Tritium Availablity in Colonia, What Happened?

Yeah... like that's gonna happen. I was having fun in Colonia until I realized I was trapped there.... But honestly, what is left to do in the game now? No LTD's, no more money, no more Tritium. 😭 LOL

Yeah, it looks like im going to have to wait until FDev fixes this. I have no realistic way of returning home to the bubble at this point, unless I decommission and rebuy.

For now, My Carrier, the USS Columbia, is in the Colonia System. I've put up a buy order for 15,000 Tons of Tritium at 175% markup - That will remain until a fix is in for station stock. Feel free to sell me any Tritium you want until such time.
How much tritium is required to reach Colonia? I'm wondering if it is worth my time to stock my carrier with max tritium cargo plus 3 skeleton T9s with full tritium cargo holds, and possibly other pilot T9s filled, and then sell at Colonia. In other words, a massive Fuel Rat run that could potentially allow me to sell 10k tons of tritium at Colonia and still have enough tritium for the carrier round trip. Also, would pilots be willing to unload from my carrier if it were 5-10 jumps from the Colonia station? Do carrier owners also have a T9 or Cutter to ferry the tritium?

Last edited:
How much tritium is required to reach Colonia? I'm wondering if it is worth my time to stock my carrier with max tritium cargo plus 3 skeleton T9s with full tritium cargo holds, and possibly other pilot T9s filled, and then sell at Colonia. In other words, a massive Fuel Rat run that could potentially allow me to sell 10k tons of tritium at Colonia and still have enough tritium for the carrier round trip. Also, would pilots be willing to unload from my carrier if it were 5-10 jumps from the Colonia station? Do carrier owners also have a T9 or Cutter to ferry the tritium?

Normally requires 7000 tones to get there one way, 10,000 tonnes if you are carrying fuel for the return trip (17,000 there and back) So leaves you around 8000 tonnes left to sell out there.

I did, Bubble - SagA* - Colonia - Bubble on 17,000 tonnes, that was with a T9 Alt storing fuel every jump, plus two other friends in T9's doing the same, also some top ups from passengers picked up on the way.

There are cmdrs paying up to 200,000cr/t in Colonia.

Yeah... like that's gonna happen. I was having fun in Colonia until I realized I was trapped there.... But honestly, what is left to do in the game now? No LTD's, no more money, no more Tritium. 😭 LOL
I mean, if you're in Colonia and it's money you're after, you can make 50-100M/hour from missions easily. (You need to get to Allied with most/all the factions in the system you've chosen, but that can usually be done pretty fast if you're smart about it)

VIP Passengers from most stations to do quick tourist trips to the beacons around Jaques Station can definitely get you 50M/hour in a passenger-Conda. Probably a bit more if you optimise the build.
Cargo missions from extraction stations (Bascom's Pride or one of the surface bases, for a large pad) should again definitely get you 50M/hour with potential to double that if you've got a large cargo hold and get lucky with the stacking of destinations.

Or if mining is your thing, then Painite can be laser-mined in high volumes still. Best price in Colonia is volatile because it's only a small region, but the 800k/tonne prices do come up relatively often, and you've got a carrier to store it on in the meantime. I've not heard that a local double-Painite hotspot in a metallic ring has been discovered yet, so you could get some fame by finding and reporting where it is.

For combat, certain systems will generate lots of massacre pirate missions from multiple factions against the same target, for some stackable easy kills. Again, I've heard of people getting 100M/hour that way.

I mean, if you're in Colonia and it's money you're after, you can make 50-100M/hour from missions easily.

It was actually the engineers that I was after. That, and just the general idea of adventuring way out beyond any distance I had yet traveled. Don't ask me why I didn't make sure I had enough Tritium to bring me back to the bubble. Poor planning I suppose, and the apparent assumption that Tritium was as available in Colonia as it was in the bubble. When I saw how much Tritium was selling for in Colonia I thought I could start a business of mining and selling it.... I guess I was wrong.

Tweaks like this really remove a lot of the fun from the game and make it considerably more grindy. I play this game to relax, not to spend all of my time grinding.

Sorry, but grindy =/= fun.

Nerfing station supplies, nerfing mining for both tritium AND LTDs, various other tweaks have really reduced the excitement of the game for me. Instead of focusing on later-game stuff, now I'm having to mine and trade just to keep up credits. Wait long enough, and carriers will become really rare. Nice way to destroy something that so many resources were invested to create.

Oh, and those FCs stationed out in the expanse, relying on tritium mining and credits to keep the FC commissioned? Sucks to be you.

I know some people welcome these nerfs. FDev can't please everyone. But I think overall, after working to make the game much more accessible for newer players, this is a step back. Curious considering Odyssey is right around the corner. This isn't a good time to be alienating newer players.

I know, #FirstWorldProblems, but #FirstWorldGame.

Nerfing things was good decision, somewhat late but still good. That mad credit inflation made things a way way too easy. Noob getting Anaconda in some days? That is ridiculous. When I started this game getting new and bigger ship was kind of achievement, getting its modules upgraded was another achievement. One calculated thoroughly when to buy things, is there enough left for some rebuys and so on. And billionaire was very rich player. Then came mining updates and suddenly nearly everyone was hyperrich. Especially after that triple hotspot debacle at Borann. Everybody flying around with "end game" ships...In fact if one saw ship not being one of the big three it was either someone very very noob, or some experienced player who had somewhat different taste in ships.

... Poor planning I suppose, and the apparent assumption that Tritium was as available in Colonia as it was in the bubble...
There was planty and enough Tritium available in Colonia... many players were using it as a way-point to refuel their FC in order to reach their final destination... then Frontier "fixed" its availability and now you will find several stranded or being decomissioned. The remaining "option" now is to mine Tritium at half rate in t/h compared to what Frontier had "planned/stated" for it to be.

So, yeah... no need for any further comments, I guess...

...so what's going on with? I arrived to Colonia 48hrs ago ... made my engees finally and ...could buy 8t of trit only :D
So .. will it be fixed or what? I'm thinking to go back to bubble to recharge to full, but that is so time wasting. Flying there then back. Then there again. Because I planned to go further.

...so what's going on with? I arrived to Colonia 48hrs ago ... made my engees finally and ...could buy 8t of trit only :D
So .. will it be fixed or what? I'm thinking to go back to bubble to recharge to full, but that is so time wasting. Flying there then back. Then there again. Because I planned to go further.
I think the tritium situation out in Colonia and especially in deep space is still screwed. Colonia doesn’t have enough for sale. Mining tritium is too painfully slow for the fuel capacity of a fleet carrier. So unless you already carried enough tritium from the Bubble, venturing out to Colonia and deep space is a no-go in Elite Dangerous.

I think the tritium situation out in Colonia and especially in deep space is still screwed. Colonia doesn’t have enough for sale. Mining tritium is too painfully slow for the fuel capacity of a fleet carrier. So unless you already carried enough tritium from the Bubble, venturing out to Colonia and deep space is a no-go in Elite Dangerous.
I'm able to mine Tritium in a single hotspot at around 150t / Hour - faster if there are plenty of SSD bearing rocks - and I miss less often than normal.
Moving a FC doesn't require a full hold of Tritium (as well as being less efficient in fuel use) and a couple of hours mining gives a reasonable travelling distance available - after all, in the 'advertising' for FC's Frontier mentioned mining as an essential activity, not many corner shops out in the black to buy the stuff ;)

Of course, if you wish to jump 22KLY in a single journey, then return the same way...

I'm able to mine Tritium in a single hotspot at around 150t / Hour - faster if there are plenty of SSD bearing rocks - and I miss less often than normal.
Moving a FC doesn't require a full hold of Tritium (as well as being less efficient in fuel use) and a couple of hours mining gives a reasonable travelling distance available - after all, in the 'advertising' for FC's Frontier mentioned mining as an essential activity, not many corner shops out in the black to buy the stuff ;)

Of course, if you wish to jump 22KLY in a single journey, then return the same way...
That's what I am doing, just travelled from Bubble to Colonia last week, used over 4000t tritium. Tried mining in a tritium hotspot in Colonia with my Python 2 days ago, along with the currently busted pulse wave scanner, only able to mine 196t in about 2 hours. If anyone wants to venture into the deep space e.g. to Beagles Point, you won't be able to carry enough on the cargo for a return trip, mining is the only option and god knows how long you have to mine for o_O

That's what I am doing, just travelled from Bubble to Colonia last week, used over 4000t tritium. Tried mining in a tritium hotspot in Colonia with my Python 2 days ago, along with the currently busted pulse wave scanner, only able to mine 196t in about 2 hours. If anyone wants to venture into the deep space e.g. to Beagles Point, you won't be able to carry enough on the cargo for a return trip, mining is the only option and god knows how long you have to mine for o_O
But, unless the trip to BP was just a 'tourist' trip rather than exploration (which seems a little pointless to drag a FC out to the edge when an exploration ship would do the job much faster), a couple of hours mining each week, coupled with exploration along the way, makes for an interesting and engaging expedition - so the counter provided is effectively self-negating...

With a bare minimum outfitted FC someone has already calculated that BP & back is possible without any need to refuel... So tourists can do it, if they wish.

Exploration trips tend to take it easy, adding a couple of hours mining every handful of FC jumps shouldn't even make a noticable impact on the total hours spent away from the shops...

Sol - Beagle in a lightweight carrier (mine has only 1180 tons equiped, refuel, rear, repair + secure warehouse)
you need ~14000 tritium to Beagle and another 10000 back.
So you need to mine roughly 1000 tons.
I'd say it's more tedious to do the carrier jumping then mining 1000 tons.
The next question is, why travelling with a carrier at all?

Sol - Beagle in a lightweight carrier (mine has only 1180 tons equiped, refuel, rear, repair + secure warehouse)
I did my maths from Colonia - that is possible, I believe with a full tank - although, as you mentioned, why do it in a FC at all? 🤷‍♂️

Is that including the 1000 tonnes in the fuel tank? Currently just doing Bubble-Colonia-Bubble (with sagA* thrown in occasionally) Am trying to see if it's feasible to refuel other carriers out at BP, think I would have to charge over 300k per tonne though.

Regarding jumping/refuelling the carrier, there are other options.

Is that including the 1000 tonnes in the fuel tank? Currently just doing Bubble-Colonia-Bubble (with sagA* thrown in occasionally) Am trying to see if it's feasible to refuel other carriers out at BP, think I would have to charge over 300k per tonne though.

Regarding jumping/refuelling the carrier, there are other options.
Yes, but that's from spansh. Ingame I'm still scraping together 3300 tons to get my Carrier to the bubble :LOL:

Yes, but that's from spansh. Ingame I'm still scraping together 3300 tons to get my Carrier to the bubble :LOL:

Btw you can save a lot of fuel by using Alt accounts, and also making sure 700+ tonnes is offloaded from your own carrier as it burns off the fuel tank. Makes a big difference to range with the new efficiency. Asking passengers to do the same also boosts range.

Am enroute at the moment, shoiuld arrive in Colonia in the next 15hrs, didn't bring fuel to sell this time, should have enough to donate a bit if needed. I've got around 10,000 tonnes onboard, plus passenger and alt account fuel.

Top Bottom