Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod

That's a good point about the target chevron, had totally missed that

Target Chevron
a21b8e41ec493648

Radar Zoom widget - is that the one you mean?
a3c2d4187e44e72c

Also, I should add a few notes about f6f4895ec35cc873 (the multi-element HUD shader)

It changes / swaps according to the materials quality setting.

At Med (and sometimes High) you'll find the same shader at
0d5457b8319da235

And for Low quality materials it becomes
fb1851691797d2a6

And when taking damage, it randomly becomes
4ed9bdc658a034d0

EDIT: I nearly forgot, in the Elite graphics options, if the player sets
DISABLE GUI EFFECTS = ON

Then it will load yet another version of this shader, dcf4442f0c926aae

Hence, this shader is nicknamed the PITA shader

I haven't done much with the SRV yet .. to be honest I'm a bit scared to look :) A new can of worms
That is indeed the one for that zoom widget. Thank you.

The SRV is a whole new can of worms indeed. There are a lot of hashes that work in the ship that don't carry over into the srv. Even elements (like the terrain appearing at low elevations or the landing pad) that aren't even an issue most of the time. It's unfortunate but that's the game we play. :cool: I enjoy playing with all these shaders and mods.

The SRV is a whole new can of worms indeed. There are a lot of hashes that work in the ship that don't carry over into the srv. Even elements (like the terrain appearing at low elevations or the landing pad) that aren't even an issue most of the time. It's unfortunate but that's the game we play. :cool: I enjoy playing with all these shaders and mods.
Yeah me too, it's like a complex puzzle you assemble in your mind and then see the results on the screen

I was just in my SRV a few moments ago, and the part of the radar that shows your elevation is 7cf9cfa0f016b2b0 .. well, I think that's the one you mean .. the diagonal lines that show the underground area?

The landing coaster is 71d9a779e90e46a1, landing distance line is 169f3d42070f42f8, and the landing pad target thingy is 927f01581186fdb6. I only just found these today so I'm not sure if they're linked to other elements. The rest of the holographic landing pad seems linked to the OwnShip hologram

What sort of mod are you working on?

I have the mod installed and use some of the options regularly now: Hud targeting elements off, darker blacks, and interior/acc lights off. What I really want is the ability to toggle every element of the display (even better to change their colors too). My primary need is to be able to toggle the vertical bars on/off when in analysis mode. Possible now? Is so what do I add to the override file?

I'm also waiting to see if Frontier says anything. So far, nothing. In fact, a very old thread from 2016 popped up recently where somebody else posted actual shaders (to get rid of dust) and it seems Frontier was fine with that. I'll take no news as good news.
Hi Old Duck and Immersion mod gang, I wanted to share with you a statement from FDev via CMDR Exigeous who recently asked his FDev contacts about modding with 3Dmigoto. This is their reply
Code:
---------------
Thanks for waiting so patiently whilst we got back to you.

Whilst we cannot officially support or condone the use of this tool as you say, 
it does seem pretty simple and the use of this tool will not cause an account to be restricted.

This may change in the future of course if the tool goes under significant changes so that it 
alters gameplay or provides an advantage to players using it, but for now it is safe to use.

With this information in mind I may include a disclaimer if you do make a YouTube video about this tool.
--------------
I think we're fine as long as no-one modifies anything that might provide an advantage to players, and I think it goes without saying that we don't mod anything ARX related.

The reason I encode all the files in my mod is to reduce the likelihood the techniques will be used for 'unethical modding' (which will lead to migoto getting blocked), but that being said I'm happy to collaborate with anyone who is dedicated to making the game look better in a 'Frontier friendly' way

o7

I'm pretty sure this would remove ALL ships from the game... I can try, but it won't be right away.
OK thanks anyway. I'd like to point that this request wasn't for any advantage in the game ( you should think the same thing with increasing fov or tweak dust or shades in my opinion). I asked for it because I'm building an home cockpit and having the cockpit inside the screen is really immersion breaking. That is all. Anyway thank you old duck for the kind reply. Keep it up the good work! Cheers

Why are my lens flares gone? Whenever I look at a star from a distance, or a white dwarf, it doesn't have that "squinting horizontal glare" line that comes out from the brightness. I installed the newest version on page 21, and any keys I hit "f1", etc, do not return the flares. It is only when I remove the mod from my directory, that do they come back.

I tried doing it without fiddling with commenting out mods, but even when doing it, nothing I did works. I really hope somebody can help.

I also noticed the absence of lens flares but don't miss them. It makes for a more realistic screenshot.

Still trying to find out how I can toggle the vertical bars bracketing the fire groups on the hud. Anyone?

I kinda of miss them on white dwarfs. Also they look quite realistic tbh, especially considering how the sun from the earth looks.

Old Duck, is there any toggleable way to get the flares back?

I kinda of miss them on white dwarfs. Also they look quite realistic tbh, especially considering how the sun from the earth looks.

Old Duck, is there any toggleable way to get the flares back?
I honestly don't know. Flares are something I turned off long ago in Elite's config file / settings, because my VR lenses give me all the flare I need (and a whole lot more). Remember the disclaimer, this mod is provided "as is".

Although I'm sure alot of us play in VR, many don't. In any case, this mod is amazing and I guess something this small doesn't ruin immersion too much. Although if you do get some deep free time, it would be nice. I am actually a mod developer for aircraft simulation in another game, so I know this probably sucks time out like a black hole. Lens flares do seem like something that could be easily fixed, in any case.

Anyways, thanks.

I also noticed the absence of lens flares but don't miss them. It makes for a more realistic screenshot.

Still trying to find out how I can toggle the vertical bars bracketing the fire groups on the hud. Anyone?
The only hash I know of that removes the fire group frame lines (I called them hardpoint brackets) is 178045604e0b329c and as stated many pages back by OD, that one only works for Combat mode. The hash for Analysis mode still eludes us.

The only hash I know of that removes the fire group frame lines (I called them hardpoint brackets) is 178045604e0b329c and as stated many pages back by OD, that one only works for Combat mode. The hash for Analysis mode still eludes us.
There is no hash exclusively for analysis mode, you need to remove it using advanced techniques. I removed mine using a blank substitute texture, included in my latest update a few pages back. The problem is that the texture / shader hashes change depending on circumstances - quality settings, whether or not you're in VR, etc. It's a real PITA to deal with; the HUD is a unraveled ball of yarn when it comes to UI elements and their rendering shaders.

Is there a way I could go in and enable lens flares? I do have some experience with this stuff so I'd assume it's just a line of code or two.

Top Bottom