Elite Dangerous (incl. Horizons) will be free to keep via Epic store from 19th November (offer available for a week)

Make a new frontier account with a new email address, and a new epic account with the new email address.

Link those.

The whole thing is silly though.
Doesn't work, as I've already linked it due to the BAAAAAAAAAAAD tutorial here.
Seriously, it's bad and I'm beyond annoyed.

Doesn't work, as I've already linked it due to the BAAAAAAAAAAAD tutorial here.
Seriously, it's bad and I'm beyond annoyed.

Oh ,yeah, that wont unlink your current account - that's a support job (dumb aint it)

But this is how you would get a new account, not linked to your old account.

Then you can get support to unlink your old account from epic.

I now have this working, however does anyone know where they have saved the key bindings file ?.

edit it died and now it says i need to upgrade again. Back to my other account for the night and i will see if there is any movement tomorrow. If not then i will just uninstall it i cannot be arsed messing with it to be honest.

Last edited:
I have managed to verify my new Frontier account is working...by logging into the Frontier site. Proof that the Launcher - prior to being broken due to the ED update released a few minutes after the Epic version went live - was wrong when it rejected my credentials.

I feel for all those new customers that are having a great time at the moment....

It's NICE venting here...I feel better.

Scoob.

I've changed my Epic account's email address and created a second Frontier account with said email address. So far so good. Is it possible to link these without first downloading the entire game from Epic?

I've changed my Epic account's email address and created a second Frontier account with said email address. So far so good. Is it possible to link these without first downloading the entire game from Epic?

Sort of?

Epic needs to think the game is installed though - and it'll need to download the launcher.

I part downloaded, then used a symbolic link to point the Products directory to my other products directory which has the actual game files in it - so, if one launcher updates it, the others are all updated (game files wise) too.

Urgh. I'm getting the "Please purchase / redeem your copy of ED" message again. What is WRONG with the launcher? I've verified my account is valid, why doesn't it work? I guess I'll go back and try to link it again, assuming that's possible.

Scoob.

My problems appears to be my new (verified) Frontier account showing as NOT linked to my Epic account, despite following all the required steps correctly. Is this the current known issue?

Scoob.

Epic Client keeps crashing for me...while it's running it makes other things crash too! Can't download game.

Edit: I'd read that the Epic Game Launcher was a bit rubbish, now it just has a white screen...really bad. Good job this is free, else I'd have hit the refund button already lol.

Scoob.

since for all the others the client seems to run fine, maybe, and I say maybe, it is your system that is rubbish.

since for all the others the client seems to run fine, maybe, and I say maybe, it is your system that is rubbish.

No, nothing wrong with the system. There's a problem with my account - while I've followed the process to the letter to link my Epic account with my new Frontier account (which is valid btw, I can log into "My Account" just fine on the website) for some reason the linking of the two accounts has failed and I cannot do anything to try again.

Edit: Sorry, just realised you quoted an earlier post of mine. A subsequent update of the Client fixed things - even though I'd just downloaded the thing moments earlier. Perhaps something went wrong - the Epic Client was very unstable, yet it's fine now - it's the FDev launcher (the custom Epic one) that doesn't recognise my purchase. I'm NOT going to play about with the regular launcher on my main gaming PC - I'm keeping that totally separate!

Scoob.

Top Bottom