Planet Coaster | Pre-Order and Deluxe Edition Announcement

From the video, I couldn't tell if there was cross-platform sharing with the Frontier Workshop. I thought I heard 'A workshop only for PS, and a workshop only for XBOX'. If that's true, I sure hope that changes as soon as possible.

From the video, I couldn't tell if there was cross-platform sharing with the Frontier Workshop. I thought I heard 'A workshop only for PS, and a workshop only for XBOX'. If that's true, I sure hope that changes as soon as possible.
That's also what I got. I hope not.

I have a couple of questions regarding the port.

1. Is ps+ required to access the workshop?
2. Are the menus expandable? From what your streams have shown me, only two rows of stuff are visible when the player is selecting a coaster for example. ghkgh.PNG

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
This excerpt from a new Developer Journal confirms that there will be separate Workshops for PS and XBOX...
Each of the 3 platforms, PC, Xbox and PlayStation will now have their own unique Workshop to browse. While that means Xbox and PlayStation cannot access each other’s Workshops, it allows Xbox and PlayStation to grow their own individual community of amazing Workshop creations.

I can understand having Steam Workshop for pc's, I'm okay with that.
But to have separate workshops for each console, that's very unfortunate. :(
I don't want to find out that someone made something really cool for console A and I have console B.
Is it because Frontier can't do it for some technical reasons? That's a better reason than what was given.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hope you change it in the future, it's very unfortunate having 3 different communities that can't relate with each other, I assume it also means a separation of maps? so we can't see the XBOX or PC if we are in PS

I hope this would happen too. There is a post that I found interesting, and if there's more likes and views to this post, it might alert the Devs and have them reconsider it.

With the new PlayStation Store update I cant see the Planet Coaster game :(
Here it is:

It is also important to note that sometimes, games may not appear in the PS store based on the country/region the account is set to. Still, with games like Planet Coaster, it is very rarely the case. Let us know if this link directs you to the game.

• Is the size of the map as in the PC version?
  • Can we use tegidcam to walk around the park like in the pc version?

First off, I can't tell you how excited I am to finally be able to experience this game. I've watched countless online videos over the years but being a Mac user / console only gamer, I just had to hope that a time would come when it would be ported to consoles. Please note that I have searched the internet for these answers, and also asked on Reddit prior to coming here to ask.

1. Pre-Orders
It seems to be clear that the only way to get all the pre-order content included with the purchase of the game is to get the Deluxe Edition - which is digital only. I'm old and stubborn and just prefer my physical media, especially with a game like this that I've been waiting so long to play. I have read your responses regarding the fact that people who buy the physical copy will be able to purchase the DLC in game but what I can figure out is if all three "Bonus Packs" will be obtainable this way. In fact, Microsoft's online store is showing three bonus packs while Sony's is only showing two.
  • Planet Coaster: Oswald's Magnificent Machine (Sony isn't listing this one)
  • Planet Coaster: Classic Rides Collection
  • Planet Coaster: Magnificent Rides Collection
2. Game Save Data
Due to the current state of things, I have been splitting my time between my home and my Dad's, as he has some mobility issues and needs someone with him at all times. It would be great to not have to carry my console with me back and forth between houses in order to spend some time in my park. I plan on taking my current console over to his house when my next-gen systems arrive so I am wondering if there is a way I can access my park from both locations (one at a time of course). It would be "PS4 Pro & PS5" or "Xbox One X & Xbox Series X", and they would both be logged into my PS+ / Live account.

Someone on Reddit wasn't sure but said a possible work around would be to upload my park to the "factory", mark it as private, and then just keep downloading / uploading every time I play at the other location. Perhaps that would work but it would be nice if my save file was in the cloud where it would just update automatically.

3. Playstation 5 / Xbox Series X
I have a feeling I may not get an answer on this one, but here it goes. I am fortunately enough to have preordered both a PS5 and Series X for launch day. They will be replacing my PS4 and Xbox One X for my main consoles. I'm very torn over which system to purchase this game for. I know the specs are a bit different. Diehard fans say one is far better performing, but over the past few days there have been some developers stepping forward and saying the differences are negligible at best. What makes it worse is the news that all user creations will now be locked into the system they were created on.

Does one system handle this demanding game better than the other? Do you anticipate a larger user base on one over the other (since the player communities are now divided)? I've never been more torn with a cross-platform release as I have with this game. After so many years of waiting I just want to make sure I can have the best experience I can from one of the two next-gen systems.

---

Thank you for answering / explaining whatever you can in regards to my above questions. I understand there may be things you are unable to publicly reveal at this time.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Greetings Devs!

Planet Coaster Console Edition is my most anticipated game for my new Next Gen console. With that said, the game comes out in about 15 days or so, but we have not heard anything about the next gen versions. With the game being this close to launch, whatever the plans are they have been done and in place so why not share this information with us?

Can you please share what advantages the next gen versions will have over the previous gen versions?

Thanks!

Hayo! Yes, the Deluxe Edition content will be available to purchase separately. :D
On the last stream for the game a user asked this question and the person hosting the stream said "we have nothing to say about this" when asked about buying the DLC later. This was the stream where they talked about the Workshop that was posted last last week.

Can you confirm this is the case?

On the last stream for the game a user asked this question and the person hosting the stream said "we have nothing to say about this" when asked about buying the DLC later. This was the stream where they talked about the Workshop that was posted last last week.

Can you confirm this is the case?
The host was Chante Goodman. they will be available separately.
is the case?
[/QUOTE]

One thing whould be more specified : the choice of a gift ! ......I wanted to buy the game for a grandson , and obtain a code for him to play on his Xbox ....a Microsoft ' helper said :it's ok ; .....but an other (Expert) said : not possible to get a code to offer . The code stay on your own Microsoft Account (for Xbox !) and can't be offer !!!!!!!!!!!! So i had to delete my pre-order !!!!!:mad: So please , Frontier , clarify this problem for everybody , cause it's a bit cloudy !......

Top Bottom