Call to Arms for a Free Colonia

There are as many reasons as there are folks involved, if not more, and ... it's likely expanding as the conflict goes.
So, does it really matter to anyone but each individual what their reasons are?

I guess you had your own reasons to take the system while Explorer's Nation was out and about, and they had their reasons to see this as unacceptable (assuming they did). It probably goes on from there (again, wild(?) speculation on my part). These conflicts are nothing new, right? Reasons existed on both sides, some new, some not.

There are as many reasons as there are folks involved, if not more, and ... it's likely expanding as the conflict goes.

I guess you had your own reasons to take the system while Explorer's Nation was out and about, and they had their reasons to see this as unacceptable (assuming they did). It probably goes on from there (again, wild(?) speculation on my part). These conflicts are nothing new, right? Reasons existed on both sides, some new, some not.

"Reasons existed."

This is the best you've got? The reasons are certainly a lot more compelling than the ones your group has rolled out:

"Phisto mean grr."

That's a very good way of avoiding the question, so let's try to be more specific, what are your reasons?

Let me repeat then: "does it really matter to anyone but each individual what their reasons are?"

Folks on this thread have stated at least the following motive for taking part in the war: credits.
Who doesn't want more credits?

The whole notion that motives need to shared and examined is odd.
Motives are personal, it's what sets you in motion. It's not meant to convince others, and certainly not the opposite side, of anything.

So, let's not further badger anyone on their personal whys, alrighty?

Let me repeat then: "does it really matter to anyone but each individual what their reasons are?"

Folks on this thread have stated at least the following motive for taking part in the war: credits.

Motives are personal, it's what sets you in motion. It's not meant to convince others, and certainly not the opposite side, of anything.

I love how the AAA's stated rationale for involving themselves in Carcosa has evolved from LAW AND ORDER to c'mon man it doesn't matter why we're here credits maybe who knows.

EDIT: Snarkiness aside, one's motive for coming 22K light years to fight a group of strangers who have arguably benefited their adopted community is one that most casual readers would certainly wonder about. You aren't obligated to disclose your reasons, of course... but my word, if you have a case to make, now is the time to do so.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... yes. Yes, your reasons matter.

Last edited:
When they are clearly directed at me and my friends for legitimate criticism of the systemic issues within your organization I will continue to speak as I see fit.

You can't evade these shots, bud.

I did use that word for a reason.

4f4nkg.jpg

If you want to test it, be my guest.

I love how the AAA's stated rationale for involving themselves in Carcosa has evolved from LAW AND ORDER to c'mon man it doesn't matter why we're here credits maybe who knows.
[...]
I guess what I'm trying to say is... yes. Yes, your reasons matter.

What you are trying to say is that you don't understand the difference between personal motives and a group/effort's stated rationale.

Our adversaries have managed to bring up reinforcements from the bubble for this fight - as one person aptly put it, they are taking a sledgehammer to a nut. Barring any substantial support in the coming days, we do not expect to win.

This will spell the end of the availability of Federal and Alliance ships in Colonia.

As we look towards the future, it must be understood that the dynamic of the conflict will shift as the Reapers and assorted allies become the attackers, and our opponents become the defenders. I think it goes without saying that the number of factions involved in this crusade of theirs means Colonia will be, for the foreseeable future, a target-rich environment.

As with all things, we encourage direct action and resistance in whatever way you choose. You can reach us on our Discord, or here on the forums, for ways to help.

I want to extend a sincere thank-you to the pilots and groups who rallied and helped us defend Carcosa twice over these past two weeks. Each day the Nameless remains in control of Robardin Rock is another day where someone can buy these ships, and it is that fact that embodies the spirit of defiance we all share.

No matter what our enemies say, this fight is only beginning. It will not end this week. It will not end this month. It will not end this year, or next. This is a long, drawn out conflict in its infancy. Alliances will be made, proxy wars will be fought, an insurgency will rise in Colonia against these self-appointed "lawful" rulers. Their allies here and abroad will soon learn the error of their ways. Oppression will be met with resistance. Tyranny will be met with rebellion.

Stand with us in solidarity, not just for Carcosa, or Colonia - but for all of human space. Rise up and challenge the authorities. Force their hand. Refuse to be manipulated. Do not rise to their provocations. Make your own powerplays, organise embargoes and blockade their ports. Break their hold and force them out into the open. Blaze a trail. Visibility is the one thing they cannot abide.

If you are reading this, YOU ARE THE RESISTANCE.

Just giving "cashmoneez" as the main motive is a bit cheap.

I'll reiterate mine. The original CCN was a very inclusive and open community. There were events, expeditions, the mapping project, a Militia, the Outlander badge you could earn, etc., etc. Then came the CEI and suddenly we had huge groups that were not (or barely) involved in Colonia before being given the chance to create a bubble 2.0. Things shifted into a private, invite only environment only, where the fate of Colonia was decided. Independents suddenly had no voice anymore. It was virtually impossible to be heard, because the exclusive club of kingdom builders simply gave two flying... you know. My way or the highway.

Then came LR, who are very open and inviting. Faction ships may have been a side effect of their agenda, but it was a positive thing worth fighting for. It is easy to get into contact and they at least pretend to listen and don't push independents around. I feel heard, and I feel like I can contribute to something again. They are not telling people "do this or do that to further our cause" but say "do what you think benefits Colonia" while sharing enough info to make up ones mind what that might be.

It is the fight of exclusive vs inclusive for me. I want to be part of a community, not a peon.

I'll reiterate mine. The original CCN was a very inclusive and open community. There were events, expeditions, the mapping project, a Militia, the Outlander badge you could earn, etc., etc. Then came the CEI and suddenly we had huge groups that were not (or barely) involved in Colonia before being given the chance to create a bubble 2.0. Things shifted into a private, invite only environment only, where the fate of Colonia was decided. Independents suddenly had no voice anymore. It was virtually impossible to be heard, because the exclusive club of kingdom builders simply gave two flying... you know. My way or the highway.

Then came LR, who are very open and inviting. Faction ships may have been a side effect of their agenda, but it was a positive thing worth fighting for. It is easy to get into contact and they at least pretend to listen and don't push independents around. I feel heard, and I feel like I can contribute to something again. They are not telling people "do this or do that to further our cause" but say "do what you think benefits Colonia" while sharing enough info to make up ones mind what that might be.

It is the fight of exclusive vs inclusive for me. I want to be part of a community, not a peon.

Well said. But you've got your answer right there. We face the kingdom builders and their ilk again now. And they don't disclose their motives to peons.

Last edited:

Called it.

For all those asking for clarification, based on my experience, you will be given the runaround with no real answer, then told the answer is irrelevant,

We are humbled by your candid words and thank you for sharing your positive experience.

This is what we fight for folks. The freedom to play your way,.be part of a community and improve the whole region through our actions individually and as a whole.

Ratkatcher comments:

That would be me - running a Fleet Carrier with all services enabled does need a reasonable buffer of credits behind it, so the old adage "make hay while the sun shines" certainly applies here - I'm pleased to consider almost a year in upkeep had been earned to date - certainly worth taking when such ridiculous sums may be earned!

Quite sincerely I'd like to thank you and your allies for providing some of the best content (and as a result, fun - obviously) I have seen in the game in my 3 years of play. I'm sure that the next year or so will be replete with actions and counters and that in no way would anyone be able to declare the game stagnant in the Nebula - with the 'new' content being injected by the developers over the next 2 years it is my feeling that there will be stories aplenty to be written by all of us.

Permit me to raise my glass to you 🍻 to the future, whatever it may hold.

Then came the CEI and suddenly we had huge groups that were not (or barely) involved in Colonia before being given the chance to create a bubble 2.0.
Or were they?

The early CGs to rescue Jaques had ten thousand participants. CCN at the time had maybe a thousand people on the discord server, most of whom wouldn't consider their primary loyalty to CCN itself. The other ninety percent? A lot of those will have been associated with groups which later became part of the CEI. A substantial portion of CCN's membership were from groups like SEPP, Galcop, etc. Those people hauling hundreds of tonnes of low-supply rares 22,000 LY were doing it because [1] - like we did - they believed in Colonia, its potential, and its future. Many of the CEI factions ran their own expeditions and events - Eol Prou Group organised the Hyponia Horizons expedition, taking advantage of Colonia's location to map the edges of that mysterious sector, for example.

The diversity of the CEI is certainly imperfect - as you say, there's no real forum for independent individual Colonia residents to speak up about the direction of travel, but then, there never really was (not that it stops either of us, of course) - but it is a large improvement on the more limited diversity of the CCN. When I've suggested ways that Colonia could be developed further in a player-led fashion, I've always been careful to leave room for independent residents to contribute to the direction for that reason.

The Jaques Accords (by which I mean the political events around their creation, not the largely irrelevant text of the document itself) replaced the attempted hegemony of the original CCN with a more limited scope CEI. CCN's projects like the mapping project, expeditions, events, etc. could all have in theory continued entirely unaffected by that, but in practice CCN's other projects were already starting to collapse because
1) CCN's leadership [2] were too focused on a futile and entirely unnecessary attempt to "keep the peace between the CEI groups" [3] and not focused enough on what else CCN could valuably bring to the region as it had in the early days.
2) CCN's insistence that it was "a network" and not "a player group" while simultaneously having more roles, ranks, committees, diplomatic relationships, etc. than most people could count and in all practical respects acting like a player group ended up being fatally self-destructive over what should have been the very simple question of "is it okay for CCN's members to brutally murder each other?". Actual player groups who admit that's what they are either answer 'yes' or 'no' to that question very quickly and move on [4] ... CCN spent weeks publicly and self-destructively debating the question (much to the amusement of the group doing the shooting, I'm sure), narrowly voted "yes", then immediately launched into a second round of debate because the losing side felt that the question hadn't been framed properly / the murderers themselves shouldn't have had a vote / they still didn't like being shot at.

There wasn't a lot left after that ... but it wasn't the fault of the CEI groups, who have collectively done a lot for the region since then. I've hauled alongside members of pretty much every CEI group at the various CGs which established and developed the region ... the badly-needed Whirling Station only happened because Galcop pushed for it and made the narrative around it interesting enough for Frontier to pick it up ... the Tenjin Pioneers Colonia put their takeover of Kojeara on hold for weeks to avoid interfering with a CG there ... members of multiple groups contributed alongside many independents to the initial engineering projects I coordinated ... various expeditions and events and so on.

We all have different views on exactly how the region should develop, both in terms of direction and in terms of method of determination of that direction (and I doubt most of the CEI groups agree with each other on a lot of that). But we are all here for Colonia, for a new settlement free from the old superpowers.

[1] Well, okay, except for the one obvious exception
[2] To which I had recently been appointed. The reason I know just how badly the leadership were messing things up was because a few of those mistakes - with the best of intentions, of course - were mine. I foolishly attempted to reconcile CCN's multiple competing visions for itself into something at least internally consistent ... and the act of actually writing that down just exposed the contradictions and blew the whole thing up.
[3] The phrase "you and whose army?" wasn't used during that discussion, as far as I recall, for sound diplomatic reasons. But it was, essentially, the key point of debate.
[4] Mostly "no", of course.

These wars have certainly had there effect :

I have seen the PS4 Squadron almost quadruple , so a great recruiting drive thanks to the AAA

Six of us were in open combat last night un-opposed

But Ive also seen brothers and sisters twisted by their experiences, embrace the casual ,collateral damage approach of the enemy.

Me ? Im just the same ..... Kill them All

Death to Tyrants
You've seen an effect? At the start of the current conflict it was just me. :LOL:

I honestly have to say that when we started the PS4 side of the squadron back at the end of January I only expected we'd see one or two people interested. Now we have a respectable group and friends who enjoy flying together. It safe to say we're the largest group flying in open up here on our platform. It's been a blast and as @Rat Catcher says, we do have to thank the opposition as whilst I'm sure increasing the population of anarchy supporting players wasn't their intention, it's made quite a few players engage with the game and creating a story and whatever side you're on, that's a good thing.

Top Bottom