Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update - Patch 4 Patch Notes

It's not right or wrong - it's THEIR choice. You aren't the Elite Dangerous Police to chastise those who don't follow your holy word. You made your point 30 odd pages ago yet you are still trying to "convert" people like some zealot.

PS. I managed to see it before leaving.
You seem to answer to something else, it was not a sentence about their choice but mine, how to react to delusions that "everybody" is doing as bad as they.

Last edited:
Ah ok mis-understood. In that case, you are just rising to the bait......it's the same as these "Open Letter" crowds speaking for the community. The "community" in that case is a few YouTubers and some followers, handful of forumites, and that's it. I would hazard a guess at 50 people tops.......from a user base in the 10's maybe 100's of thousands. Hardly representative of the community is it.

Likewise, people posting "mining is broken - everyone in FCs are stranded!" are speaking for themselves, the few people who bother to post on the forum, and a couple of bods in System chat who were complaining about it

Remember your audience - this place is as far away from the miners discord as you can get.

<Puts soapbox away> :)

I feel sorry for the peeps that are genuinely stranded 1000s of light years away from where they want to be. I am not as stranded as you peeps and I wish I had the time to come and help everyone out there. Hopefully FDev get things sorted and roll the patch out on time so you can get moving again.

As for the guy who claims he/she can mine 250 tritium per hour, I think you're talking out your rear end. You may be able to do this once maybe twice but not at a constant rate and if you are then post some vids to prove this. I SSD mine tritium and I'm lucky to get 150 units an hour. As for calling peeps names for being stranded and claiming they are not stuck, I think you need to look up the reasons why they are stuck before judging them and calling them names or whatever. People are stuck and need FDev to get laser mining tritium back to where it was before FDev screwed it up with the last patch.

o7.

If was still there, I would ask who was this about.
Surely not about me, because I wrote this:

You need to spend at least 100 man hours to mine 20.000+t of Tritium in Deep Space (and Colonia atm.)

And my yields I wrote about were like this:

With Tri we have luckily an EMERGENCY solution - SSD mining with pre-nerf results.
I did 160-210 t/h.

Luckily I am unsubscribed, so I won't be wasting my time again proving that I am not a polar bear some seem to take me for.

Your are wrong. Read my post above and learn. Let me tell you this from someone who is currently deep in the Formidine Rift and would be thoroughly stranded, as you say. Rest assured I'm not. But as I said, it most likely will be all moot after the Monday patch.
How am I wrong?
What if people only brought a laser mining ship with them on their journeys. Got somewhere and found that they couldn't 'laser' mine enough fuel to jump to the next system, never mind a system with an icy ring in any reasonable amount of time?
They couldn't mine SSDs because they only brought a 'laser' to mine fuel (which, I believe FDev intended in the first place as well as SSD mining). Is it their fault they cannot SSD mine tritium?. To me and quite a few others I believe, are genuinely stuck being unable to mine enough fuel in any reasonable amount of time until (like you said) FDev sort this mess out. After all they (FDev) acknowledged there was a problem in the first place and filled everyone's FC tank up to put people on. And as you said this will probably be mute after Monday's patch anyway if it's not been delayed again.

For what it's worth (nothing I guess, as it most likely will be changed with patch 4), I can again confirm one of my former observations: LTD hotspots are indeed seriously screwed. Subsurface content on glowing rocks is virtually useless here, all I can find is bromellite, water, methane clathrate and the like, if anything then Tritium (but much less than in Tritium hotspots). Intrinsic content of Tritium is even more prominent here than in Tritium hotspots themselves, which looks very odd. I couldn't find a single core so far, no matter what mineral type. If I would be looking for LTDs in the first place, I would currently prefer Tritium hotspots.

Someone who isn't aware of these oddities can very well come to the conclusion that LTD mining is close to impossible (which is not, just at the wrong place). Tritium is ok though, both in LTD and Tritium hotspots, just differently. That said, I can meanwhile understand the confusion and different perceptions of miners. I'd say it's high time to smoke the peace pipe (for now at least) and let's wait until Monday...

If the game could be (at least partially) debugged, I would be a really good start :)

EDIT: I am talking mainly about the non-hotspots issue here, not the numbers.

Last edited:
(...)What if people only brought a laser mining ship with them on their journeys. (...)

It's exactly why I was against making FCs available to "fresh" player.
Because only newbie could expect FD to NOT introduce changes turning the game inside out sooner or later :)
Unless someone was not paying attention to what was going in the last five years.

PS Don't take this comment too serious, it's FDev to blame of course.
But most of players I know that are exploring with FC support took everything they could ever possibly need with them.
Ship modules and ships have no weight/capacity.
Only facilities that are stocking them.

How am I wrong?
What if people only brought a laser mining ship with them on their journeys. Got somewhere and found that they couldn't 'laser' mine enough fuel to jump to the next system, never mind a system with an icy ring in any reasonable amount of time?
They couldn't mine SSDs because they only brought a 'laser' to mine fuel (which, I believe FDev intended in the first place as well as SSD mining). Is it their fault they cannot SSD mine tritium?. To me and quite a few others I believe, are genuinely stuck being unable to mine enough fuel in any reasonable amount of time until (like you said) FDev sort this mess out. After all they (FDev) acknowledged there was a problem in the first place and filled everyone's FC tank up to put people on. And as you said this will probably be mute after Monday's patch anyway if it's not been delayed again.
And that IS plausible.
On my 2nd trip in the black 3-4 weeks back I did just that.
Intending to go SSD Mining but forgot to load the damn launchers on my Ship, thought I'd stored them but didn't have any in storage to transfer to my Carrier.

Clearly not everyone wants to do it.

98% of your posting history is in this thread - constantly ramming 250t per hour for SSD tritium mining down peoples throats. We get it. You made that point clear in your 1st post.

Yet 160 (give or take) posts later you are STILL going on about it. I am watching this thread to see if there are any updates about the patch - not to read/skip an unending stream of drivel about your mining accomplishments. 1 or 2 people in this thread have a love affair with your accomplishments, but on the whole, no one cares - certainly not after 160 posts.

Edit: I refer to 98% loosely - I didn't get my calculator out.
He will repeat this as long, as people can't understand, that we have option to mining good amount of fuel.

Simple.

And people will keep repeating they are stranded etc etc so an update thread about a patch, perpetuates into a never-ending cycle of whining and counter-whining.

Story of ED forums I guess. Oh well.

Guys, how I read this the carriers are now/will be sold to the price of 2 billion credits? Im very dismayed with this. You should, in all honesty, reimburse those of us who paid 5 bill. credits for our carriers. It's not fair.

Deleted member 38366

D
Guys, how I read this the carriers are now/will be sold to the price of 2 billion credits? Im very dismayed with this. You should, in all honesty, reimburse those of us who paid 5 bill. credits for our carriers. It's not fair.

There's not a single word about a price reduction in the Patch Notes... I take it your concerns are unfounded.

Sure, mate. It's on the Fleet Carriers - Patch 3, below the text "Limited Purchasing on Fleet Carriers", link here:

Sure, mate. It's on the Fleet Carriers - Patch 3, below the text "Limited Purchasing on Fleet Carriers", link here:

Right. Thanks. That is not the price of the FC but to do with purchasing orders and selling stuff. The FC is still and will remain 5bn.

Elite Dangreous Unpatch small.jpg

Top Bottom