Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update - Patch 4 Patch Notes

I said including scans. You do FSS on the go, and sometimes DSS.
Also something not right there, I do 72ly with full fuel and SLF installed. If remove SLF and empty slot - 76+ly. With 16t extra fuel - 74ly.
And I think I have more defence, have better shield and guardian shield booster.
And that is not limit, can do more if visit Colonia engees.
I wasn't putting my Conda build up against your's.

My point was your maths.

A carrier can go 500Ly in one jump and deploy a ship to honk one system in 20 minutes.

A Conda can go 1,400Ly in 20 jumps and honk 20 systems in 20 minutes.

I don't even know what you're arguing about. I think you just like arguing.

(...)

Feel free to type fake news, I won't be listening.

The are fake news on this forum, this is true.

Number one generally is "We cant mine Tritium anymore,/ no more then 25-50 pro hour!" etc.
Which is a lie, unless someone honestly does not not know about SSD mining - then it's just ignorance.
PS. Yes, I know you can't SSD mine enough Tri to fill your tank in reasonable time.
It's still more then laser mining before the patch. in single hotspot This makes blaming patch for "no-can-do" illogical and
delusional,
if I had to follow your style of posting.

Number one for me personal, is accusing me of "there is no problem with (Tririum) mining " lie.
Of course conveniently missing details of my statements to twist the real meaning and all those posts where I explicite write what is broken and what is not is purely accidental :)

Last edited:
Yes, yes, we all understand that you are the supreme player

It's a pretty funny narration, and even more if you notice that I just wrote a few posts ago, how

ANY PLAYER, EVEN NEW

could become a billionare in a few days.

It kind of invalidates your acrimonious remark.
IF you care about such details in dispute.
Some people are missing too much information to REALLY hit someone with words, and shot themself in the foot instead.

It's a pretty funny narration, and even more if you notice that I just wrote a few posts ago, how

ANY PLAYER, EVEN NEW

Some people are missing too much information to REALLY hit someone with words, and shot themself in the foot instead.
Iceman:

If it's so easy to make money, why are there not a hundred thousand carriers out there? A million?

Laziness? I think that's unlikely. People will go to extreme lengths in this game to grind for what they want. Circumnavigating the galaxy, for example.

Frontier's architecture is struggling with the number of carriers right now. They picked the wrong gating mechanism.

To control the money flow (futile), they blew up large sections of carrier play, and mining.

A few can always make lots of money. Some of us are here just to have fun. Beyond a certain point, credits reach the end of utility (except for maybe carriers).

Frontier failed as a Game Master. They are convinced that Odyssey will redeem the franchise. That's next year. Right now, things are not going exactly as planned...

OK I get it.
FC should be available to anyone.
It's just a larger Sidewinder with some upgrades.

I see nothing wrong in FC, AFAIR an "end game" asset being available only to commanders who don't have anything to grind anymore and have more credits then they could spend.

We have other opinions. FD chose "FC for peasants" option, that makes no any sense other then RL priorities/game world coherence - cash for ARX, as someone mentioned here already.

W.T.F is "FC for 'peasants'"?!?!? Who are YOU to call anyone a "peasant" if they don't happen to be spilling credits from every pocket? This is a GAME - EVERYTHING in it is for EVERYONE to acquire.

ANY PLAYER, EVEN NEW

No, not really... while it IS possible for anyone to become a billionaire in a few days, you're assuming everyone chooses to play the kind of game you prefer and mine the hell out of painite. There are many players who have never and never will mine because it holds no interest for them. Becoming a billionaire without mining is something that requires more than "a few days" effort. See what arrogance gets you? You were so wrapped up in your own little world that you assumed everyone else wants to live it.

No, not really... while it IS possible for anyone to become a billionaire in a few days, you're assuming everyone chooses to play the kind of game you prefer and mine the hell out of painite. There are many players who have never and never will mine because it holds no interest for them. Becoming a billionaire without mining is something that requires more than "a few days" effort. See what arrogance gets you? You were so wrapped up in your own little world that you assumed everyone else wants to live it.

Haha.
You missed the context again.
I was about new players being ABLE to save for an FC after a few days of grinding what resulted in massive number of FCs owned by clueless "noobs".

A CHOICE of anyone to NOT grind credits with mining is absolutely irrelevant to this case.
If someone is driven by goal of buying FC, he will grind credits by the most efficient way.
It's logical.

Last edited:
W.T.F is "FC for 'peasants'"?!?!? Who are YOU to call anyone a "peasant" if they don't happen to be spilling credits from every pocket? This is a GAME - EVERYTHING in it is for EVERYONE to acquire.

Haha again.

No, everything is not for everyone, this is no communism simulator.

You have to grind credits / ranks etc to buy some assets.
Like in (almost) every other game.

IMO FCs were too easy to acquire for new players, because credits grinding was OP.

Now, that you may have understood what you were answering to - treating "peasants" LITERALLY is really amusing.

IF the sell-price is 980K and IF the demand hasn't dropped to zero by the time you get there with the overly aggressive supply/demand system.

Oh, a case of "clueless" commander I have been writing about, not knowing the mechanics of game and seeing imagined problems.

Painite demand is NOT global and it's decrease after sale is NOT permament (unlike LTD).
It resets about every 15 minutes.

I really tried to test when exactly triggers penalty drop for the Painite currently.
It was supposedly at 25% and I was having 29% of demand in cargo with no price drop, after it was reduced by my previous sale.
"Unfortunately" before I managed to come back with the 2nd following batch, demand was always already reset to original, higher value.

So "unfortunately" I have sold 7 x 232t batches at original demand of 1033t in a quickly following rounds with NULL price penalty.

I hope this info will be useful to someone :)

Last edited:
Iceman:

If it's so easy to make money, why are there not a hundred thousand carriers out there? A million?
(...)

My guess is : probably because number of players playing ED frequently enough to have a chance to save for a carrier even considering absurd mining hourly earnings is
"a bit lower" then A million.

More like a few thousands per platform (PC/PS/XBOX).
I will not do googling for you, but there are stats to be found.

What makes the number of 12.000 carries in ED very fitting to my opinion, that is was too easy to acquire FC.

And it's even not like EVERY player wants FC.
Even if he can afford it ATM.

Sorry, but I just ignored rest of post after I noticed how detached from reality was the first sentence.

Last edited:
If we have more carriers than coriolis starports in galaxy carriers ARE too easy to reach, I don't care, that somebody don't mine. We are talking about POSSIBILITY of making billions in few days. Not about "how many % of new players listen reddit masters and go mine even in adder"

I'm sitting in front of a cracked asteroid that my abrasion blaster can't abrade... looking forward to that getting fixed in this patch since we've been reporting it since the last one! /s

I'm sitting in front of a cracked asteroid that my abrasion blaster can't abrade... looking forward to that getting fixed in this patch since we've been reporting it since the last one! /s

I guess you should know the trigger of bug already.
You have to choose: surfase/SSD deposits or core.
Because if you mine anything else before cracking the rock, surface deposits will be immune to blaster.

I guess you should know the trigger of bug already.
You have to choose: surfase/SSD deposits or core.
Because if you mine anything else before cracking the rock, surface deposits will be immune to blaster.

Yeah, I do... a shame because I would always mine the rest of the rock before cracking it.

Thx!

Yeah, I do... a shame because I would always mine the rest of the rock before cracking it.

Thx!

OK, just wanted to make sure you know the trigger.

I assume you have forgotten about is,
or... you just needed to add some "dramatic vibe" :
"I am just sitting (...)".

No attacking you, just curious because I admit I do it sometimes myself - write about something that happened earlier,
like it was right now - I find it a "tolerable" trick to spice up content ;)
People ten to react stronger to an event that happens IN THIS MOMENT or just happened.

If you don't completely make up a story, it's not a lie - just "phase-shifted" experience sharing :)

5 hours mining for a jump?
Maybe with pickaxe in Odyssey :)
My FC is topped with Tri, so it's as heavy as it gets.
And is using less then 200t of Tri for 500ly max range jump.
Guess what is my Tri SSD mining hourly rate in single SSD hotspot.
Yes, about 200t/h.

EDIT my bad, I have checked wrong sheet in my table.
It's more like 250t/500ly jump ATM.
It makes rest of post 25% wrong initially ;)
Still, I need 1h15 minutes of mining for a jump.

1h, when I will use some of Tri I have in cargo now.

Coincidence?

I would laugh my *** off, if after the patch laser mining Tri would gave similar yields.
It would make clear, that FD has planned "one hour mining per jump" efficiency from the beginning.
To be fair though Just Ice, Frontier has to produce gameplay that fits the MAJORITY of it's players.
Not every cmdr is capable of Mining 200T/hr of Tritium or anything for that matter.
I'm no novice at Mining but the best I've got for a 4-5 hour Mining session was about 275T Tritium & 75T VO's.
(Just like Combat, some players argue it's too easy & want Frontier to make Combat harder, but other's struggle & are constantly told to 'git gud').
Frontier can't just base their options upon what the best player's can achieve in each area & stuff the rest of the playerbase.

My opinion is that as a 'fuel' Tritium should never have been placed in rings as a commodity to Mine, this action has had a 'butterfly' effect on every other commodity & Hotspots in those rings.
Too late now, what's done is done, Frontier now have to get the balances right FOR ALL THE MINERS, not just the elite one's...........this could take some time!

(...) t the best I've got for a 4-5 hour Mining session was about 275T Tritium & 75T VO's.

Did you mine Tritium from subsurface deposits?
What kind of hotspot / overlap was this ?

I am asking because I do NOT consider myself a "very efficient" miner or "very skilled" pilot and I manage to mine from SubSurfaceDeposits 160-200+t Tri per hour in any single Tri hotspot.
That's why when I see someone's result MUCH lower I assume first it's problem of chosing wrong tool or wrong spot.

Of course I may just underestimate my skills by being too harsh on myself - when I do a mining run I notice my mistakes / not efficient choices / sloppy maneuvers frequently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom