VR support 'not at launch' for Odyssey

Well I still play flat games, FPSes and whatnot, but there are games that once you try in VR, you don't come back to 2d. Elite is one such game. DCS is another. Project Cars. Dirt Rally. Basically any sim supporting VR. But non-sims too - Alien Isolation VR mod, Skyrim VR, Fallout 4 VR... But I still can play 2d. It's not either or. Just the games that support VR are infinitesimally better than their 2d counterparts, so why should I play the "inferior" version?

you not only know how to deal with this sort of stuff, you also have a very delicate sense for memes.

F

As sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, I can only assume that your comments were meant as a compliment, which I graciously accept.
Thank you.

Last edited:
From what I've seen of them in other topics on the forum, Epoch5 is very eloquent and quite an entertaining conversationalist, what I imagine they meant is that after three months of repetitive circuitous arguments, they are getting fed up of the pointless and petty bickering.

Then Epoch5 is surely posting on the wrong forum. :LOL:

I am tired of these childish arguments about VR. If FD puts VR in Odyssey they will get my money if not they won't. Over and out.

I Agree completely, so much endless talk about a feature that can and should be included in the update, Frontier just decided that it was too much bother to be include.
What surprises me is all the negativity from commanders that don’t have a clue what VR is like and the benefits it brings to the game.
VR adds a capability and depth to a game that not many can offer making Elite Dangerous quite unique.

I get exactly what epoch5 is saying and I have to agree.

But I see it as all Frontier’s fault by their poor decision making.

Last edited:
And made worse by their lack of clear decisive communication, vague ambiguous statements only add fuel to the fire.

Developers of any game are careful about making statements which can later be used against them by the community. They will always leave themselves wiggle room, and Frontier are no exception.

To be honest, I don't really blame them either, this forum is proof enough that being honest would likely do more harm than good. :confused:

To be honest, I don't really blame them either, this forum is proof enough that being honest would likely do more harm than good. :confused:
As far as I remember complaints in the forum started when FDEV dropped the game quality releasing half backed contents or gameloops full of grind ignoring community suggestions/requests (example first iteration of engineers and guardians), so it's more a technical reasons than communication.
Bad communication followed the game issues.

No, always been complaints since the infamous off line debacle. Games always have an element of complainers and when you have a passionate long term player base when you make a mess on what they think is their lawn there are going to be complaints. The best way to handle it is to spit it out clearly. The message has been given no VR at launch for EDO content. If you take a straw poll amongst players that means one of at least nine options.
1) No VR once you load Odyssey and Never will be(based on Playstation not at launch meaning never)
2) No VR once you load Odyssey and some nebulous time after launch it may get added in some form
3) No VR once you load Odyssey but will be worked on after launch in some form
4) Refers only to the EDO content when walking around, flight and SRV will be VR still, plus 1/2 or 3
5) Everything works in VR until you touch something in the add on plus 1/2 or 3

My belief is 1 and I would rather they said its 1 and I could move on. Well actually I effectively have, I am now watching the forum rather than playing the game.

As far as I remember complaints in the forum started when FDEV dropped the game quality releasing half backed contents or gameloops full of grind ignoring community suggestions/requests (example first iteration of engineers and guardians), so it's more a technical reasons than communication.
Amazing.

Fdev dropped the game quality, by releasing engineers and guardians.

Amazing.

I don't know, sometimes I think a bit of optimism would be a welcome break from the norm around here. :unsure:
When optimism is ready to break out in this forum, FDEV jumps in to resize everyone's mood. In fact when I first watched the Odyssey trailer I was freakin' out and I was ready to throw money at FDEV. Then they came out with the lack of VR support... so please tell me how could we be optimistic? 🤷‍♂️

When optimism is ready to break out in this forum, FDEV jumps in to resize everyone's mood. In fact when I first watched the Odyssey trailer I was freakin' out and I was ready to throw money at FDEV. Then they came out with the lack of VR support... so please tell me how could we be optimistic? 🤷‍♂️
You are the only one responsible for your own extreme optimism and extreme pessimism.

The truth as always will be somewhere in the middle.

Top Bottom