Tritium Availablity in Colonia, What Happened?

Yes, but that's from spansh. Ingame I'm still scraping together 3300 tons to get my Carrier to the bubble :LOL:
Friend me, CMDR kolley, FC XHB-BVM, Eol Prou GU-K b24-14.
I am just over 500ly out of Colonia and have more than you need, I will then switch to friends only and set up a sell order.

Friend me, CMDR kolley, FC XHB-BVM, Eol Prou GU-K b24-14.
I am just over 500ly out of Colonia and have more than you need, I will then switch to friends only and set up a sell order.
(y)
Thanks for the offer, but today I learned about a Tritium x2 11ly from Colonia, and I only need 600 more tons or three casual mining hours.

(y)
Thanks for the offer, but today I learned about a Tritium x2 11ly from Colonia, and I only need 600 more tons or three casual mining hours.
OK, hope you can get that scanner working properly:), with laser's a good single can be as good as or better than a double or triple.

I want to go to colonia with my fc but does it really cost 20k tritium including returning back?

I used fleet carrier router and it said trip to colonia cost me 4500 tritium. In total 9000 tritium. So i am little bit confused. Oh yeah and i dont have shipyard and outfitting service.

I want to go to colonia with my fc but does it really cost 20k tritium including returning back?

I used fleet carrier router and it said trip to colonia cost me 4500 tritium. In total 9000 tritium. So i am little bit confused. Oh yeah and i dont have shipyard and outfitting service.

around 8000 return if travelling light, around 14,000 tonnes if travelling heavy both ways

I did my maths from Colonia - that is possible, I believe with a full tank - although, as you mentioned, why do it in a FC at all? 🤷‍♂️
Carrier is used at end point for something. For example jump out of normal range. During the trip it's just immersion toy.
That's why most annoying is manual refuel.

1600115780365.png

If refuel on empty it will do 1000ly less total for those numbers.

By the way, do we have a new Semotus Beacon yet?
Not sure, but there is a bug ... if you jump on carrier to single distant star on carrier and cannot jump out on ship to another star from there, then
1. in-game it will not be marked visited
2. all tools like EDSM will ignore it, and will not mark as visited by you or at all.

Here's my deal with tritium; inside the bubble the prices are such that mining is never economical. Outside the bubble, of course, miners are not available, so no economy will occur. And with the current efficiency ratings, a well-planned voyage will never run out of fuel before returning to the bubble.

On top of all this, I find it ridiculous that most carriers are using the vast majority of their carrying capacity to haul fuel.

Here's what I'd like to see: start by increasing the efficiency of tritium by 5X. This will put it at 10x the starting efficiency on release. Then, increase the price of tritium at stations by 10x. This will put the base price for a single tritium at roughly 400k.( in tandem with this, reduce the fuel tank size to 100, and the minimum tritium usage to one)

Finally, dramatically reduce the station production of tritium. The fact that the bubble has essentially infinite tritium is ridiculous. It should be running out just as much as Colonia is currently.

What Is the net result of this? It creates an actually realistic player based economy. Prices could Spike as high as the price of any other commodity , such as void opals, at which point it would become more efficient for players to mine themselves, rather than pay the exorvitant price, or wait for prices to fall.

Here's my deal with tritium; inside the bubble the prices are such that mining is never economical. Outside the bubble, of course, miners are not available, so no economy will occur. And with the current efficiency ratings, a well-planned voyage will never run out of fuel before returning to the bubble.

On top of all this, I find it ridiculous that most carriers are using the vast majority of their carrying capacity to haul fuel.

Here's what I'd like to see: start by increasing the efficiency of tritium by 5X. This will put it at 10x the starting efficiency on release. Then, increase the price of tritium at stations by 10x. This will put the base price for a single tritium at roughly 400k.( in tandem with this, reduce the fuel tank size to 100, and the minimum tritium usage to one)

Finally, dramatically reduce the station production of tritium. The fact that the bubble has essentially infinite tritium is ridiculous. It should be running out just as much as Colonia is currently.

What Is the net result of this? It creates an actually realistic player based economy. Prices could Spike as high as the price of any other commodity , such as void opals, at which point it would become more efficient for players to mine themselves, rather than pay the exorvitant price, or wait for prices to fall.

Thats a definite no from me, for multiple reasons. Not like it would happen anyway.

Thats a definite no from me, for multiple reasons. Not like it would happen anyway.
Why not? If tritium is supposed to be mined make it be mined. The current version is basically a ized standard commodity. It doesn't make sense to mine at for your own travel, but it also breaks unrelated things like trading by being exponentially more valuable than average commodities.

For example, before the addition of tritium, I can trade any of a dozen different goods from my home station. Depending on the various bgs States nearby, different things would become the most profitable option at different times. But right now, the most profitable option is always tritium. This is even without the exorbitantly massive price difference you can see when buying 4K tritium; it's just the normal price differential.

Tritium clearly needs a fairly substantial hammering out. I think my suggestions would be at least a good start.

Why not? If tritium is supposed to be mined make it be mined. The current version is basically a ized standard commodity. It doesn't make sense to mine at for your own travel, but it also breaks unrelated things like trading by being exponentially more valuable than average commodities.

For example, before the addition of tritium, I can trade any of a dozen different goods from my home station. Depending on the various bgs States nearby, different things would become the most profitable option at different times. But right now, the most profitable option is always tritium. This is even without the exorbitantly massive price difference you can see when buying 4K tritium; it's just the normal price differential.

Tritium clearly needs a fairly substantial hammering out. I think my suggestions would be at least a good start.
Trading is another question. No one known MMO pays well for player's consumable items. Usually NPC give some trash.
So there are 2 types of things: value for players and value for npc. In Elite those are mixed in tritium. That's why trade hell happens.
I think, in Colonia, people just sold out tritium to npc. Because NPC buy it like 50000 there.

Top Bottom