UPCOMING CG Why is this still here?

Removing it would require effort from someone. And time. So here it lies. :)
iu

I still don't understand why. Is it really too much to ask of Fdev to just copy/paste the classic trade/bounty CG once a week/fortnight/month onto some system? I really miss how it casually brought the players together.
Just go mining instead...

They'll (CGs) be back soon, don't panic

Why will they? They were a waste of staff resources. They scraped through at level 1 every single time. Most of the community do not care about them and they're a drain on the devs. Better to focus on other content that ppl actually care about.

We might see new ones next year

The person editing the text file and using copy paste is working on the new update. When they have time to open notepad we will get more

Y'all are trippin real bad. The level of success is determined on a communitywide level. nothing personal about it. They pretty much always got to tier 1. You only have to go on INARA and look at past community goals for that, the fact you don't know that the past goals scraped through tells me all I need to know. LMAO at some stat padders in CQC wanting goals back to get some achievements and then never do them again. Sounds like a real high up priority for FDev :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
Community Goals were some of the most engaging activities. Not all were great, some (especially the later ones) were quite generic in approach, but there were quite a few gems that will stay in the memories of those who took part. New Yembo (ok, mostly because it was the first), Hutton Mug with its multiple 0.22ly travels, Epsilon Indi Bourbon with its legendary 79 bottles of booze, the whole Cerberus Plague story with the quarantined stations, spreading infections, lockdowns (oddly prophetic in hindsight) and the birth of teabagging, Jaques jump, the Spaceship One rescue, the construction of 11 Parsecs, the shism in the Empire with Nova Imperium, quite a few other wars that were packed into a evolving background story.

The payouts back then were a lot of money, 20M on top of the profits was a lot, the rare 100M ones got everyone going crazy. Not like now when you just have to look at some icy rocks and earn another billion.

Some had their flaws, like unbalanced goals, but those often created the real stories. Not many were able to take part in the rescue of Spaceship One, but those 700ish people have something special, they rescued the former president Halsey. Epsilon Indi Bourbon was really high, in the beginning even tier 1 looked hard to make. In the end a huge combined effort of the community was able to nearly make Tier 8 (except those 749 units ... any rumours of them being stowed away in some secret stash somewhere are bereft of any basis)

In the end, they became more formulaic in appreach, quite copy&paste repetitive, but they still focused activity into certain areas, that gave a sense of direction. PvPers flocked to them, to shoot or to defend other players, wings were formed, acquaintances became friends.

I hope something similar comes back at some point, probably after Odyssey.

Why will they? They were a waste of staff resources. They scraped through at level 1 every single time. Most of the community do not care about them and they're a drain on the devs. Better to focus on other content that ppl actually care about.

I have no idea which CGs you participated in, if any, and where you get your stats from. Most CGs were deemed successful, and the few ones that ended with low (e.g. 1/8) completion did so because either the conditions weren't very attractive (CG system far out, long in-system travel to CG station, the activities required weren't very popular ones within the playerbase); or because Fdev misjudged the thresholds (or in some cases set them very high deliberately because special unlocks were involved as rewards).

And since you mentioned the stats on INARA: According to those, the average number of unique players participating in CGs/IIs in 2019 was about 2500 (after 3300 in 2018), which does not even fully account for the CMDRs that only worked for one side during opposing CGs. Heck, the players were apparently so starved for content that the sudden December 2019 dual CG drew in 7,480 and 8,668 contributors respectively. Doesn't really look like "the community doesn't care", does it?

Do we even play the same game?

Last edited:
Top Bottom