Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod

That is very tricky and a lot of work, but not necessarily impossible. Don't take this wrong, but I only invest tons of time in things I want for myself, and this isn't on the list.

That is perfectly understandable Duck. Have you considered what to do if this MOD stops working under Odyssey?
I have slowly started setting things back to default to get myself used to the idea. Only thing I kept was the clean canopy.
X.

That is perfectly understandable Duck. Have you considered what to do if this MOD stops working under Odyssey?
I have slowly started setting things back to default to get myself used to the idea. Only thing I kept was the clean canopy.
X.
Oh I totally expect the shaders to change, but I hope 3DMigoto still works. It won't take me long to identify the new shaders, but it might take a bit more effort to rewrite shaders that have been customized. It's one of the reasons I'm not spending that much time on the mod at this moment, because I'll likely have to do it all again for Odyssey. Thankfully the hardest part of modding ED was learning how to use all the more advanced features of 3DMigoto (the documentation is rubbish), and that part is behind me now.

@Old Duck I am having a not so minor prob with the game freezing after a minute or 2. Any idea off the top of your head what could be causing the freeze?

Edit: I removed the mod and the problem went away so the cause of the freeze must be within the 0.99 update.

I would like to try the blank substitute texture mod alone to see if it will work for me without freezing the game. Possible?

Last edited:
hello, what are the pc minimum requirements for the mod, unfortunately it jerks for me?

my computer specs are:

Noctua NH-D15s fan
Intel Core i7-4770K (3.50GHz / 8MB) overclocks to 4.5GHZ
Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 8G Gaming
Asus Maximus VII Hero
Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 32GB
Samsung SSD 840 EVO Basic 750GB + Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1 TB
Coolermaster HAF X / Big Tower, ATX
Corsair RM850 Power Supply 850W
Noctua NF-P14 FLX
3 case fans, 14cm
Inateck PCI USB plug-in card
Asus Xonar Essence 7.1 STX II sound card
Screen BenQ XL2720Z 144 Hz
Screen Benq GW2760HS 60 Hz
Track IR5
Oculus Rift
Samsung Odyssey +
Valve Index

Last edited:
@Old Duck I am having a not so minor prob with the game freezing after a minute or 2. Any idea off the top of your head what could be causing the freeze?

Edit: I removed the mod and the problem went away so the cause of the freeze must be within the 0.99 update.

I would like to try the blank substitute texture mod alone to see if it will work for me without freezing the game. Possible?
I don't know why you are having crashes, but what I would try first is deleting all the files from the ShaderFixes directory. This will remove tweaks like HUD colors, realistic suns, etc. but it will keep all the overrides for things like a clean HUD, black space, no Tron planets, and other "turn off completely" modifications. If you still get crashes, then there is something that your computer / video card doesn't like about 3DMigoto itself, and I have no advice there since that's someone else's software.

hello, what are the pc minimum requirements for the mod, unfortunately it jerks for me?
Define "jerks". I have no problem with things like framerate, and my computer is lesser speced that yours. If anything the mod should give you better framerates, since it turns off a bunch of shaders, thus reducing the workload of your GPU. Like the advice I gave the last fellow, first thing to try is to remove all the files from the ShaderFixes directory and see if you still have performance issues. If you do, then there's something about your computer or your graphics settings that 3DMigoto doesn't like.

BTW, I have suffered from a "Max Headroom" effect for some time now when playing Elite on a monitor (but not in VR), however I'm pretty sure I started seeing this before I installed 3DMigoto...

There is also a known bug where if you turn on ambient lighting (off by default), it sometimes "pulses" bright. I thinks this is a side-effect of making the local stars much brighter, but I'm not sure. I keep AL off most of the time, so it doesn't bother me personally, but someday I'll try to track this bug down and fix it.

I don't know why you are having crashes, but what I would try first is deleting all the files from the ShaderFixes directory. This will remove tweaks like HUD colors, realistic suns, etc. but it will keep all the overrides for things like a clean HUD, black space, no Tron planets, and other "turn off completely" modifications. If you still get crashes, then there is something that your computer / video card doesn't like about 3DMigoto itself, and I have no advice there since that's someone else's software.
I removed all shader fixes but still got the freeze within a minute or so. I had no freezes or other probs with the original setup from page one. The freezes only started with the update to .99. Does that give you any clues?

I removed all shader fixes but still got the freeze within a minute or so. I had no freezes or other probs with the original setup from page one. The freezes only started with the update to .99. Does that give you any clues?
What happens if you put the ShaderFixes files back in place, but then use the d3dx.ini file from the original post? There could be something in the latest .ini that's causing you problems, though I'm not sure what..

What happens if you put the ShaderFixes files back in place, but then use the d3dx.ini file from the original post? There could be something in the latest .ini that's causing you problems, though I'm not sure what..
I went back to vanilla ED config (no mods) for an extended test and after a while it froze. The whole problem could be due to the latest windows update since. I will try rolling it back.

hello old duck and many thanks for your prompt reply. by "jerks" I mean that after the mod installation Its stutter quite a lot (fps) ...just one more question for your quote:
first thing to try is to remove all the files from the ShaderFixes directory ...

where are the files stored that I should delete all, I mean which ed path folder?

thanks and greetings daniel
sorry the translator is horrible...

Attachments

• Screenshot (625).png
    Screenshot (625).png
    97.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Apologies if I missed it in this extensive thread, but is there a way to turn off the two vertical lines in the HUD in Analysis Mode?

(oh, and I haven't checked in for a while so: keep up the good work Old Duck, I've been a user of this mod for about 6-7 months and it's hands down awesome, thank you again)

Last edited:
Apologies if I missed it in this extensive thread, but is there a way to turn off the two vertical lines in the HUD in Analysis Mode?

(oh, and I haven't checked in for a while so: keep up the good work Old Duck, I've been a user of this mod for about 6-7 months and it's hands down awesome)
Yes, it's in the latest update a few pages back (the one that includes a link to a zip file in Dropbox). Here's the thing - it only works in 2D, as it seems Elite uses a different hash in VR. When the next rainy day comes, I'll see if I can get it working in VR as well. To make it work on 2D, just tap F1 a couple of times. The F1 cycles as follows:

• Full HUD
  • Partial HUD (removes all "outside the ship" UI elements)
  • Minimal HUD (removes analysis mode and info panel)
  • No HUD (like CTRL-ALT-G, also turns off lights inside ship)

@Old Duck I have had quite a go with old version vs. new one. At this point I have the new version installed. Would you mind identifying which shaderfix/setting will eliminate the analysis mode brackets as marked in the pic while in supercruise? If not in supercruise the brackets fade out after a few seconds but in supercruise they are solid and don't fade out. Also they are solid in SRV in analysis mode.

Other questions:
Certain elements of the HUD like the shield/radar holo ship images are blank. Is that on purpose? Delete certain shaderfixes to get them to show up?
Where are the colors you chose saved? In the shaderfixes, in the graphicsconfigurationoverride.xml, or somewhere else?
I get some flashing when using the ambient light function. I recall spotting a comment about that but can't find it now. Fix for that?

Thanks again for your work.
RIM test.png

Last edited:
You’re not using the supplied graphics config xml file, specifically the HUD colour values he’s using.
No joy. Same as above with either file. I noticed this time around that my NVidia filters don't load and alt-F3 doesn't call up the overlay with the new version. Works fine with the old version. What do you think @Old Duck?

Last edited:
Top Bottom