Planet Coaster | Pre-Order and Deluxe Edition Announcement

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
So why would Chante say "we have nothing to announce" when asked about the DLC being available outside of the deluxe edition?
[/QUOTE]
I think you misunderstood me. The Planet Coaster: Deluxe Edition content is available separately. We have nothing to announce regarding any other DLCs outside of Magnificent Rides Collection and Classic Rides Collection, the DLCs available in the Deluxe Edition.

So why would Chante say "we have nothing to announce" when asked about the DLC being available outside of the deluxe edition?
[/QUOTE]
She was talking about the other dlc like spooky, ghost Busters and bttf.

I think you misunderstood me. The Planet Coaster: Deluxe Edition content is available separately. We have nothing to announce regarding any other DLCs outside of Magnificent Rides Collection and Classic Rides Collection, the DLCs available in the Deluxe Edition.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for clarifying that. I post on other forums and some people were confused by that. I will make sure to let them know.

BTW...Game looks fantastic and can't wait till the 10th. Any word on what the enhancements are for the Xbox Series X/PS5? Resolution/framerate? That is what some posters at other forums have been asking. Can we get some details on next gen enhancements?

Thanks again for clarifying and for all the video's thus far.

Last edited:

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
1. Is ps+ required to access the workshop?
2. Are the menus expandable? From what your streams have shown me, only two rows of stuff are visible when the player is selecting a coaster for example.
1. No, PS+ and Xbox Live Gold are not required to access the Workshop.
2. The menus are not expandable.

1. Pre-Orders
It seems to be clear that the only way to get all the pre-order content included with the purchase of the game is to get the Deluxe Edition - which is digital only. I'm old and stubborn and just prefer my physical media, especially with a game like this that I've been waiting so long to play. I have read your responses regarding the fact that people who buy the physical copy will be able to purchase the DLC in game but what I can figure out is if all three "Bonus Packs" will be obtainable this way. In fact, Microsoft's online store is showing three bonus packs while Sony's is only showing two.
  • Planet Coaster: Oswald's Magnificent Machine (Sony isn't listing this one)
  • Planet Coaster: Classic Rides Collection
  • Planet Coaster: Magnificent Rides Collection
2. Game Save Data
It would be "PS4 Pro & PS5" or "Xbox One X & Xbox Series X", and they would both be logged into my PS+ / Live account.
Someone on Reddit wasn't sure but said a possible work around would be to upload my park to the "factory", mark it as private, and then just keep downloading / uploading every time I play at the other location. Perhaps that would work but it would be nice if my save file was in the cloud where it would just update automatically.

3. Playstation 5 / Xbox Series X
Does one system handle this demanding game better than the other? Do you anticipate a larger user base on one over the other (since the player communities are now divided)? I've never been more torn with a cross-platform release as I have with this game. After so many years of waiting I just want to make sure I can have the best experience I can from one of the two next-gen systems.
Oswald’s Magnificent Machine is a pre-order bonus that is only available by pre-ordering the game. This includes pre-ordering the physical version. The 2 DLC packs (Classic Rides and Magnificent Rides) will come bundled with the Deluxe Edition but can be purchased from the Xbox/PlayStation store separately for those who have purchased the game on disc.
To get everything at launch you can either:
  • Pre order the Deluxe Edition on digital
  • Pre order the game on disc and purchase the 2 DLC packs on launch day

Regarding your second question, on Xbox this should work as Smart Delivery will be available. While this won't be available on PlayStation, you will have the Frontier Workshop available to use for uploading and downloading your parks and creations!

We have nothing to announce regarding the last question in your post.

One thing whould be more specified : the choice of a gift ! ......I wanted to buy the game for a grandson , and obtain a code for him to play on his Xbox ....a Microsoft ' helper said :it's ok ; .....but an other (Expert) said : not possible to get a code to offer . The code stay on your own Microsoft Account (for Xbox !) and can't be offer !!!!!!!!!!!! So i had to delete my pre-order !!!!!:mad: So please , Frontier , clarify this problem for everybody , cause it's a bit cloudy !......
Hey @gecaum, I already responded to you in the DMs to the best of my knowledge. This is a Microsoft related issue, the problem you're having isn't due to Frontier. Please contact Microsoft for more clarification on this.

Any word on what the enhancements are for the Xbox Series X/PS5? Resolution/framerate? That is what some posters at other forums have been asking. Can we get some details on next gen enhancements?
Nothing to announce on this at this time. When we have more to share, we'll let you all know!

Please I want to preorder the game but I want to know this things first:
  • Is the size of the map as in the PC version?
  • Can we use tegidcam to walk around the park like in the pc version?
  • Will be have DLC in the future?

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Please I want to preorder the game but I want to know this things first:
  • Is the size of the map as in the PC version?
  • Can we use tegidcam to walk around the park like in the pc version?
  • Will be have DLC in the future?
Yes, it will have the same map size.
Planet Coaster: Console Edition does have tegidcam, but it's under a different name to represent the developers who worked on Console Edition.
We have nothing to announce regarding DLC in the future.

Thanks!

Planet Coaster: Console Edition does have tegidcam, but it's under a different name to represent the developers who worked on Console Edition.

Thanks!
Great now I preorder the game :D thanks

Is there any word on a PS5 Digital Deluxe preorder? Or do I have to preorder it on the PS4 and then “convert” it to the PS5 version? It is currently listed as “Coming Soon” on the Planet Coaster preorder page. Thanks!

Is there any word on a PS5 Digital Deluxe preorder? Or do I have to preorder it on the PS4 and then “convert” it to the PS5 version? It is currently listed as “Coming Soon” on the Planet Coaster preorder page. Thanks!

They're never really up to date on the info they bring out. Im an Xbox user, but there's been questions concerning about PS. They just need to get their crap together

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Now I've pre-ordered I'm excited to try it on the console. I will probably still play on the PC too, but it will be nice to try the different UI and be part of the new workshop.

Thanks!
Thanks Chante. I know I and others have been wondering about the Map Size and Tegidcam. Glad to have that confirmed. Appreciate it!!!

Now....any word on what enhancements will be offered for Xbox Series X or PS5 players? I am still deciding which version to buy.....heck I might buy both! lol.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo @drew-tang, thanks for your question! Pre-orders directly for the PlayStation 5 version digitally aren't currently available. However, if you pre-order for the PlayStation 4 and use the next-gen upgrade, I can confirm that you will also receive the pre-order bonus coaster, Oswald's Magnificent Machine, and the Planet Coaster: Deluxe Edition content (Magnificent Rides Collection and Classic Rides Collection) on the PlayStation 5 :D

Hayo @drew-tang, thanks for your question! Pre-orders directly for the PlayStation 5 version digitally aren't currently available. However, if you pre-order for the PlayStation 4 and use the next-gen upgrade, I can confirm that you will also receive the pre-order bonus coaster, Oswald's Magnificent Machine, and the Planet Coaster: Deluxe Edition content (Magnificent Rides Collection and Classic Rides Collection) on the PlayStation 5 :D
Thank you for the reply! I will take that route then now that I know the preorder bonus coaster transfers too.

Hayo coaster friends!

It has been incredible for us to see how excited you all are to get your hands on Planet Coaster: Console Edition. It's been a wild ride so far, and today we have a special announcement.

Planet Coaster: Console Edition is now available to pre-order and will release on November 10th, 2020 on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It will then release on PlayStation 5 alongside the launch of the console from November 12th, 2020.

We can't wait for you to experience Planet Coaster on the console of your choice, and we're looking forward to seeing what the new members of our PlanCo Fam will create.

In addition if you pre-order Planet Coaster: Console Edition, you'll gain access to a bonus coaster called Oswald's Magnificent Machine! This astonishing ride was the first coaster designed by impresario Oswald B. Thompson, who you'll be seeing much more of soon. Check it out!

And that’s not all! Available as a digital exclusive, pre-order Planet Coaster: Deluxe Edition for even more great content! As well as the base game, you’ll also receive both the Magnificent Rides Collection and the Classic Rides Collection, offering up a total of 18 new rides and coasters, inspired by some of the most iconic attractions from fairgrounds and theme parks around the world. These additions are sure to provide budding coaster connoisseurs with even more ways to surprise and delight their guests.

Planet Coaster: Console Edition will also have fully integrated Smart Delivery, meaning if you choose to purchase on the Xbox One, you will gain automatic access to an optimised version on Xbox Series X|S for free! A free upgrade will also be available from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 both for digital and physical players! For more detailed information on how this will work you can read more here.

We can’t wait to welcome more members to the PlanCo Fam! Make sure you don't miss out on any news by following us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to us on YouTube.

Better get planning the park of your dreams - you'll be able to create it soon!

Hi 😊

With console edition we would love to have the option of uploading custom images and videos. Other games have made a companion app which would work great! The app would allow us to uplaod image or video from our phones or pc which then can be taken from the console workshop to use in our creations :) I really hope this concept could be considered

Kind Regards
Zack

How will the pre-order bonus (Oswald's Magnificent Machine) be delivered? Will it be a special download code sent by the dealer where I bought the game? I'm asking, because I asked the shop where I pre-ordered, and they answered that they don't know about this bonus and that I would not get it. So is there another way to obtain it? Because I truly pre-ordered the PS4 edition.

What is the Oswald-Eugene Counter???? 😒
Will there be a construction limit in the map?
There are people who have already played the game on the console and say that animatronics block the game.
I've preordered the game and now i'm worried it's forcibly limited like jurassic world.

Last edited:

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
How will the pre-order bonus (Oswald's Magnificent Machine) be delivered? Will it be a special download code sent by the dealer where I bought the game? I'm asking, because I asked the shop where I pre-ordered, and they answered that they don't know about this bonus and that I would not get it. So is there another way to obtain it? Because I truly pre-ordered the PS4 edition.
I believe it's only available in the digital deluxe edition

Top Bottom