What is the highest payout for a single system in exploration data? My record is over 18 million CR

Found this system worth over 18 million.. located between Colonia and Sagittarius A. It has 9 terraformables with decent mass and 2 water worlds.

The system is SCREAKI BA-Y D1-337

Attachments

• IMG_3eba7967-adcb-4e92-a9cd-d48118775151.png
    IMG_3eba7967-adcb-4e92-a9cd-d48118775151.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 268
My personal best is 26.6 million and some change, and that's nowhere near the highest ones AFAIK.
Mind you, no Li-Yong Rui bonus or any other than using FSS & DSS (and their respective 'first to' bonuses) is involved.

Last edited:
Mine is 29,688,045 cr for Phreia Flyou FG-V d3-116. There are much higher payouts, like 80,000,000 cr.
These high payouts are a result of a Li Yong-Rui powerplay bonus that pays you 3x the normal payout, I think (never used it myself).
My highest is currently listed at just over 22 million, since last docking I came across one that EDD estimates at >24 million, iirc.

Speaking of that LYR bonus, I am currently out there with ~2.5-3 billion worth of data to sell - could make that 7.5-9 billion :oops: (at the risk of dying in the process to acquire the required PP rank/points/whatever (never did PP before).

Last edited:
These high payouts are a result of a Li Yong-Rui powerplay bonus that pays you 3x the normal payout, I think (never used it myself).
My highest is currently listed at just over 22 million, since last docking I came across one that EDD estimates at >24 million, iirc.

Speaking of that LYR bonus, I am currently out there with ~1.5-2 billion worth of data to sell - could make that 4.5-6 billion :oops: (at the risk of dying in the process to acquire the required PP rank/points/whatever (never did PP before).

I see. I did not consider that, since I never really did power play. I pledged for ALD for RP purposes. But never did anything. I would not even know how.lol

How is that with LYR? Do you have to just pledge for LYR to get the bonus, or do you have to do something actively ?

I see. I did not consider that, since I never really did power play. I pledged for ALD for RP purposes. But never did anything. I would not even know how.lol

How is that with LYR? Do you have to just pledge for LYR to get the bonus, or do you have to do something actively ?
Well, as said, I haven't done any PP at all, so I had to read it up myself - any PP expert, if I got something wrong, please correct me.
It's explained in the link I provided above along with the info I found in the Elite Wiki.

Just pledging is not enough, but you also need to earn Merits to achieve a level 5 Rating for your choosen power (LYR in this case). That can be done by combat, piracy, or transportation of special goods.
As dying in combat loses the billions of exploration data you may be sitting on, transport is probably the more attractive alternative. The cargo you need to carry is limited and spawns over time, but it is possible to accellerate that by paying credits.
  • each cargo unit earns you 1 Merit point
  • accellerating the spawn rate of the cargo unit costs 10kcr per unit
  • you need 10k Merit to unlock the level 5 rating
  • => you can pay ~100 million credits for 10k cargo units = 10 k merit points to unlock the level 5 rating
    • you get 60 million back from the delivery, so you only lose 40 million to triple your exploration income
  • just remember that you also need to deliver the 10k units,
    • ~40-50 trips in a Python
    • ~15 trips in a Type 9
    • (I think it's mission related cargo, so you can't unload and stack it up in a fleet carrier, but others might correct me on this)
  • and don't die if you get intercepted :eek: (solo mode advised :whistle: )
Oh and one last thing, your rating only changes with the Powerplay tick on Thursday morning (UTC), meaning over the week you work to earn your merit points, and with the tick your rating will increase according to the work you have invested in the previous week. And if you don't invest effort in a week, your rating will drop with the next tick.

Edit: Oh what were these screams? Could that have been the open-only Powerplay advocates???

Last edited:
What was the payout for that and was it actually very high because it was before fdev updated exploration to pay out higher..
It was enough to hit elite with that one system by the old measure. Probably enough to hit elite by the current measure (I forget the exact number), either way, if your system is not worth 100M you're not even in the same county, never mind ball park.

So stop reaching for your trousers, whatever you can produce will only be disappointing in this epeen contest by comparison. ;)

It was enough to hit elite with that one system by the old measure. Probably enough to hit elite by the current measure (I forget the exact number), either way, if your system is not worth 100M you're not even in the same county, never mind ball park.

So stop reaching for your trousers, whatever you can produce will only be disappointing in this epeen contest by comparison. ;)

I would love to see the screenshot of the payout on that

IIRC SagA* was worth 300M originally.

You need to carry 10000 tons (~13 Cutter loads) of power play materials from one system to a nearby system before the next Thursday server tick. Then you'll be rank 5 and can sell your data.

You can only buy them 10 tons at a time. I definitely recommend a macro.

In addition to a Cutter or T9 to carry the goods you'll need to spend 100 million on the power play goods. You'll get 50 back the next week though.

Do it in solo, it's super safe and a great way to make a lot of money.

Top Bottom