Clicking problems in franchise

Is franchise always this janky and infuriating? The buttons often take several (SEVERAL) times to click, specifically with the animal market and everything concerning selecting and placing an animal from it. When you try to click on an animal in the market, click through the pages of the market, (the "next" and "previous" buttons,) filter, refresh, place an animal from the market in quarantine, a habitat, etc.... just everything. You deal with buttons that refuse to be clicked 80% of the time. If it were simply a matter of loading (like how it has to try to connect) and all you had to do was click once and wait, I'd have plenty of patience. But I don't believe this is the case-- it really will never do anything, until you've tried clicking again and again until it responds.

Is this normal? I haven't played Franchise since Beta. I can't believe people tolerate playing this mode, if this is a common issue.

Yes, this has always been a problem in the market place in franchise mode. I help myself out by pressing the enter key after a click doesn't respond. This usually helps. I don't know if they are going to fix or improve this behaviour further.

Yes, this has always been a problem in the market place in franchise mode. I help myself out by pressing the enter key after a click doesn't respond. This usually helps. I don't know if they are going to fix or improve this behaviour further.

I'm no video game expert, but it's shocking to me this isn't considered, just.... inexcusable, bad show. That's just terrible design/optimization, isn't it? I don't want to seem rude to Frontier staff, as they work really hard, but jeez.

The only button, that occasionally doesn't work for me is the Buy button in Franchise.
And I think that is a internet thing.
I just think there is more traffic than the server can handle. Or the animal isn't available anymore once I click and therefore the game doesn't respond.

but yeah, there appears to be a single button in the game that doesn't work properly.

It doesn't happen anymore since a while when I'm playing, but sometimes the P, L and X Key refuse to work until I've pressed them something like 10 Times. It's especially annoying if I want to pause the Game trough pressing P and it doesn't work, so I'm missing a Opportunity to create a perfect Screenshot. It also doesn't work sometimes when I move something with X and then click to place it

Last edited:
i can confirm this has been a problem on my end since release. not only that but also after using steam overlay sometimes my camera movement gets stuck and keeps moving into one direction until i press esc or open some menu.

It doesn't happen anymore since a while when I'm playing, but sometimes the P, L and X Key refuse to work until I've pressed them something like 10 Times. It's especially annoying if I want to pause the Game trough pressing P and it doesn't work, so I'm missing a Opportunity to create a perfect Screenshot. It also doesn't work sometimes when I move something with X and then click to place it
do you open the steam overlay prior to this? because i noticed the opening steam overlay can break a lot of things after like 5-10 mins, see my post that is 2 posts above.

do you open the steam overlay prior to this? because i noticed the opening steam overlay can break a lot of things after like 5-10 mins, see my post that is 2 posts above.
I do sometimes open Steam while I'm playing. The missed Opportunity to create a perfect Llama Screenshot because I couldn't pause the Game with P was shortly after I've got a Message and read it. Maybe I should do some Tests if this Stuff only happens after that

This has been a problem for me too but I was pleasantly surprised to experience no lag in the market last night. Maybe they finally fixed it?

This has been a problem for me too but I was pleasantly surprised to experience no lag in the market last night. Maybe they finally fixed it?

No, sadly not. I was playing around a little a few hours ago since I was bored and decided to breed some Lemurs for the challange, and it was the same endless clicking and pressing enter it's always been :(

2 tricks that work really well to avoid unresponsiveness in the Franchise market:

Most UI items respond if you use the Enter key right after clicking on them. The exception is the selection of an animal to show its stats or to buy it. In that case, if you click into the right end corners of the animal‘s bar, you can select it usually right away. You might have to try it a bit in the beginning to find the best spots for this.

I used to curse at the market, it was driving me crazy and I was about to switch completely to Sandbox or Challenge. But these two tricks saved my sanity. Sometimes, there might be some short connectivity issues before a purchase is confirmed, but that‘s to be expected and doesn‘t take long.

Since we can “force” the market UI respond this way, it seems extremely bizarre that Frontier hasn‘t done anything to fix this.

2 tricks that work really well to avoid unresponsiveness in the Franchise market:

Most UI items respond if you use the Enter key right after clicking on them. The exception is the selection of an animal to show its stats or to buy it. In that case, if you click into the right end corners of the animal‘s bar, you can select it usually right away. You might have to try it a bit in the beginning to find the best spots for this.

I used to curse at the market, it was driving me crazy and I was about to switch completely to Sandbox or Challenge. But these two tricks saved my sanity. Sometimes, there might be some short connectivity issues before a purchase is confirmed, but that‘s to be expected and doesn‘t take long.

Since we can “force” the market UI respond this way, it seems extremely bizarre that Frontier hasn‘t done anything to fix this.
Neither of these have worked for me when I do experience button unresponsiveness. Some weeks it works fine others not so much. But if it is unresponsive, it is unresponsive to any clicking or pressing enter.

I have owned the game for a couple months now and I was getting desperate about the clicking issues when I play franchise. I just found this thread and it seems that this has been a very common problem for a long time. My internet connection is quite good (I never have problems when working from home or streaming in HD), but I have to click many many many times on each animal in the trade centre. This is so tiring and annoying that I don't want to play franchise anymore. I'm moving to challenge mode, which seems not to have that issue. It's a shame that the challengue mode doesn't have the option to keep what you have researched for all your zoos and you have to research it again every time. I hope Frontier finds a way to fix franchise mode though.

I have owned the game for a couple months now and I was getting desperate about the clicking issues when I play franchise. I just found this thread and it seems that this has been a very common problem for a long time. My internet connection is quite good (I never have problems when working from home or streaming in HD), but I have to click many many many times on each animal in the trade centre. This is so tiring and annoying that I don't want to play franchise anymore. I'm moving to challenge mode, which seems not to have that issue. It's a shame that the challengue mode doesn't have the option to keep what you have researched for all your zoos and you have to research it again every time. I hope Frontier finds a way to fix franchise mode though.

Unfortunately this is still an issue. There is a workaround - press space if the clicking doesn't work - it usually works for me. If that doesn't work, close and reopen the trading center.

Top Bottom