What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Planet_Zoo_Screenshot_2020.09.13_-_18.56.15.08.png

Planet_Zoo_Screenshot_2020.09.13_-_15.33.10.93.png

Started a new project today, just a one of reptile house somewhere in a city. Sometimes you just need to take a break from the big builds lol 😅
This looks absolutely awesome. I hope I will also be that good in building Western themed Stuff

I did my first polar bear habitat, my favourite animal.

I was worried because I had read so many complains about their huge space requirement, so I tried to build a big habitat. The result? I did a habitat twice as big as needed and I've had to reduce it several times. Now it's about 11000 sq meters and almost 4000 sq meters of water. There are 2 adults and 2 babies now and there's still much extra space. Next time I should try a smaller habitat :ROFLMAO:

Played for a half hour - not able to get the proper mindset for this game since July.
The last update/DLC didn't do much for me, so mostly focused on the "older" building pieces.

Changed a few things in the elephant habitat of my first zoo but still not happy about it.
I think about redoing the entire habitat. Any good suggestions for a brand new habitat?

I think about redoing the entire habitat. Any good suggestions for a brand new habitat?

What budget or theming does your zoo have? More of a classical zoo or highly themed? Have you checked zoolex.org for inspiration?

When I have no idea, I build a dome :D At least if it fits the animal. I also always use Planet Zoopedia, so the habitat won't get too big. And with elephants I always love a huge inoor area, because I love the changing of the sound between indoor and outdoor for them.

What budget or theming does your zoo have? More of a classical zoo or highly themed? Have you checked zoolex.org for inspiration?

When I have no idea, I build a dome :D At least if it fits the animal. I also always use Planet Zoopedia, so the habitat won't get too big. And with elephants I always love a huge inoor area, because I love the changing of the sound between indoor and outdoor for them.

Budget is no issue. Got enough money in my franchise to re-do my entire zoo multiple times. This one has a centre with more classic look and branches off to themed sections.
Haven't check zoolex, will be looking into that one.

Budget is no issue. Got enough money in my franchise to re-do my entire zoo multiple times. This one has a centre with more classic look and branches off to themed sections.
Haven't check zoolex, will be looking into that one.
You might want to take a look at the elephant habitat in Hellabrunn then . I completley failed rebuilding it but maybe you are a better builder or it just inspires you.

Finally finished the big Flowerbed in my Chinese Garden. Now I'm hoping that it is somehow possible to build the new Island Enclosure for the Formosan Black Bears like I want it to be

Came home at 11.30 pm and need to work tomorrow, but had to hop into the game a bit to finish my Nyala habitat. Well, kind of. They still need some shelter, but other than that, I'm satisfied with the result this time.

Damn it, I've lost motivation.

After I spent ages on my African elephant habitat I suddenly realised I had neglected to do much of any decorating around the zoo grounds, and all my major habitat areas were spaced out a lot. Which made me want to start fresh again. I've opened a new Sandbox zoo about four times with no progress. I have an idea for an African section I want to build starting with a complex chimpanzee house but I prefer to build the entrance and first staff area before I do any habitats because otherwise I know I won't go back and do it, but that's where I'm getting stuck (as usual).

I also really wish we had some more props. In my last zoo I had a lot of random props around the staff area, like those new pallets we got in the Australia Pack, but I'd love more - shovels, brooms, more modern ladders and such, wheelbarrows, all of that would be brilliant (I believe there were props like that in PlanCo).

I've made a lot of Progress in my Chinese Garden. I've managed to give the Moat around the new Black Bear Island a rounder Appearance and also added the Fence. But I'm not completely sure how exactly I should design the Island so it will take some Time to finish it. I've also created a beautiful Building next to the Enclosure that is surrounded by Bamboo and beautiful Flowers. I think I'll design the complete Area around the Island like that.

I want to build starting with a complex chimpanzee house but I prefer to build the entrance and first staff area before I do any habitats because otherwise I know I won't go back and do it, but that's where I'm getting stuck (as usual).
I would really like to see the Chimpanzee House once it's finished. I love it to keep Primates especially Apes and some Inspiration could be great.

I also really wish we had some more props. In my last zoo I had a lot of random props around the staff area, like those new pallets we got in the Australia Pack, but I'd love more - shovels, brooms, more modern ladders and such, wheelbarrows, all of that would be brilliant (I believe there were props like that in PlanCo).
More Backstage Stuff would be great. Maybe also a Metal Bucket because the only Bucket in the Building Menu is made out of Wood and I think a Bucket that is made out of Metal would work perfect as a Backstage Decoration

Damn it, I've lost motivation.

After I spent ages on my African elephant habitat I suddenly realised I had neglected to do much of any decorating around the zoo grounds, and all my major habitat areas were spaced out a lot. Which made me want to start fresh again. I've opened a new Sandbox zoo about four times with no progress. I have an idea for an African section I want to build starting with a complex chimpanzee house but I prefer to build the entrance and first staff area before I do any habitats because otherwise I know I won't go back and do it, but that's where I'm getting stuck (as usual).
Is there a way we can help you? Maybe you want to share your concept of the zoo with us or background story and we can tell you, what we associate with it. When I'm stuck with writing it sometimes helps me when someone listens to my rambling and feedback what they get :D

Is there a way we can help you? Maybe you want to share your concept of the zoo with us or background story and we can tell you, what we associate with it. When I'm stuck with writing it sometimes helps me when someone listens to my rambling and feedback what they get :D

I appreciate that, but I decided to do what everyone always says I should do and look up some real zoo entrances for inspiration. I ended up really liking the design choices of the Singapore Zoo entrance and the Chiba Zoological Park entrance, so I'm going to attempt to fuse the two into something (the wooden slats on the Singapore Zoo entrance are particularly to my fancy, and we have the means to recreate that in-game). If I can figure out how to get my screenshots to post here I'll share it (and the chimpanzee house for @Urufu1997) when it's done.

I appreciate that, but I decided to do what everyone always says I should do and look up some real zoo entrances for inspiration. I ended up really liking the design choices of the Singapore Zoo entrance and the Chiba Zoological Park entrance, so I'm going to attempt to fuse the two into something (the wooden slats on the Singapore Zoo entrance are particularly to my fancy, and we have the means to recreate that in-game). If I can figure out how to get my screenshots to post here I'll share it (and the chimpanzee house for @Urufu1997) when it's done.
I use postimg.cc . The forum itself is a bit picky with screenshot size and such. Looking forward to see your entrance! I struggle with entrances often as well.

I've made a lot of Progress with the new Bear Island and they are finally back. But a Building in their Enclosure doesn't look that good so I need to design a new Building. The Backstage Area of the Enclosure does also need to be designed. They do have such a beautiful View from their Enclosure, I bet the Guests would love it too to see the Garden Pavillon from their Enclosure

Top Bottom