August Dev Diary, your hopes and expectations

Fauna POI like we have volcanic and biological ones?
Four odd looming creatures standing around doing nothing much, separated from anything else by thousands of km. Can't wait!

I know, you'll probly be able to scan them for 1000 credits worth of codex entry (once) and then pick up their poop, which will be some material or other (or just a biowaste canister)
You might even be able to shoot them, and then pick up another material.

Gonna be amazing aint it.

That "My Day in the Office" could be made really interesting with Covid 'working from home' .......

"I get up in the morning, don't bother to change, make some toast and jam, have a cup of tea while checking online newspapers.

Think about getting down to design work, take a look at what the forums are saying, decide to go for a run instead.

Come back, shower, conference call with the boss is calling on my computer, so I switch on "artificial busy background" and zoom camera for head and shoulders shot (because I'm not wearing any clothes). Funnily enough, my boss appears to have done the same. The background in his screen shot is bugged and suggests he may be on a beach. Conference call closes after we don't make any decisions, except we will have another call next week.

I make another cup of tea before deciding to take the dog for a walk .... "

I was reading that to the tune of Parklife, then I realized it wasn't...

... so I went to feed the pigeons, and the sparrows too - it gives me a sense of enormous well-being.

It kind of fits with the Geeeeezah conversation too.

Since they are called "dev diaries" I think they will be just as much about the people behind the game as they will be about the game itself.

Instead of "today we'll talk about [new mechanic X] and how it will work in the game" we'll more likely get "tell us about your thought process when starting to draw a new artwork and how has working from home been for you?".

Since they are called "dev diaries" I think they will be just as much about the people behind the game as they will be about the game itself.

Wow, wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts! We wait literally years to find out the details on Odyssey but instead Frontier spends time telling us about the people behind the expansion we know very little about!

Wow, wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts! We wait literally years to find out the details on Odyssey but instead Frontier spends time telling us about the people behind the expansion we know very little about!
It is suitably ironic that a part of me wishes that would be so, it would be absolutely hilarious to see the salt mountain being built here by those who'd consider it a personal affront should that happen 😹

I hope that differences in gravity, surface temperature, and atmospheric composition will be taken seriously and not handwaved into irrelevance.

And I hope numbers don’t pop up onscreen every time a gunshot connects with its target.

I dare not hope for anything more.

...a pickaxe... to harvest surface materials, of course (seems appropriate given all the other ways they've decided to dumb down the game) They could even sell other cosmetic versions in the ARX store.

During today stream it was mentioned they might announce the dev diary date this Thursday, and that there will be a very special guest doing a cameo. It was mentioned the diary would reveal some bits and pieces that have not yet been revelead about Odyssey.

min 22:20
Thanks for posting. Hype train steam valves are opening slowly .... or is it all electric these days? 😃

...a pickaxe... to harvest surface materials, of course (seems appropriate given all the other ways they've decided to dumb down the game) They could even sell other cosmetic versions in the ARX store.

Then they could rename it the AXE store, for Odyssey items.

During today stream it was mentioned they might announce the dev diary date this Thursday, and that there will be a very special guest doing a cameo. It was mentioned the diary would reveal some bits and pieces that have not yet been revelead about Odyssey.

min 22:20

Awesome! I'm going to have 3 guesses at who the mysterious special guest might be:-

1. Jar Jar Binks.
2. Ainsley Harriot.
3. Colonel Sanders.

What prize do I win if I'm right? Granted, it's not highly likely, but you gotta dream!

Hopefully not a bucket of Kentucky Fried Binks, seasoned by Ainsley?

(Btw I'm not mocking your post mate, just having some fun!)

Top Bottom