Game Discussions Microsoft Flight Simulator

Okay, first, that is epic but most importantly second - now I'm going to have to go and find out how clouds interact with the terrain. (My bet is not at all - they just mesh, but it would be awesome to see some rolling and flowing)

Can't say for sure, but a good place to check if out will be mountainous oceanic islands, (like the Fogo island in Cape Verde on my screenshots). Other great candidates in the atlantic, is Pico island in the Azores islands, and Tenerife and La Palma islands on the Canary islands.

Speaking of La Palma and clouds, if you don't know this already, they have a frequent phenomena (because of the particular shape of the island) nicknamed "the cloud waterfall",which is caused by La Palma's rather extreme shape.

I think you will enjoy it. I have been fortunate enough to have witnessed in person when I went to hike the Cumbre Vieja volcano, and can assure you it's out of this world levels of incredible.

la-palma-clouds-view-canary-islands.jpg
\

6690068-cloud-waterfall-0.jpg

Last edited:
This is what happens when you have over 6.5 Million subscribers on the yootoob:

Microsoft sends a flight sim kit to an "influencer":

(makes you want to cry really)

This is what happens when you have over 6.5 Million subscribers on the yootoob:

Microsoft sends a flight sim kit to an "influencer":

(makes you want to cry really)

Why does "person entertaining millions of people for free gets cool gift she enjoys" make you want to cry? People entertaining others via tv, radio or printed media get freebies all the time, not sure what the issue is with YouTube folks getting stuff too.

Why does "person entertaining millions of people for free gets cool gift she enjoys" make you want to cry? People entertaining others via tv, radio or printed media get freebies all the time, not sure what the issue is with YouTube folks getting stuff too.
People getting stuff for free doesn't really bother me, but I do have a problem with the concept of influencers in general. No matter if it's media or youtube.
It's a very backhanded form of advertisement.
Ads should be ads, reviews should be reviews.

People getting stuff for free doesn't really bother me, but I do have a problem with the concept of influencers in general. No matter if it's media or youtube.
Oh sure, but I fear that horse left the barn decades ago, build a spaceship and is now somewhere near Alpha Centauri.

As for 'influencers', the term has become rather meaningless by now and seems to basically mean 'anyone enjoying some measure of popularity online'. Basically a subset of 'celebrity'. Plenty of em are just experts or hobby enthousiast sharing their knowledge with others. That you then have viewers who want the same TV, joystick, chair or mousemat as that streamer is just how some people work.

At my local train station we had big posters with Cristiano Ronaldo advertising some brand of trolley bags. Why someone would care what a football player has to say about trolley bags is beyond me, but apparently many do. Well, good for CR I guess. :)

Well if someone wants to watch advertisements... I tuned in the other day on Ubisoft's event, and before it started, YT showed me two unskippable ads. Felt odd to get ads ahead of a content that is de facto an advertisement as well.
Edit: I get your point, but these videos are very thinly veiled advertisements.

I am more puzzled by the word 'influencer', a cover-up for low quality content creator targeted at people of... questionable... whatever. :)

Speaking of sim kits, it dawned on me the other day while watching videos of pilots flying real planes like the TBM, that one can buy a top-of-the-line gaming computer and all the accessories for about the same price it costs to fly (not own, but just fuel and fly) one of these fancy planes on a long trip. So while top-end flight simming may be expensive, it's still way, way, WAY cheaper than the real thing.

But I still can't afford it, LOL :p

Btw, on my quest to get my DR400 to Saba I had a stop planned at Anajás Airport. MS2020 messed up BIGLY here. If anyone is looking for a fun challenge, try to take-off from runway 29. :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of sim kits, it dawned on me the other day while watching videos of pilots flying real planes like the TBM, that one can buy a top-of-the-line gaming computer and all the accessories for about the same price it costs to fly (not own, but just fuel and fly) one of these fancy planes on a long trip. So while top-end flight simming may be expensive, it's still way, way, WAY cheaper than the real thing.

But I still can't afford it, LOL :p

Not only that, to fly a turboprop you need to have a PPL (LAPL and national versions wont work typically), plus an HPA rating and a rating for the aircraft itself. Its easily 20k before you're even allowed to rent it. :p And then you probably need IFR rating too given the normal flight plans for such aircrafts...

I don't get why people wanting to be pilots aren't simply allowed to apply for a Pilots Federation License after passing some kind of tests with a tutor, then given a free Cessna 152 and a take off clearance from some local backwater airstrip with a written clause to get an unlimited number of free 152s in case they wreck theirs, or some very favourable insurance fee should they upgrade to larger planes.

At the moment en route to Rarotonga from Fiji with a Citation Longitude, of course I had to refuel mid-air though the distance should be well within range.
Real-time, so I just started to see the first lights as dawn starts to break the night... good stuff!

Btw, on my quest to get my DR400 to Saba I had a stop planned at Anajás Airport. MS2020 messed up BIGLY here. If anyone is looking for a fun challenge, try to take-off from runway 29. :ROFLMAO:

Now you got me curious, and gonna have to start MSFS again...

Nice plane the CR400. The other Robin plane is nice as well. I like how they both feel like old rust buckets found on some shed covered in hay.

Now you got me curious, and gonna have to start MSFS again...

Nice plane the CR400. The other Robin plane is nice as well. I like how they both feel like old rust buckets found on some shed covered in hay.

Let us know how it went! In my dr400 I made it but only just. :)

At the moment en route to Rarotonga from Fiji with a Citation Longitude, of course I had to refuel mid-air though the distance should be well within range.
Real-time, so I just started to see the first lights as dawn starts to break the night... good stuff!

I had a feeling something might be wrong with fuel consumption... I already crashed 2 times into the ocean for running out of fuel, well within the airplane's fuel range.

On the other hand, I used to start with the default fuel amount (50%), and I didn't really paid that much attention to flying in a fuel efficient manner, so I might be using much more fuel than normal and running out of fuel was actually realistic.

I now start with full tanks and I'm keeping an eye on consumption.

I had a feeling something might be wrong with fuel consumption... I already crashed 2 times into the ocean for running out of fuel, well within the airplane's fuel range.

On the other hand, I used to start with the default fuel amount (50%), and I didn't really paid that much attention to flying in a fuel efficient manner, so I might be using much more fuel than normal and running out of fuel was actually realistic.

I now start with full tanks and I'm keeping an eye on consumption.

Cant speak abotu such fancy planes, but did a few missions in a C208 which doesn't have a consumption gauge as far as I could find. Flying at max speed at 1000ft resulted in consuming one gallon about every 17 seconds (using a stopwatch and the digital fuel gauge!). When I dropped throttle down to a more reasonable setting consumption fell to about one gallon per 40 seconds, which is what I'd expect. Leaning fuel at cruising altitude also matters.

Cant speak abotu such fancy planes, but did a few missions in a C208 which doesn't have a consumption gauge as far as I could find. Flying at max speed at 1000ft resulted in consuming one gallon about every 17 seconds (using a stopwatch and the digital fuel gauge!). When I dropped throttle down to a more reasonable setting consumption fell to about one gallon per 40 seconds, which is what I'd expect. Leaning fuel at cruising altitude also matters.

Yeah it's most likely operator error in my case :) Too much ups and downs during flight, too much throttle getting back up, etc...

The next update surely sounds like a Jesus patch, weather and world fixes are very much needed, I'm currently in Fiji and the atolls are very underwhelming at the moment.

I hope they fix the JMB VL-3 bug that causes the pitch trim to move on it's own... It's one of my favorite planes when it works properly, but at any time it may turn into a dirty underwear inducing rollercoaster... :cry:

Top Bottom