Questions from a PS4 player who has just moved to pc.

Hi guys,

Finally made the jump to PC after playing on the PS4 from when it was released on that platform however i do have a couple of questions before i dive in on pc now.

1) is there such a thing as account transfer? On ps4 i have every ship in the game except a fleet carrier etc,any chance I could possibly get them all transferred to my pc version or do I just start at the begging in a sidewinder again?

And 2) On pc I know we can change the HUD colour from that ghastly orange, now finally im on PC this is the first thing i want to do before setting off back into the black. Does anyone know of a good guide on how to to this please?

Many thanks for your answers.

Be safe Commanders!
o7

Transferring from a PS4 account to a PC or any other transfer is all about your assets and nothing else. Frontier does it one time or maybe more. Not sure. We're talking credits only and nothing else. You did all the work opening up Engineers on the PS4? Start all over with the PC. Personally keep the PS4 account and start all over with a new PC account. They often go on sale in the Fall costing very little usually in October. Buy two on the PC. The good news is knowing how to play the game it will be a short trip to come up to speed with the PC version. Then you have one for the bubble and another for exploring. Being that I'm not patient enough to do serious exploring without going nuts it worked for me. You decide.

Regards

Last edited:
Thankyou all for your replies. Think by the sounds of it i will just keep my ps4 account and start afresh on the PC. Just purchased the pc version last night to test out my new rig which is an i7 10700K with an RTX 2060 super 8 gig. So far after the training missions it looks so much sweeter on the pc than on console.

A couple of further questions if no one minds please:

Does anyone use a DS4 on pc? Tried using mine but couldn’t get the map etc up no matter what button I tried. And are there any nice sociable squadrons I could possibly join?

Many Thanks.
o7

Last edited:
Thankyou all for your replies. Think by the sounds of it i will just keep my ps4 account and start afresh on the PC. Just purchased the pc version last night to test out my new rig which is an i7 10700K with an RTX 2060 super 8 gig. So far after the training missions it looks so much sweeter on the pc than on console.

Does anyone use a DS4 on pc? Tried using mine but couldn’t get the map etc up no matter what button I tried. And are there any nice sociable squadrons I could possibly join?

Many Thanks.
o7

Try using the "default config" option when setting the controls.

Many Thanks.
o7

For Squadrons:- https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-new-player-looking-for-active-squadron.551952/

Or find more from the discord:- https://discord.gg/elite

1) is there such a thing as account transfer? On ps4 i have every ship in the game except a fleet carrier etc,any chance I could possibly get them all transferred to my pc version or do I just start at the begging in a sidewinder again?
I'm sure people have given you the default way of doing this. I did something different - I started as a begger in a Sidewinder and eventually ended up a begger with a new fleet carrier. I then used this fleet carrier to transfer my assets from PS4 to PC. The benefit of this is that my PS4 CMDRs continue to exist. Sure, I sold most of their ships, but their ranks, engineering unlocks, and cosmetics all remain intact. Not that I ever plan to play on PS4 again...

Hi guys,

Finally made the jump to PC after playing on the PS4 from when it was released on that platform however i do have a couple of questions before i dive in on pc now.

And 2) On pc I know we can change the HUD colour from that ghastly orange, now finally im on PC this is the first thing i want to do before setting off back into the black. Does anyone know of a good guide on how to to this please?

Many thanks for your answers.

Be safe Commanders!
o7
Fdev will allow you to relocate ALL of your total assets to a different platform once and only once. It is advisable because on loose's money sell a ship with upgrade mods. Strip all you ships and sell the mods prior to asking to switch. You'll net 5 percent more. You will start from the beginning in a sidewinder but you'll have all of your money.

The following is a link to HUD color changes you can make.

Thankyou all so much. Personally i have decided to keep my PS4 account as is. As some know I am a very long player of ED so it should not take much effort to work through my ranks, engineers and re purchase all my ships on PC.

Nice to see you @Old Duck and @Cmdr Nemo LXXI its been quite a while. Hope you are both well.

Incidentally what control method are you both using on PC?. For the last 3 hours i have been trying to use my DS4 but it seems hopeless. Definitely don’t want to go back to console now.

o7 Commanders and Thankyou for all responses.

DS4 worked for me. I used it to drive the camera though, not the ship. Originally it was purchased in anticipation of Space Legs, few years too early. Didn't have to do anything special, ED just recognizes it as another USB device.

For driving the ship the ds4 seems to be an absolute nightmare piloting the ship. I cannot retract landing gear, bring up the navigation or right hand side panels or the map etc. Just a night mare. Since im able to use the controller on all my other pc games practically with no issues I thought Elite would be the same. Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case.

If you can please let me know your settings old friend i would really appreciate it as honestly im lost at the moment lol

Here's my .binds file (renamed to .txt so I could upload it). I had a customized DS4 config on PS4, so this mirrors that more than the default, but it'll give you an idea. I also have many keys configured based on being in VR, so sometimes a key will be assigned based on ease to find "blind" rather than it being the first letter in the thing I want. For example, X (for eXploration) is easier for me to find to trigger the FSS than F would be, especially when coupled with Z for "Zero speed".

Attachments

• DS4.3.0.txt
    50.7 KB · Views: 218
@Old Duck Many thanks dear friend. Hopefully this will help get me started lol. Other games have native support for the DS4 on the PC so I do wish Frontier would implement it also. Maybe we could start a petition of sorts ? after all some like us purchased the game twice even.

I've only been playing video games for going on 4 years, and to some degree, have got past the learning curve associated with the use of controller's. I switched to PC gaming almost a year ago, and because I find the KB+M considerably harder to commit to muscle memory which is WAY different than a controller. Found an app called REWASD. Using the app allows one to completely reconfigure their chosen controller to match that of a KB+M. While allowing one to reconfigure the buttons them selves to what ever one wants.

Though I still utilize my Warhog for ED. I utilize a xbox one controller in which using the app, have reconfigured to my liking all the KB+M configurations in SC. If I can do it, anyone can.

@Old Duck Many thanks dear friend. Hopefully this will help get me started lol. Other games have native support for the DS4 on the PC so I do wish Frontier would implement it also. Maybe we could start a petition of sorts ? after all some like us purchased the game twice even.

Sign here:

I'm sure people have given you the default way of doing this. I did something different - I started as a begger in a Sidewinder and eventually ended up a begger with a new fleet carrier. I then used this fleet carrier to transfer my assets from PS4 to PC. The benefit of this is that my PS4 CMDRs continue to exist. Sure, I sold most of their ships, but their ranks, engineering unlocks, and cosmetics all remain intact. Not that I ever plan to play on PS4 again...

Im thinking about pulling the trigger on this game for my gaming rig i bought last week. Ill decide within the next month. But i want the exact same thing to happen because i dont want to start over. I have 4 years in this game. Dont really feel like starting from scratch for neither. I would appreciate this bonus for purchasing this game twice...

Top Bottom