on foot.

And then Arioch proves me wrong :sneaky:

But really, that is the best we can get and I think almost* everyone would be delighted if that was the result.
Pleasure to have been of service :D

I disagree about it being the best we could get, but I’ve spoiled myself by using the camera suite too much in VR. I will be delighted if I can get VR flight / SRV on the new worlds, though.

Pleasure to have been of service :D

I disagree about it being the best we could get, but I’ve spoiled myself by using the camera suite too much in VR. I will be delighted if I can get VR flight / SRV on the new worlds, though.
I agree having full VR first person would be good, I mean that they aren't developing it and it would take time to do that. The best we can get and have the update released on time will be a VR compromise. Which most people would be over the moon with.

I agree having full VR first person would be good, I mean that they aren't developing it and it would take time to do that. The best we can get and have the update released on time will be a VR compromise. Which most people would be over the moon with.
I’d much rather EDO release on time without VR, but with the assurance that it would defo pinkie swear promise be implemented at a later date, than have a compromised solution for launch.

I think the launch compromise would become the all yer gonna get...

Personally, I would be content to pull my HMD off on landing in EDO, I am going to be changing controller anyway. Long term I would like to stay in the headset throughout, but that would be an acceptable compromise in the short term.

I had another disturbing thought, from the perspective of a VR player who would be defacto forced to stay with horizons, will these new planets with tenuous atmospheres be a modification made to ones that are currently landable in horizons, as in will Odyssey take away planets that are currently landable from horizons? There are a lot of cool places out there that are at the planetary mass that would have sufficient pull for a tenuous atmosphere, many of which already have starports on them that can be landed on in horizons.

I had another disturbing thought, from the perspective of a VR player who would be defacto forced to stay with horizons, will these new planets with tenuous atmospheres be a modification made to ones that are currently landable in horizons, as in will Odyssey take away planets that are currently landable from horizons? There are a lot of cool places out there that are at the planetary mass that would have sufficient pull for a tenuous atmosphere, many of which already have starports on them that can be landed on in horizons.

Thats very disturbing what you making up there ^^.
Why the hell should become atmosphere free Plantets become a atmosphere ?

Why should take Odyssey Planets away ?
Do you think there are not enough Planets with thin atmosphere out there already?
They are quite common so........
Or you just cant stop to Drama around? ,;)

They can't do that. You have paid for the right to land on those planets already. They will not be removed from horizons and added to Odyssey.

OMG what if they take away the ability to turn left as well? I mean they could ... AARRGGHH!!!!
It's alright a dataminer told me you will be able to buy that back with ARX, and if you don't want to use your ARX, you can just make like UPS Drivers:

They do seem to be taking the game in a new direction ;)

I like the game I bought. Don't really mind what they add, not keen on stuff being taken away without justification.
No argument from me. Other from the 'ermahgerd what if!' theorycrafting, there hasn't been any actual suggestion of stuff being taken away.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom